Brownwood in C6 today

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2016, 07:25 AM
Default Brownwood in C6 today

Happy to see the article about Brownwood in The Village Sun on page C6 today. As many of you know I walk or take my golf cart there nearly every morning to meet friends for coffee. I was told that the owners of the Tea Exchange passed a petition as they are disappointed on the slow progress and the lack of special events in Brownwood. Maybe this is the start of something good.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
Maybe this is the start of something good.
Yeah, I saw the article about Brownwood but it smelled like a propaganda piece to me. When the authorities start bragging about something being good, usually just the opposite is true.

The simple truth is that Brownwood is just not as nice as LSL, and I bet the developers regret that.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:07 AM
Sage

The bleacher set up in my honest opinion was a mistake, lots of people find it a real pain to go up & down the stairs--you don't see many 2 story houses in the villages,do you?
Old 05-27-2016, 10:45 AM

Yes, the story was a puff piece.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
The bleacher set up in my honest opinion was a mistake, lots of people find it a real pain to go up & down the stairs--you don't see many 2 story houses in the villages,do you?
I disagree and think the stands are about the only thing BW has over the other squares.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:18 AM

I disagree too. I think the bleachers are the best thing they could've done, and they have the stage facing the crowd, unlike LSL and SS sitting in the middle. There's plenty of chairs on the ground for those that don't want to walk the bleachers, and it sure is great when a light rain shower develops.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:45 PM
Gold member

I think Brownwood is maturing quite nicely. From what we have heard, LSL was pretty empty for a few years and you still see empty store fronts in both Spanish Springs and LSL at this point.

It takes time and we like what we see happening in Brownwood thus far!
Old 05-28-2016, 06:36 AM

I was talking with friends just the other day. We all agreed that we enjoyed the entertainment a BW much more than at LSL. The sound system seems to be better and you can get a much better view of all that's going on while sitting in the bleachers. I do wish there were backs on them but I guess you can always bring your own stadium seat. I hadn't been to LSL in awhile and last week went to see Scooter there. I was really disappointed in the sound and view. Seems like a lot more room for the dancers at LSL though.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:37 AM
Platinum member

I appreciate the cover the bleachers provide when there is just a slight drizzle. And when there is a big crowd you can see the entertainers better. The fact that there is both is a positive.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:44 AM
Platinum member

As the southern end of TV continues to mature, I am sure Brownwood will grown. Being on "the end" of TV, it may not ever be as crowded as LSL which is located in the middle.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
As the southern end of TV continues to mature, I am sure Brownwood will grown. Being on "the end" of TV, it may not ever be as crowded as LSL which is located in the middle.
We are in Lynnhaven and only really go to Brownwood for special occasions or when they have a convenient movie time for a 3D movie.

Barnstorm is my favorite movie theater of the three Squares too.

Each of the Squares has its own charms.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:43 PM

Since it was mentioned, I wish that the Spice and Tea Exchange would open at 9a on Saturdays, since the Farmers Market is hopping early! Not too many vendors there today, but what was there was great.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

We live in Hillsborough and have the best of both worlds.....8 minutes to BW and 25 minutes to LSL by cart.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-30-2016, 09:28 AM
Default Brownwood - great progress.

Brownwood is probably growing about as fast as SS and LSL did when they first started. My wife and I love the stadium seating, sound system, cool stage and huge dance floor. When you include the Barnstorm theater, ice cream shop, great restaurants, etc. it is a very nice night out that most people in the U.S. would love to have.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:57 AM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chipster View Post
Brownwood is probably growing about as fast as SS and LSL did when they first started. My wife and I love the stadium seating, sound system, cool stage and huge dance floor. When you include the Barnstorm theater, ice cream shop, great restaurants, etc. it is a very nice night out that most people in the U.S. would love to have.

Very well said!!
Closed Thread

Tags
brownwood, today, tea, petition, disappointed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.