court yard villa info---opinions

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2011, 01:23 PM
Default court yard villa info---opinions

I'm getting a lot of valuable info from tv. and appreciate.
But last month I'm in contact with a realtor that tv is familiar with
and I asked about cyv for sale, she asked me if I had any pets and I said no. Now her next line stunned me she said if you don't mind the noise and smell. I cannot believe she said this so I'm asking for some honest opinions on her remark
Thank you so very much
Old 12-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo View Post
and I asked about cyv for sale, she asked me if I had any pets and I said no. Now her next line stunned me she said if you don't mind the noise and smell. I cannot believe she said this so I'm asking for some honest opinions on her remark
Thank you so very much
Can you say "upgrade"?
Old 12-31-2011, 01:30 PM

What does upgrade have to do with her remark.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:35 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Thank you so very much
Sounds to me like she is trying to tell you that the house smells like pets have used it as a litter box. Good information to have, I would think. However, if it is a great buy otherwise, you may want to look at it anyway - carpet can be replaced fairly easily. As far as the noise, I don't know what she is trying to say - noisy neighbors, close to pickleball courts, dogs barking???
Old 12-31-2011, 01:38 PM

Thank you all again for answering my question, but their was no particular home she meant in general because I said cyv provide the most privacy which is what I'm interested in then she made the remark.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
What does upgrade have to do with her remark.
I'm sorry... I assumed that If you don't buy a villa, you would then have to go into a more expensive home. A Cottage or Designer home. A lot of people who do not have pets own in Villas and many people who have pets live in Cottage and Designers. We have a very loud talker and we are in a designer. We also chose a lot that doesn't but up against other homes and gives us some privacy.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:50 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Thank you all again for answering my question, but their was no particular home she meant in general because I said cyv provide the most privacy which is what I'm interested in then she made the remark.
I would have asked her what specifically she meant by that remark. Not too late to contact her and say "would you mind clarifying the statement you made about smells and noise with courtyard villas? I have stayed in one cyv and been in a few at open houses and I have NO idea what she is talking about. I would be interested to know her response.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:59 PM

Thank you back I will .
Old 12-31-2011, 02:04 PM
Default no smell, lol

I live in Boxwood Villas, and a number of people own dogs, but some don't. I have never visited anyones' home and thought it smelled of dog!! I think she's trying to get you to buy a more expensive Designer home.

I like the Villas because of the privacy, but you can get that in Designer homes if you look for it. Go with your instincts...what you want without her trying to influence you to pay more.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!
Old 12-31-2011, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Cost of the villas

The new Hacienda section of CYV are not inexpensive they start in the mid 200 and the high end are about 350. I am looking at them and in the end if we buy there they will be more than many designers. There are no options so countertops have to be removed in the kitchens and bathroom for granite and the carpeting has to be pulled for tile. It's the privacy and convenience for our dogs that are influencing us to change from a designer Bridgeport.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Veteran member

That’s a very odd thing for her to say. I have no idea what she’s talking about either. We live in a CYV and there are no “smells or noise”. Is she a villages realtor or an outside realtor? As suggested, I’d ask for a clarification on her comment. Unless she's got a good explanation for the comment, I'd find a new realtor. It’s not ethical for her to give you false and misleading information about a whole series of homes.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Thumbs down

]

my only concern with cyv is the "O"clearance property line on the side wihout windows.If that neighbor has dog or cats they might lift a leg and go right on your building?? That may stink!! Just saying

Last edited by old moe; 12-31-2011 at 03:30 PM. Reason: take out quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:15 PM
Gold member

We live in a CYV area of about 80 homes and we only know of about 20 people in our village that have pets. No problems with smell or noise.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:24 PM

Ask your realtor to clarify her comment. As for the CYV, my hubby and I have one in LSL area and LOVE it. It offers us the privacy we like, but the people in the villas neighborhood are so friendly ! Go and look at different house styles. When you find the kind that fits your lifestyle, you will know it.

Good luck !
Old 12-31-2011, 10:07 PM
Sage

A Villages agent would have been fired instantly for making a blanket statement like that.....because it is not true, and it denigrates entire neighborhoods.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.