Aerobics in Neighborhood Pools

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Platinum member

[quote=tolife;961674]Maybe, this would be a help. My husband said he hear, from the supervisor Matt at Eisenhower Sports pool that residents will be able as of April 2015 to reserve a time slot for 6 months at a time for volleyball for friends or clubs without renting the pool. Why not for other act ivies. So everyone can be happy, happy, happy.[/quote
Are you referring to sports pools (e.g., Eisenhower) or neighborhood pools, which are the subject of this thread? Isn't this already done at sports pools? As a lap swimmer, I constantly need to work around volleyball, aerobics, college classes, etc. I'm not complaining since I understand that we all need to share the sports pools.

I hope it's not the neighborhood pools this gent was referring to.That would seriously impact the flexibility of them and certainly not mitigate the issues caused by the unauthorized aerobic class.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

[quote=naneiben;961831]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolife View Post
Maybe, this would be a help. My husband said he hear, from the supervisor Matt at Eisenhower Sports pool that residents will be able as of April 2015 to reserve a time slot for 6 months at a time for volleyball for friends or clubs without renting the pool. Why not for other act ivies. So everyone can be happy, happy, happy.[/quote
Are you referring to sports pools (e.g., Eisenhower) or neighborhood pools, which are the subject of this thread? Isn't this already done at sports pools? As a lap swimmer, I constantly need to work around volleyball, aerobics, college classes, etc. I'm not complaining since I understand that we all need to share the sports pools.

I hope it's not the neighborhood pools this gent was referring to.That would seriously impact the flexibility of them and certainly not mitigate the issues caused by the unauthorized aerobic class.
Oh, I hope you are right, that this is not for neighborhood pools. That would mean the pushy people win out again.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:19 PM

Just received this in an email from Neighborhood group:

"I wanted to update you on a few items. The first "biggie" is, it is
OFFICIAL....we are allowed to exercise in our neighborhood pools. ................got the confirmation yesterday. The signs are coming down and we can exercise without conflict. So, I am still at Xxxxxxx on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 10AM, weather permitting of 60 degrees or higher in the air. "
Old 11-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaudit View Post

OFFICIAL....we are allowed to exercise in our neighborhood pools. ................got the confirmation yesterday. The signs are coming down and we can exercise without conflict. So, I am still at Xxxxxxx on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 10AM, weather permitting of 60 degrees or higher in the air. "

Do you think that this person is collecting money for this? Do you think this person is correct? Can you tell us more? Is this a friend of yours?
Old 11-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
There was a sign posted at the gate to the Sabal Chase pool saying no organized water activities were allowed. Sabal Chase has had informal water aerobics at about 9:30 am for the past 8 years. I did not see a similar sign at the Largo pool. So, it is more than just the Daily Sun article.
Great! Maybe there will be one posted at the Charlotte pool, also!
Old 11-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Curious as to where this Neighborhood group got their information? Certainly not from TV Recreation News, which now states that the neighborhood adult pools are not for classes of any kind (or wording to that effect - don't have it right in front of me to quote).
Old 11-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Do you think that this person is collecting money for this? Do you think this person is correct? Can you tell us more? Is this a friend of yours?
She also doesn't say if the exercise classes are allowed to take up the whole pool and keep others from noodling around, using the pool for what it is intended. Will the classes be trying to keep people out of the pool?

Will they participants be required to sign a release form like in all other exercise classes at the rec centers? Lots of unanswered questions. I know Bogie is about to tell me to ask Rohan. I will.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

If this is true, the complaining about aerobics class may have backfired big time.

There are MANY volleyball enthusiasts. If they begin booking blocks of time, well, fuhget about leisurely relaxing at your pool.

I have no dog in this fight since I use sports pools 95% of the time.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Sage

Camera should go to the Charlotte Pool on Monday at ten.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Sage

to Mr. Rohan, John.Rohan@districtgov.org

"Dear Mr. Rohan,

There are a number of conflicting pieces of information being circulated about the use of neighborhood pools by people holding aerobics classes.

