Any Musicians out there?

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Cool Any Musicians out there?

I have moved here in TV about 2 months ago, I joined a few of the
guitar clubs and have been enjoying playing a lot of the old standards. Most of the people I have met have been very friendly.
I really do miss playing golden oldies, classic rock and motown; so if there are any lead guitar players or any stringed instrument who would like to get together and jam please let me know either through this forum or e-mail.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Default Musicians

I am looking for an experienced Guitar player to be in an Rock and Roll Oldie's Band. We are all located in the Villages.
Please e-mail me, and/or call me.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Vinny

Cell: 1-347-683-9269

E-Mail: VincentCognato@aol.com
Old 06-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Cool Bass Player (at least I think so)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuy View Post
guitar clubs and have been enjoying playing a lot of the old standards. Most of the people I have met have been very friendly.
I really do miss playing golden oldies, classic rock and motown; so if there are any lead guitar players or any stringed instrument who would like to get together and jam please let me know either through this forum or e-mail.
Will be bringing our stuff down 1st week of Aug and looking to re-establish my callouses on my fingers sometime after that. Done a little Dixie, Polka, Old-time, lite Jazz, old R&R, R&B, C&W, Love it all. Probably need a new set of strings on the old Fender Jazz after I get warmed back up. (& I don't mean the Fla Heat) Hope the tubes in the ol' Bassman amp survive the trip.

Mick
- Irving Kristol
Old 06-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Veteran member

Hello gents. We are planning to move to TV sometime early in 2011, and I will be very interested to meet everyone who posted on this topic. I play guitar, can't do the leads I used to thanks to some arthritis, but still play pretty well. I've put together a lot of bands over the years, including recently, and would look forward to getting together and having some fun. I'm also a lead singer, for what that's worth. Anyway, we'll be in touch when we get there!

Bill Davis
Old 05-01-2014, 09:52 AM

Hi,
I am moving to The Villages mid May and would like to jam with you. I play electric guitar and play at lot of Classic rock and much more. Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuy View Post
I play Keys Classic rock. Rob at 352-566-6000
Old 05-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Default 1-4-5- and much more much more

Rob on KEYS call 352-566-6000
Old 05-04-2014, 02:56 PM

Rob on Keys call 352-566-6000
Old 05-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsdavis View Post
Hello gents. We are planning to move to TV sometime early in 2011, and I will be very interested to meet everyone who posted on this topic. I play guitar, can't do the leads I used to thanks to some arthritis, but still play pretty well. I've put together a lot of bands over the years, including recently, and would look forward to getting together and having some fun. I'm also a lead singer, for what that's worth. Anyway, we'll be in touch when we get there!

Bill Davis
This post is four years old. The gentleman named Bill Davis is now with a band called Three For The Road. They play the squares and have a busy schedule.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:31 AM

I just moved here from PA. Been in a few bands since 6th grade. Did some tours, etc... Point is I wouldn't mind meeting some guys that grew up playing in garage bands, doing gigs, etc. Music has never been a business for me. Just fun. Although my major in college was trumpet (jazz, big band experience...) I primarily play keyboards. Give me a shout at:
joecapp53@gmail.com if you want to talk, etc.. In The Village of Gilchrist.

Joe C
Old 05-07-2014, 08:36 AM

I just moved here from PA. Been in a few bands since 6th grade. Did some tours, etc... Point is I wouldn't mind meeting some guys that grew up playing in garage bands, doing gigs, etc. Music has never been a business for me. Just fun. Although my major in college was trumpet (jazz, big band experience...) I primarily play keyboards. Give me a shout at:
joecapp53@gmail.com if you want to talk, etc.. In The Village of Gilchrist.

Joe C
Old 07-25-2014, 01:43 PM

I play guitar, sing, karaoke alot have equipment lake deaton area. Have fake books etc.
Sounds okay to me.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Sage

Glad to see this thread. I have a 23 year old songwriter, lead guitar playing, rocker who comes periodically to visit and have been trying to find some people who would like to jam. Pretty much his life and so far have yet to find anyone here who is interested in including a visitor. I hope someone on here would enjoy having some guy fill in and try some new or old stuff together. If so, please let me know and I will put your number in my important person list for when he comes.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:36 AM

Looking for a drummer with electric kit?
Old 11-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

The best way to meet other musicians is to attend the various music clubs.

Several bands have been formed by people that have met at my Beatles club.

Just show up with your instrument at the O'Dell Center at 10:00 (or a little before) on Friday morning. You'll get to sit in with and meet a great group of musicians.

There's also the Advanced Acoustic Guitar Workshop on Tuesday mornings at 9:00 at Churchill, The Acoustic Guitar Club on Thursday morning at 10:00 at Paradise, Sparky's Strummers on Thursday mornings at 9:00 at The Savannah Center, several ukulele clubs, harmonica clubs and other types of music clubs. Check out the recreation newspaper or go to thevillages.com and look under recreation to find them.

Just show up to these meetings and you'll meet plenty of musicians.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.