COMCAST - Hall of Shame

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2014, 09:58 AM
Location: Philadelphia,PA - Mt Laurel, NJ, Village of Fernandina
Default COMCAST - Hall of Shame

No surprise that Comcast has come in number two as the worst company in Customer Service in the country. Don't you wish the execs in their beautiful ivory tower in Philadelphia could read some of these posts. Those arrogant dogs are always the highest paid execs in the Philly area. Why? Because they higher cheap labor who are so incompetent that it makes me ill. The customer who managed to tape a conversation when they wanted to cancel their service only had to endure 20 minutes of aggravation. A top exec, Brian Roberts, is now apologizing and promising better service. Like he didn't know that they are the worst company in the world. He's too busy acquiring other companies to give a hoot about us. I hate Comcast and my stomach turns every month when I have to get them to correct my bill. I am south of 466A and will look into Brighthouse as soon as I return in September. People are correct when they say to hold onto your receipts for any of their equipment that gets returned. I've been trying since May 16, when one of their knuckleheads signed for a returned modem, to get the billing dept to remove it from my bill. I wish there was a way to organize all the people in The Villages and in one fell swoop tell Comcast that we can't endure any longer the stress incurred when dealing with their "Customer Non-service". Did I say I hate Comcast.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

That' unkind to dogs. They are much better than anyone in Comcast! Weasels or rats would be better names for them. Cockroaches, maybe...
Old 07-21-2014, 10:17 AM
Gold member

I couldn't stand them any longer so I went with DirecTV. So far so good with them but I haven't had any problems yet or a need to call them.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

The only time I have EVER seen Sweetie that mad was when he was on the phone to a Comcast person.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The only time I have EVER seen Sweetie that mad was when he was on the phone to a Comcast person.
Me too, except for the time our teenaged son snuck out with the car keys and did donuts in the high school parking lot...
Old 07-21-2014, 04:04 PM

They are beyond incompetent. We are north for the summer and I put my service on vacation status, which they confirmed by email. Lo and behold, I get a bill for full service in June. I then spend hours on the phone with them where they deny I put it on vacation status. I tell them I have the email confirmation. They then tell me that I have to print out a copy and take it to one of their offices. I tell them we are in Ohio and there are no Comcast offices in the area, how about if I just forward the email to them. I get put on hold for fifteen minutes and she comes back on and tells me that they do not have email!!!! She then says they will trust me when I say I have the confirmation. Three days and seven calls for that!
Old 07-21-2014, 06:19 PM

Well once again you all have saved me some stress by steering me away from Comcast. We will be closing on our home July 25th and even though I had received a call from Comcast we have decided to go with Bright Light. Lysander was very helpful and send me an e-mail with all their information and had it sent while we were talking on the phone. Now I just have to decide what package to choose. Thank you all for all the helpful hunts to a newbie.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by uprivergirl View Post
Well once again you all have saved me some stress by steering me away from Comcast. We will be closing on our home July 25th and even though I had received a call from Comcast we have decided to go with Bright Light. Lysander was very helpful and send me an e-mail with all their information and had it sent while we were talking on the phone. Now I just have to decide what package to choose. Thank you all for all the helpful hunts to a newbie.
You will not be disappointed. Good choice. We have had them before on Anna Maria Island and would have them in a heartbeat if they were north of 466A.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:56 PM
Default Comcast customer service...did you say service???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Single Track View Post
No surprise that Comcast has come in number two as the worst company in Customer Service in the country. Don't you wish the execs in their beautiful ivory tower in Philadelphia could read some of these posts. Those arrogant dogs are always the highest paid execs in the Philly area. Why? Because they higher cheap labor who are so incompetent that it makes me ill. The customer who managed to tape a conversation when they wanted to cancel their service only had to endure 20 minutes of aggravation. A top exec, Brian Roberts, is now apologizing and promising better service. Like he didn't know that they are the worst company in the world. He's too busy acquiring other companies to give a hoot about us. I hate Comcast and my stomach turns every month when I have to get them to correct my bill. I am south of 466A and will look into Brighthouse as soon as I return in September. People are correct when they say to hold onto your receipts for any of their equipment that gets returned. I've been trying since May 16, when one of their knuckleheads signed for a returned modem, to get the billing dept to remove it from my bill. I wish there was a way to organize all the people in The Villages and in one fell swoop tell Comcast that we can't endure any longer the stress incurred when dealing with their "Customer Non-service". Did I say I hate Comcast.
But how do you really feel? I couldn't agree with you more. Short story. Had a computer problem with virus that bypassed Norton Security. Called Comcast, got switched to another rep in Comcast who told me to call Microsoft. I mentioned that Microsoft would charge me. He said 'mention Comcast (and I would get a good seat???). Called Microsoft, metioned Comcast, $99 please say Mr. Microsoft. Up yours Mr. Microsoft (not really) took a few hours and solved my own problem. By the way, Comcast wanted me to take their survey. They NEVER called me back. Customer Service.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:15 PM
Sage

We gave up cable TV mostly because of their high rates and ridiculous customer service. Miss some channels but not enough to resubscribe.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

this attitude by any company is what germinates when there is no suitable/comparable competition. And their position is protected by law.

If it was not for the fact that satellite reception is interupted by weather I would switch in a minute. I know all the statistics of down time which on an individual basis are meaningless. When you need the communication capability the most is when it is interupted. During prolonged raining, hurricane, tropical storm outer or inner bands that can go on for days IS a problem (for me) in FL.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:19 PM

Brighthouse ROCKS!!!!
Great customer service, with actual caring human beings answering the phones
And Lysander is a credit to their quality.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:31 PM
Eternal Member

Strange that all of the usual people blast Comcast.

Those of us that are happy with Comcast do not want to waste our time typing notes to defend them.

OOPS, I just did.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
this attitude by any company is what germinates when there is no suitable/comparable competition. And their position is protected by law.

If it was not for the fact that satellite reception is interupted by weather I would switch in a minute. I know all the statistics of down time which on an individual basis are meaningless. When you need the communication capability the most is when it is interupted. During prolonged raining, hurricane, tropical storm outer or inner bands that can go on for days IS a problem (for me) in FL.
Unfortunately, DirecTV doesn't have viable internet service, so we have to have that through comcast. However, that results in few to no service calls.

DirecTV goes out for a few minutes in a really bad storm, but comes back on quickly. In the over-a-decade that we've had it, it's gone out less than Comcast cable that we had at our second home. And their customer service is reliable.

What makes you think that cable wouldn't go out in a hurricane or tornado or horrible storm? Maybe you have been in one and Comcast rode through it. TV would be the last thing I would worry about in a storm. I guess we would rely on our AT&T cellular iPad for communication if Comcast internet went out. As long as there were electricity to keep it charged, and our laptops on Comcast as well.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Strange that all of the usual people blast Comcast.

Those of us that are happy with Comcast do not want to waste our time typing notes to defend them.
Both of you?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.