Beware of Flower Delivery Express

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2015, 02:25 PM
Thumbs down That sure sounds familiar to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
In my prior life, i ordered flowers for people all over the country. I didn't like to order from the 1-800 companies for a few reasons: you never knew what the item really looked like, they always added a lot of fees and in this economy I liked to help the local businesses.

On a few occasions I called a local funeral home to ask what florist they recommended. I figured they saw flowers from all of the local shops. We have several florists in our town but, if asked, I would recommend a local nursery. Their arranagements are always beautiful. unique and reasonably priced.

A couple of years ago a realtor wanted to express her thanks for Mom and I using her services to sell a home. The realtor used an 800 company since she was in Florida and we were in Michigan. We never told her the flowers were almost dead when they arrived and the chocolates were melted.

Flowers Delivery Express flowers died almost as soon as my girlfriend got them. FDE, by the way, is in Commerce Township, Michigan, and has more than 5,000 complaints lodged with the Better Business Bureau and two websites devoted to people irate about FDE's shoddy and shady services.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:36 PM
Default thank you for your kidness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
You were NOT stupid. You just didn't know about ProFlowers when you ordered. They are the best on-line floral delivery service. We've been using them for many years, and it's been a delight to do business with them.

When you order from a local florist, even a good one, for long-distance delivery, the local establishment has no control over the integrity of the business on the other end. When my mother, who lived out-of-state was terminally ill in 1975, I ordered an FTD arrangement through a very reputable florist in our town. At that time (40 years ago), I paid $50 for the nicest arrangement FTD offered. A week later, my mother was rushed to the hospital. I flew in to see her. She had slipped into a coma right before my arrival. I saw the "arrangement" at her bedside. It was the worst possible, dead-cheap, crappy little, wilted piece of s**t I'd ever seen. It probably did not cost more than 4 or 5 dollars, including delivery.

I was so angry, I returned to our florist on my way home from the airport. They were also upset by the picture I showed them of the arrangement. They refunded my money, but it was too late. It was the last thing my mother had seen from me before she died.

So you see, we've all had to learn from experience. It wasn't your fault, and you should be thanked for trying to alert others. Have a good day.
I blame myself for violating my No. 1 rule: Google the firm you plan to deal with to see what complaints or braggings you see about them. If I had seen that Flowers Delivery Service (FDS) had more than 5,000 complaints with the Better Business Bureau and bilked folks out of 100G in money on the few web sites that list the losses, I never would have ordered through those scoundrels. I always go local when they are delivered in Ohio, but I was in Ohio and she was in Florida temporarily and I wanted her to feel better after enduring the rigors of driving there alone for two days. FDS destroyed the mood, the flowers were worthless and then FDS compounded the atrocity by giving me a "rebate" offer and taking away $40 of the $51 of the offer through chicanery. These guys need to go out of business. My thanks to everyone to contributed. As stated, my main goal is to warn everyone in The Villages to not be taken in by FDS, although the moderator of this board said that they have received NO other complaints about FDS. I can't believe that FDS has scammed thousands of people all over this country and I'm the only one in The Villages bilked by them. What are the odds of that? Or is it that those robbed by these ruffians are too ashamed to admit it? Again, thanks. I can't wait to get back to The Villages after Christmas in the Bonita Drive home purchased by my girlfriend.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

The most beautiful flowers I've ever received came from our son, ordered online from aboard a ship in the middle east. A mess of roses spilling out of a wicker basket, complete with lid to prop against them. They came with a picture and explanation of what to do. The other flowers came from him/other son/ husband, all ordered online, either for me to arrange or arranged by a local florist after being ordered online.

I'm not saying there aren't bad berries out there. But I wouldn't bash online ordering across the board.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	52972   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	52973   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	52974   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	52975  
Old 08-05-2015, 06:41 PM

Appreciate the responses. Don't say you haven't been warned about Flower Delivery Express. Attorneys are preparing information for a class-action lawsuit because this guy has been doing this to thousands of people (documented) costing 100K or more (also documented). This is no mom and pop scammer. He's a real pro. I don't want you to get taken like I did. Rather than chastise the victim, let's go after the perpetrator. Again, thanks for your comments.
Closed Thread

Tags
delivery, flower, express, flowers, rebate, complaints, outfit, promised, florist, $24.99, guys, sucker, $51.24, ohio, original, firm, web, filed, berry, wesley, girlfriend, sales, price, arrive, online

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.