Killing Kennedy

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2014, 10:49 PM
Sage
Default Killing Kennedy

the made for tv movie Killing Kennedy based on the book by bill o'reilly, will premier sunday night at 9 on fox news channel. rob lowe plays JFK. it looks like it will be good and historically researched.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:58 PM
Gold member

I read the book. I hope it is as good. I also read his other books on Jesus and Lincoln. I haven't read Killing Patton yet but I will.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:06 AM
Sage

i read Killing Jesus but not the others....am sure they are all excellent. they are co-authored by an historian.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:56 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

I believe that the hour prior to that showing is an in-depth show on the research for the movie hosted by both of the book's authors.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb Kennedy

O'Reilly's book is good, Am reading Killing Patton and it is also good. Having said this I believe the best book on the Kennedy killings "Mafia Kingfish". It was written quite a long time ago and is the only book that I have read on the subject that ties all the people together. I believe once a person reads this book they will really understand the assination of Kennedy, who was behind it, how all the characters involved are tied together. It is an old book and maybe can only be bought by putting a request on Yahoo,,etc. to see where it may be available.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:27 AM
Platinum member

Who is the author of mafia kingfish
Old 11-26-2014, 10:45 AM
Platinum member

I just ordered a use copy on Amazon. With shipping. $5.01.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb Interested

Would be interested in what you think after you have read it. Not sure of the Author as it has been a long time since I read it and I gave my copy to a friend.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Would be interested in what you think after you have read it. Not sure of the Author as it has been a long time since I read it and I gave my copy to a friend.
John H. Davis is the author. I will get back to you when I read it
Old 11-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
the made for tv movie Killing Kennedy based on the book by bill o'reilly, will premier sunday night at 9 on fox news channel. rob lowe plays JFK. it looks like it will be good and historically researched.
Thank you so much. We would have been sorry to have missed it.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
O'Reilly's book is good, Am reading Killing Patton and it is also good. Having said this I believe the best book on the Kennedy killings "Mafia Kingfish". It was written quite a long time ago and is the only book that I have read on the subject that ties all the people together. I believe once a person reads this book they will really understand the assination of Kennedy, who was behind it, how all the characters involved are tied together. It is an old book and maybe can only be bought by putting a request on Yahoo,,etc. to see where it may be available.
Can't wait to get this book. I will try first at the library but might have to fork over the $$ on Amazon. Kennedy's speeches are available on CD....as thrilling as ever, maybe more so.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
I read about a half dozen books on the subject in the late 60's early 70's, I remember Mark Lane's "Rush to Judgement" was probably the most interesting of the bunch. It covered all of the connections between Oswald, his service in the Marines and defection to Russia, Jack Ruby, the Mafia, Officer Tippet and the CIA. I've also seen a lot of TV shows about the magic bullet and also the mechanics and skill needed to make those shots.

I never read O'Reilly's book because I just couldn't figure what could he add that hasn't already been written or talked about. When I read reviews of his book, they came across like this one:

Once upon a time, Bill O’Reilly had balls when it came to investigating the Kennedy assassination. Back in 1991 — as a reporter for the tabloid TV news show, “Inside Edition” – O’Reilly had the guts to track the epic crime all the way into the dark labyrinth of the CIA. Following up on the important work done by investigators for the House Select Committee on Assassinations in the late ‘70s, O’Reilly boldly told his “Inside Edition” audience that there were “crucial” links between alleged assassin Lee Harvey Oswald and the CIA. O’Reilly also reported that the CIA had infiltrated the office of New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison, who brought the only criminal case in the JFK assassination to trial, in an effort to sabotage Garrison’s investigation.

That was then – when O’Reilly was a scrappy reporter for low-budget syndicated TV. But now, of course, he’s BILL O’REILLY – Fox News icon, a lavishly paid centerpiece of the Murdoch empire. Everything he says – every windy pontification and dyspeptic remark – is writ LARGE. He can no longer afford to have the courage of his suspicions. In O’Reilly’s new ideological mold, the CIA is not the incubator of an unspeakable crime against American democracy – it’s the defender of the greatest nation in the world.

And so we have the Fox News star’s latest instant bestseller, “Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot,” co-written by Martin Dugard, who collaborated with O’Reilly on his earlier runaway success, “Killing Lincoln.” There is almost nothing in this Kennedy for Beginners book that indicates O’Reilly once did some original research on this murky and still deeply haunting subject. Most of this surprisingly dumbed-down book is a biographical rehash of the Kennedy story that will contain nothing new for even casual readers of People magazine and viewers of Kennedy soap opera biopics over the years. Once again, we get the story of JFK’s PT-109 heroics in the South Pacific; the lurid tales of Jack’s womanizing and Jackie’s anguish; the requisite cameos of Sinatra, Marilyn and the Mob; the familiar snapshots of a deeply disgruntled Lyndon Johnson, continually humiliated by the Kennedy brothers and their elite Harvard crowd. None of this is worth the book’s $28 price of admission.

My question is, what did O'Reilly uncover that we don't already know?

Old 11-27-2014, 06:46 PM
Sage

Bill figured out another way to make money from his fan base.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post

Bill figured out another way to make money from his fan base.
I agree. Bill is utilizing Martin Dugard as the real "author" of the Killing book $eries. He is also using his own O'Reilly name to market the book since he has a name recognition. O'Reilly also is able to reach a larger audience with his television $how.

There are a ton of Kennedy, Jesus, and Lincoln books out there. Also quite a few Patton books. There is no new information ... just a different way to tell the same stories.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Veteran member

A couple of weeks ago Newsmax TV, Channel 243on DirectTV, also on Dish, ran a mor interesting documentary of the man who really killed JFK. He shot from the Grassy Knoll. That is why Kennedy's head jerked back. The Warren Commission with Specter and Ford covered it up. Oswald and Ruby were involved also. The Man they had interviewed was the only person to confess to killing Kennedy. Mafia, CIA, and possibly LBJ were the connspiritors.

First reports I heard on that day were that the shots came from the Grassy Knoll.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.