Attorney Susan Sullivan

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2015, 01:35 PM
Default Attorney Susan Sullivan

Has anyone used Susan Sullivan recently to draw up wills and/or any other estate documents?

We need to have new wills drawn up and are looking for a good, reasonable attorney who can accomplish what we need fairly quickly.

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:41 PM
Veteran member

Yes...used her for such documents and very pleased with her skills and manner.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:49 PM
Veteran member

Highly recommend Susan! She is great, reasonable priced and very knowledgeable.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:12 PM
Platinum member

You will be in good hands.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:25 PM
Veteran member

We used her for wills and her office staff is very nice and she did a great job on the wills but didn't get back to us on another matter. Of course, we kept forgetting and only contacted the office once afterwards to inquire about that other matter. I kept forgetting about it so maybe they did also. I thought they would have a better memory than I do, lol. We will use her again on that matter if we/they remember to set it up.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:47 PM

Used her to update and verify that our wills which were drawn up in another state were valid in FL. She did a great job and she has positive reviews in another TOTV tread.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Used her very pleased, didn't force us into anything we didn't need.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:01 AM
Veteran member

She's great. Have recommended her to many folks.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:56 AM

Thanks everyone. I called and set up an appointment with Susan.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:13 AM

Where is she located. I found her in Oxford is this correct?
Old 03-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Sage

I had Susan Sullivan draw up my will and revocable trust 2 years ago. I liked her very much. Capable and reasonable.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 03-02-2015, 11:45 AM

Yes, she's located right next to Bargains and Treasures.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:33 PM

We used Susan for our wills and were pleased however, just now I needed her to attend to a change on that will prior to my mother going into assisted living and she has no time to meet quickly. She is a month out on appointments. Just a case of getting too busy to attend to existing clients which is a great concern for me. I will be changing attorneys.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukismom View Post
We used Susan for our wills and were pleased however, just now I needed her to attend to a change on that will prior to my mother going into assisted living and she has no time to meet quickly. She is a month out on appointments. Just a case of getting too busy to attend to existing clients which is a great concern for me. I will be changing attorneys.
Sit down with a list of your mother's bank accounts, investments, and insurance policies. Contact each and every one and verify beneficiaries and joint owners - we found out the hard way that AIG had lost my dad's original life insurance application and thus had no record of beneficiaries! (Fortunately, he was an accountant and had kept a copy all of these years!)

If your mother is up to it, take her around to her banks, etc and have her tell a *bank officer* that you are her power of attorney (hand the bank officer a copy of that POA) and (if true) beneficiary and suggest that they put a note in her account file stating that. It will save a lot of footwork later if there are questions. Make sure that you have access to any and all safe deposit boxes. Don't store important legal documents in her assisted living apartment if you can help it. Ideally, every bank account should have a joint owner and or Payable on Death person so that it doesn't have to go thru probate.

Have her call Social Security, health insurance companies and the life and medical insurance companies and have her tell them that they can discuss your account with them. Ask the nice SocSecurity person to make a note in her online file. Make sure that you have a medical POA and a HIPPA release.

Consider having your mother set up a revocable trust with you as the successor trustee. You can fund it by setting up a bank account and putting a small amount in. It will save lots of problems later on as the trust survives beyond her life and or competency. Also note that you can put everything in the trust if it become necessary to qualify your mother for Medicaid or other programs. Much easier to do while she can actually execute the trust.

We used Amy Reed Pitman and thought that she was great. However, you may have problems getting in fast. If so, try Samantha Rauba in Ocala - she's handled several thing for my (demented) mother and she understands that some things are urgent.

Oh yes. I'm not an attorney and can't hand out legal advice. I can only tell you about my experiences with my parents and the lessons learned.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Sage
Default Attorney Susan Sullivan

We, along with a number of our friends have used Attorney Kathryn Linn. Her address is:
561 Fieldcrest Drive
The Villages‎ FL‎ 32162
United States

Phone: (352) 633-1263

We are very pleased with her work in assisting us with trusts, powers of attorney, etc. etc.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.