Colony Publix

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2016, 11:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBoy View Post
Okay, here is the story I heard. Wegmans is a family owned store. So is Publix. They kinda drew a north/south line, Wegmans only so far south, Publix only so far north.
Interestingly enough, the first Wegmans in North Carolina is supposed to be in the same area as a Publix. The truce may have ended!!
Old 02-06-2016, 05:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
Interestingly enough, the first Wegmans in North Carolina is supposed to be in the same area as a Publix. The truce may have ended!!
I didn't know there were Publix in NC. My son lives near Durham and all the grocery stores are Food Lion and Harris Teeter

Addendum----looked up Publix website---11 stores in NC, 10 in Charlotte area, 1 in Cary
Old 02-06-2016, 06:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
Actually Publix has ( 11 ) yes eleven Locations in North Carolina, ( 38 ) in Tennessee. The list goes on and on..

So Mr. D. Wegman speaking to The Publix... CEO William Crenshaw ...You speak with Forked Tongue.. Truce over...
Old 02-06-2016, 08:16 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Great business!
Old 02-06-2016, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Great business!

I thank the check out people at Publix all of the time and grab those young people who look like management to tell them what a good job they do. From the pristine carts, to the kindness and patience shown and plus....I LOVE their commercials. I shared the birthday one with our grown granddaughter on Facebook on her birthday.

They do a good job and I vote for them with my grocery dollars, but I like Winn Dixie here too. I love to go grocery shopping. Do NOT shake your head.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:28 AM
Angry

Ditto to all the above comments!
Old 02-06-2016, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts
Default Well, guess what.....

169 posts and the same conclusion, change your buying habit and go at a different time. Seems so simple, doesn't it?
Colony Publix

Publix is packed!!
Old 02-06-2016, 08:40 AM
Veteran member

This is what I understand about Wegmans not coming to Florida. You have to have a warehouse, supply depot. If you have seen the supply warehouses for WD and Publix you can understand the cost of setting up for business. The further away you are to supply your stores the higher the cost which adds to the retail prices. Once the depot has been built, then comes choosing locations and building retail outlets.
All not chosen lightly.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I thank the check out people at Publix all of the time and grab those young people who look like management to tell them what a good job they do. From the pristine carts, to the kindness and patience shown and plus....I LOVE their commercials. I shared the birthday one with our grown granddaughter on Facebook on her birthday.

They do a good job and I vote for them with my grocery dollars, but I like Winn Dixie here too. I love to go grocery shopping. Do NOT shake your head.
Oh, I agree, Gracie, Publix has the greatest staff and management. Since developing my serious back issues, the staff goes out of their way to help me and my handicapped ex-husband who shops with me. I can't thank them enough for being alert as to when we have a problem lifting or we get tired. They are super great.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-06-2016, 09:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I never have a problem getting on the executive courses after 6:30PM. Also, try Walmart at 1AM. No problem at all. It's your fault that you are doing things during normal times when it's convenient. And don't forget, there are many ideal parking spaces in the town squares after 9PM. Enjoy!
Old 02-06-2016, 09:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
169 posts and the same conclusion, change your buying habit and go at a different time. Seems so simple, doesn't it?
Colony Publix

Publix is packed!!
You'd have thought the lack of parking and shopping carts might have tipped a relatively intelligent person off.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safe Home Watch Mary Edwards View Post
Got to agree the worst day in my 7 years of going to Publix at Colony !!!
Ed drops me off out front in golf cart and picks me up, he won't go in their and try to shop with me.
I couldn't move or go any where got what I had to and stood in the longest line and listened to all the complaints, but didn't complain till I got back in the golf cart and I told Ed how bad it was????
What time of day??
Old 02-06-2016, 09:38 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default And now for a rant ahout Kroger.......

When we return to the land of Kroger, Publix is one of the things I miss about TV.

Kroger is turning into a control-freak company. I do not like their business-model.

Kroger is claiming more and more shelf space for their store brands. -- Not only that, but the label logo on a Kroger store brand has been designed to mimic the real thing. If you are in a hurry, you can easily grab the wrong one. Examples follow............

I know someone whose potato salad was not its same wonderful self because he had grabbed what he thought was Hellman's. He peeled all those potatoes and hard-boiled those eggs and gathered his other ingredients, and in good faith, mixed it all up, only to discover his potato salad just was not right. He was mystified until his wife looked in the refrigerator and there found the smirking jar of Kroger brand mayo in its dark blue and white label, laid out the same way as the long-trusted Hellman's.

And......I caught Mr. Boomer, just in time, when I saw in the cart that he had grabbed something (gasp) in a Charmin disguise. The labels even had the color-coding choices.

I am not harping on store brands in general. I just think Kroger is using gueriilla tactics in marketing their store brand, as they hog more and more shelf space, making it harder to find the tried-and-true.

Yes. I know other stores do this, too, but Kroger is my frame of reference. And now, to heap insult upon injury, Kroger is filling some of their stores half full of furniture and clothes. I do not want to buy a couch at Kroger.

I know this rant is off-topic. And I know Kroger does not care what I think. But I feel better. As I have been typing, I have been working up the courage to go out and about on a bunch of errands, including going to Publix.......but I think I can justify avoiding Colony and go to Spanish Plaines. (Yes. That is how it is spelled.)

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 02-06-2016 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:45 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
When we return to the land of Kroger, Publix is one of the things I miss about TV.

Kroger is turning into a control-freak company. I do not like their business-model.

Kroger is claiming more and more shelf space for their store brands. -- Not only that, but the label logo on a Kroger store brand has been designed to mimic the real thing. If you are in a hurry, you can easily grab the wrong one. Examples follow............

I know someone whose potato salad was not its same wonderful self because he had grabbed what he thought was Hellman's. He peeled all those potatoes and hard-boiled those eggs, and in good faith, mixed it all up, only to discover his potato salad just was not right. He was mystified until his wife looked in the refrigerator and there found the smirking jar of Kroger brand mayo in its dark blue and white label laid out the same way as the long-trusted Hellman's......

And......I caught Mr. Boomer, just in time, when I saw in the cart that he had grabbed something (gasp) in a Charmin disguise. They even had the color-coding choices.

I am not harping on store brands in general. I just think Kroger is using gueriilla tactics in marketing their store brands.

Yes. I know other stores do this, too, but Kroger is my frame of reference. And now, to heap insult upon injury, Kroger is filling some of their stores half full of furniture and clothes. I do not want to buy a couch at Kroger.

I know this rant is off-topic. And I know Kroger does not care what I think. But I feel better. As I have been typing, I have been working up the courage to go out and about on a bunch of errands, including going to Publix.......but I think I can justify avoiding Colony and go to Spanish Plaines. (Yes. That is how it is spelled.)

Boomer
Any store that puts furniture in a store is an instant invitation to nap for me! The living room set up in Sam's, perfect example.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Platinum member

I went to Publix yesterday morning, and I thought it was pretty busy, but I didn't have any trouble finding a parking space, but I always park a few aisles away from the entrance. I got a shopping cart from a guy bringing them in from the parking lot. I shopped all over the store. The only big group was near the deli counter.

I will say that they were doing inventory and that might have caused a few problems.

I really think Publix does a great job handling the shoppers.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Closed Thread

Tags
people, colony, publix, shopping, park, store, villages, baskets, today, premium, south, growth, virtually, drive, plan, empty, hurry, north, problem, adding, residents, renters, fruitland, stay, extra

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.