Buyer Beware - City Furniture

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2014, 09:20 AM
Veteran member

Although I like Babettes be aware the have a 25% restocking fee. Remember if you return furniture they can not resale as new.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:45 AM

We had gone to Southern Lifestyles for a bedroom set, a dining room set and a living room set.......but they were out of those sets and would have taken about eight weeks. We ended up at Showcase Direct for most things, Southern Lifestyles for end tables and coffee tables only and White's Furniture for bedding. Actually, we met a lovely sales lady that lives in The Villages. For all three stores, we were most happy with the prices and especially the delivery. Glad we did this four years ago. I think the best bet now would probably be White's at this point. If we were to sell turn-key and buy another (empty) house, that's probably where we would go.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:12 PM
Default Oh No!

We recently purchase a new home in The Villages and we spent considerable time selecting furniture from City Furniture. We comparison shopped (Babettes, Family, and Whites) and thought it made more sense to buy local so we were going to place an order with City next week. Now we're not sure what to do since it is a full house of furniture and given what it will cost we don't want trouble with quality or service. Yikes! Help....
Old 10-26-2014, 06:56 PM
Platinum member

Wr had a fantastic experience with Carlos from city furniture in spanish springs. Dining room set and matching picture. We could not be happier!
Old 10-26-2014, 07:01 PM

It has been my experience that you HAVE to read the fine print on any contract with any of the furniture companies, City, Bababettes etc. It is buyer beware and know what you want...refunds and returns that a common up North, do not exist for the Villages..at least in my experience
Old 10-26-2014, 07:14 PM

We puchased dining room, nook, and master bedroom furniture from City Furniture. The delivery staff was really efficient and courteous. The pieces were in excellent condition when delivered. A set of brackets was missing from the china hutch. Customer Service wanted the drivers to return the whole thing for redelivery. The drivers headed off a dissatisfied customer by getting a set of brackets from the store in LSL and coming back to install them. We really like the furniture and will buy additional matching pieces for the living room in the near future. Their drivers saved the day.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

As much as I've groused about City Furniture, I have to give them credit when due. Clients purchased an entire houseful of furniture from them. I expected it to take several deliveries to get everything, with missing parts galore (their standard M.O. To date).

Delivery was on time and almost complete. The only issue I noticed was a slight blemish on an end table, which was touched up by the delivery guys right then. A couple of lamps, coffee table and sofa table were out if stock. David, the sales rep and I agreed that it would be best to have lamps be delivered to the showroom so the homeowners could have some lighting when they arrived.

There was a confusion about the tables being in and available for delivery by customer service. David was on top of it, got it all straightened out and the remaining tables will be delivered tomorrow afternoon. All in all, a pretty satisfactory experience this go- round.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.