Brownwood Drug Bust

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2015, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
When my son lived with us he served at Arnold Palmers. He worked with many young servers. One of them told Ryan that there are many Villagers who used drugs of many kinds, and not for physical abnormalities. They sell them in the parking spot behind Barnes and Nobles. If you think about it anywhere there is a multitude of people living, there will be a multitude of attitudes regarding drugs. In the Villages alcohol is the drug of choice. Just because it is a legal drug goes not mean it it to be over used like it often is here.
When I thought about it some more, there can be 20% population under 55, which in high season is over 20,000 people--certainly enough to support a number of drug dealers. Also, there may be younger, unemployed people living at home up north, so they come down for winter with mommy and daddy. If they have a habit, they would need a supplier in TV as well. Then there are the people who work in TV, they might even be in a position to know "safe" places to sell. I guess we're not immune to all the problems in the country, but a least we face them at a reduced rate
Finally, if you know they sell them in a specific parking lot, why doesn't law enforcement know it as well. I would think once the secret is out they would move somewhere else
Old 10-09-2015, 06:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
When I thought about it some more, there can be 20% population under 55, which in high season is over 20,000 people--certainly enough to support a number of drug dealers. Also, there may be younger, unemployed people living at home up north, so they come down for winter with mommy and daddy. If they have a habit, they would need a supplier in TV as well. Then there are the people who work in TV, they might even be in a position to know "safe" places to sell. I guess we're not immune to all the problems in the country, but a least we face them at a reduced rate
Finally, if you know they sell them in a specific parking lot, why doesn't law enforcement know it as well. I would think once the secret is out they would move somewhere else
I remember all the people back in the 60' and 70's who smoked pot, sniffed glue, and shot heroin to name a few drugs. And to everyones surprise, many of those people are alive and maybe not well but living in the Villages. I think it's not just the kids doing the drugs, they learned their behavior somewhere.
Drive around on the MMPs for any period of time and you'll smell skunk and in many cases there are no children around and there arent any skunks nearby either.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
When my son lived with us he served at Arnold Palmers. He worked with many young servers. One of them told Ryan that there are many Villagers who used drugs of many kinds, and not for physical abnormalities. They sell them in the parking spot behind Barnes and Nobles. If you think about it anywhere there is a multitude of people living, there will be a multitude of attitudes regarding drugs. In the Villages alcohol is the drug of choice. Just because it is a legal drug goes not mean it it to be over used like it often is here.
No wonder it's so hard to find a parking spot at Barnes and Nobles
Skip 2
Old 10-09-2015, 07:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
I remember all the people back in the 60' and 70's who smoked pot, sniffed glue, and shot heroin to name a few drugs. And to everyones surprise, many of those people are alive and maybe not well but living in the Villages. I think it's not just the kids doing the drugs, they learned their behavior somewhere.
Drive around on the MMPs for any period of time and you'll smell skunk and in many cases there are no children around and there arent any skunks nearby either.
You might be referring to the society garlic plant which is planted everywhere in TV.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:29 PM
Gold member

Glad to hear that there are meth labs in the villages.
I could use a brush up course in algebra.

��
Old 10-10-2015, 05:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
You might be referring to the society garlic plant which is planted everywhere in TV.
No, I am referring to fellow Villagers smoking pot that smells like skunk spray. It's called skunkweed. I don't smoke pot but I've seen and smelled this stuff while my daughters neighbors smoked it.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
No, I am referring to fellow Villagers smoking pot that smells like skunk spray. It's called skunkweed. I don't smoke pot but I've seen and smelled this stuff while my daughters neighbors smoked it.
My apologies. I am far removed from the whole drug scene, and didn't know there was a skunkweed. We couldn't figure out what the smell was until we asked friends. Wait a minute. Do you think our friends were smoking pot and lied about the smell
Old 10-10-2015, 06:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
My apologies. I am far removed from the whole drug scene, and didn't know there was a skunkweed. We couldn't figure out what the smell was until we asked friends. Wait a minute. Do you think our friends were smoking pot and lied about the smell
Well, at the very least there seems to be a lot of people who know way too much about it. So my question is: With all the different types of pot out there, why would anyone choose one that smells like skunk. Is there a variety that smells like armpit or dog poop? I would think one that smells like flowers or perfume would be better, I'd go for one that smells like a NY strip steak on a grill.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Well, at the very least there seems to be a lot of people who know way too much about it. So my question is: With all the different types of pot out there, why would anyone choose one that smells like skunk. Is there a variety that smells like armpit or dog poop? I would think one that smells like flowers or perfume would be better, I'd go for one that smells like a NY strip steak on a grill.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
LOL, now that is a good possibility. I didn't know about skunkweed until last year. Pot always smelled like pot to me, but now there appears to be many variations and aromas. I can't imagine any amount of "high" could overcome that smell but what do I know. Before I knew of this, I thought "wow" there sure are alot of skunks in the area. Far removed from the drug scene is a very good thing.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Unhappy Meth Houses

The Marion County Sheriff Office mentioned in their community education class that Marion County has the most (Approx'ly 200) meth labs in the state. It would not be a surprise that The Villages is a major marketing center/potential for these sellers.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

For a conservative community there is surprising support for the use of recreational marijuana. There are many posters who smoke weed here. I was REALLY surprised at this poll.

Recreational marijuana

I voted no. But I am kinda fun. Little kids, old men and drunks just love me.

And Sweetie enjoys his Scotch. One after dinner.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
The Marion County Sheriff Office mentioned in their community education class that Marion County has the most (Approx'ly 200) meth labs in the state. It would not be a surprise that The Villages is a major marketing center/potential for these sellers.

I believe you are misinformed on your statistics.

Marion county has a lot of real estate that isn't The Villages.

There has been one meth lab reported in The Villages in an attic of a woman who had taken in two drifters. A sad situation after her husband died and she had lost perception. It was reported by sharp eyed neighbors and shut down at once. The ONLY murder here involved a daughter involved with the drug culture.

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-10-2015 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Don't know where he gets his facts from, but according to the DEA, Bay County in FL has the most in the state with 75
Lake County-------32
Marion County----25
Sumter County-----2

The United States of Methamphetamine: Counties with the most known meth labs in each state (crime, price) - General U.S. - City-Data Forum
Old 10-10-2015, 09:14 AM
Sage

"methamphetamine lab seizures (31 labs in 2013 vs. 51
labs in 2014)."

2014 MCSO Annual Report - Marion County Sheriff

http://marionso.com/wp-content/uploa...ort_FINAL1.pdf
Closed Thread

Tags
brownwood, bar, police, meth, amphetamine, working, selling, read, cover, las, apologize, missed, drug, bust, handcuffs, tapas, restaurant, female, bartender

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.