"I have written to you twice about neighborhood pools being taken over by water aerobics classes before and received two confusing answers that didn't really answer the question. I would like to know if these aerobics classes are allowed to take up neighborhood pools, leaving no room for people to use the pools as their stated purpose.

"Some neighborhood pools have had signs posted on them to the effect that no exercise classes are allowed. Conflicting information comes from one exercise leader via email, stating that these signs will be taken down and the classes allowed. Another piece of conflicting information from Eisenhower rec center: 'the supervisor Matt at Eisenhower Sports pool (says) that residents will be able as of April 2015 to reserve a time slot for 6 months at a time for volleyball for friends or clubs without renting the pool. Manager states that pools will be allowed to have classes reserved.' It is not clear whether he means the sports pool or the neighborhood pools.

"Can you provide some clarification to all this. Because at the same time, it has been posted in the Rec News that the neighborhood pools are not to be used for exercise classes. And if there are to be exercise classes in these pools, will the participants be required to sign the same release form as other rec center exercisers sign every year? What are the legal ramifications to TV if someone is injured?

"Thank you for any definitive answer."

I hope I get a better answer than I got to my last to emails to him.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
to Mr. Rohan, John.Rohan@districtgov.org

"Dear Mr. Rohan,

There are a number of conflicting pieces of information being circulated about the use of neighborhood pools by people holding aerobics classes.

"I have written to you twice about neighborhood pools being taken over by water aerobics classes before and received two confusing answers that didn't really answer the question. I would like to know if these aerobics classes are allowed to take up neighborhood pools, leaving no room for people to use the pools as their stated purpose.

"Some neighborhood pools have had signs posted on them to the effect that no exercise classes are allowed. Conflicting information comes from one exercise leader via email, stating that these signs will be taken down and the classes allowed. Another piece of conflicting information from Eisenhower rec center: 'the supervisor Matt at Eisenhower Sports pool (says) that residents will be able as of April 2015 to reserve a time slot for 6 months at a time for volleyball for friends or clubs without renting the pool. Manager states that pools will be allowed to have classes reserved.' It is not clear whether he means the sports pool or the neighborhood pools.

"Can you provide some clarification to all this. Because at the same time, it has been posted in the Rec News that the neighborhood pools are not to be used for exercise classes. And if there are to be exercise classes in these pools, will the participants be required to sign the same release form as other rec center exercisers sign every year? What are the legal ramifications to TV if someone is injured?

"Thank you for any definitive answer."

I hope I get a better answer than I got to my last to emails to him.
I'm still waiting for an answer to my email. Perhaps things were backed up last week dur to Mr. Morse's passing.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:45 PM

I was at the meeting 2 months ago when the subject of reserving a court for water volleyball was first mentioned. It would only be at Eisenhower Sports Pool and would probably be a total of 2 hours on two days. Example: Wedesday 2:00 PM - 3:50 PM & Sunday 3:00 PM - 4:50 PM. A group would request a permit to reserve a water volleyball court for a 3 month period. They would have to request another permit if they wanted to reserve the court after the 3 months is up. Currently Eisenhower has several days with water volleyball listed as "Open". Open play would by replaced by "Reserved".
Old 11-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tghoul View Post
I was at the meeting 2 months ago when the subject of reserving a court for water volleyball was first mentioned. It would only be at Eisenhower Sports Pool and would probably be a total of 2 hours on two days. Example: Wedesday 2:00 PM - 3:50 PM & Sunday 3:00 PM - 4:50 PM. A group would request a permit to reserve a water volleyball court for a 3 month period. They would have to request another permit if they wanted to reserve the court after the 3 months is up. Currently Eisenhower has several days with water volleyball listed as "Open". Open play would by replaced by "Reserved".
Is Eisenhower a regional rec center?
Old 11-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Is Eisenhower a regional rec center?
Yes
Old 11-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Sage

So Eisenhower has a sports pool. The neighborhood pools are not sports pools and can't be reserved for anything. Right? So this gal is blowing smoke the way I see it.

She really has gall.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.