COMCAST - Hall of Shame

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2014, 07:47 PM
Location: Philadelphia,PA - Mt Laurel, NJ, Village of Fernandina

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Strange that all of the usual people blast Comcast.

Those of us that are happy with Comcast do not want to waste our time typing notes to defend them.

OOPS, I just did.

Z
Not sure what "usual people" are, but there is no way that you ever had a billing problem and in the same breath be able to say that you are happy with them. I have never in a year and a half been able to solve any issue with them in a single phone call and those calls can last for an hour or more. I could never be happy with such indifference and incompetence. And did you forget that they were selected number 2 in the country for worst customer service. Do you think I'm making this up?
Old 07-21-2014, 07:50 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Single Track View Post
Not sure what "usual people" are, but there is no way that you ever had a billing problem and in the same breath be able to say that you are happy with them. I have never in a year and a half been able to solve any issue with them in a single phone call and those calls can last for an hour or more. I could never be happy with such indifference and incompetence. And did you forget that they were selected number 2 in the country for worst customer service. Do you think I'm making this up?
I have had a couple of problems with Comcast but they were solved in an orderly fashion. I am very happy with their service.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:56 PM
Sage

We just switched from DirecTV to Comcast. We were customers for over 15 years with DirecTV and stayed because of the NFL Ticket. Our service was okay but the prices kept increasing.

We have been Comcast Internet customers for about five years and have no complaints. So far, I love the cable for my television. I have no problems and really am glad we switched to Comcast. The two year locked in price for cable and Internet is about half what I was paying for DirecTV and Internet.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Unfortunately, DirecTV doesn't have viable internet service, so we have to have that through comcast. However, that results in few to no service calls.

DirecTV goes out for a few minutes in a really bad storm, but comes back on quickly. In the over-a-decade that we've had it, it's gone out less than Comcast cable that we had at our second home. And their customer service is reliable.

What makes you think that cable wouldn't go out in a hurricane or tornado or horrible storm? Maybe you have been in one and Comcast rode through it. TV would be the last thing I would worry about in a storm. I guess we would rely on our AT&T cellular iPad for communication if Comcast internet went out. As long as there were electricity to keep it charged, and our laptops on Comcast as well.
For your internet service, why not go with a Mi-Fi from AT&T or Verizon?
We have the AT&T one...just love it.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 07-21-2014, 08:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
For your internet service, why not go with a Mi-Fi from AT&T or Verizon?
We have the AT&T one...just love it.
Thanks for the suggestion. We are investigating that. We're trying to figure out what our monthly usage is on Comcast to compare prices. right now we pay $75/mo. for Comcast Cable (no bundle). Seems high. It was $60 when we started in 2012.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:38 AM

Moved to TV in 2007 and had Dish Network installed because of increasing costs of Comcast. Dish was a disaster due to lost signal in T'storms, unfulfilled DVR service promotions and poor customer service. Went back to Comcast within 4 months. Of course, service costs increased each year. Suddenly, the additional HD outlet that had been included in our package was going to be charged at $17.95 per month. Century Link Prism then became available in our village and we dumped Comcast. Since Comcast was the only provider of T.V., phone and internet service we were trapped with them. Now others have all three services and I believe consumers are leaving them in droves. Customer Service reps. wouldn't take the hint from many of us that once other providers could offer all three services Comcast would be dumped. So far (since April) we have had few problems; the most common is a temporary scrambling of the television signal when lightning strikes nearby. They have a good promotion for new customers lasting 2 years. Of course I expect the costs to rise after those 2 years.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:42 AM

The really sad part is they don't care what you, me ,or anyone else thinks about their pathetic company. If everyone in the Villages cancelled their Comcast subscription they would not even blink an eye.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:49 AM
Veteran member

Century Link Prism works best, I understand, if you have fiber optic to the house. What about older homes that just have a thin copper phone wire to the house...dies Prism work OK or will they run fiber optic to your house?
Old 07-23-2014, 11:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I believe Prism is a so-called IPTV offering. A minimum amount of bandwidth to your house is required. For homes that have a copper connection, usually the bandwidth drops off as you move away from the nearest switching station. In my old town, the maximum distance was about 3000 feet. For homes with fiber, distance isn't an issue. The best thing to do is call CenturyLink and ask if they can provide you service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogaman View Post
Century Link Prism works best, I understand, if you have fiber optic to the house. What about older homes that just have a thin copper phone wire to the house...dies Prism work OK or will they run fiber optic to your house?
Old 07-23-2014, 01:15 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Comcast , for me, has always been easy to deal with. From my experience they have listened and they ave responded.

It is true that they are growing leaps and bounds and that has caused them such disruptions. I am not happy that they charge me rent to use their equipment. I am not happy that they dismantled fast forward on their TV On Demand Shows. I am not happy that they first offer to rent you new releases when the reason Premium channels were introduced was for that very purpose.
But i understand the TV portion of their business is a loser and highly competitive

One poster commented that the Executives in Philly could care less and he is correct. However in any corporation those people who work in the Ivory towers are so far away from their consumers and so into their five years plans they will never notice unless subscriptions tumble and profits fall. Its the way it is
Old 07-23-2014, 05:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default And The Answer Is....

DirecTV !!
Old 07-23-2014, 05:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
DirecTV !!
Old 07-23-2014, 10:47 PM
Veteran member
Default Comcast

Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	funny-Comcast-bullet-proof-glass.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	43903  
Old 07-24-2014, 10:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Where are They?

Where are our Government reps when it comes to the disgraceful conduct of Comcast. Where are they in representing us to prevent our being subjected to abuse regarding the terrible behavior of Comcast. Why are they, in some cases able to get protection from the Gov't while abusing the Citizens? Why are we not holding the Representitives accountable for the behavior of Comcast who is reaping the harvest of the anti citizen activities. When we allow the Rep's to get away with this it could be asserted that we deserve what we are getting.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:47 PM
Veteran member

There was a bit of a hullabaloo last week because of a recorded conversation between Comcast and a customer who was trying to cancel their service.

A response from Comcast's COO is here.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.