Destroyed mail at Lynnhaven Postal Center.

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2015, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Angry Destroyed mail at Lynnhaven Postal Center.

What do we do about this?

My father's issue of Consumer Reports had about a four inch tear from the top down making it very difficult to read.

I have picked up enemies in other communities because of my 224 613 Project like a blacklist from volunteering and bogus (strategic lawsuit against public participation SLAPP) threat from the Palm Harbor Library General Counsel in a certified letter dated 3-2-2004 on behalf of the then or just stepping down Chairman of the Palm Harbor Chamber of Commerce and Library Director Gene Coppola. Also a fine on a DVD that I had already returned from a branch of the Clearwater Public Library with a statement from the Clerk that "You should not mess with authority". I had been fighting hard with many library managers with getting a link and keeping it to the Florida Victim Services Directory back from 2000 through 2007 or so. Victim Services Directory

This Consumer Reports ripping just might be an unfortunate co-incidence but I am still a bit angry because of it.

There was no note from the Lynnhaven Postal Center people either on it. I do not think they are responsible for this vandalism on the magazine issue as this has very happened very rarely and when it did there was a different group of people who had the mail contract.

I am just making a note of it as I do with all these kind of incidents. It is probably nothing than some grumpy postal worker somewhere on the journey of Consumer Reports who went postal on some mail.

I am not going to make any official report about it as the local law enforcement people and the Postal Inspectors etc., have more important things to do and I doubt if they could do anything anyway about a damaged issue of Consumer Reports.

Anyone else have a problem like this at their mail center? TOTV gives us a chance to vent every so often.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-31-2015 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Tal, maybe it happened en route, at a substation or at the post office before it got to the Lynhaven postal center? I have had magazines arrive torn (rare, but it happens). Also, I have had on occasion, some form of explanation attached to a torn magazine, and the magazine encased in a clear plastic bag provided by the substation. (But that was in Michigan.)
Old 07-31-2015, 07:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Tal, maybe it happened en route, at a substation or at the post office before it got to the Lynhaven postal center? I have had magazines arrive torn (rare, but it happens). Also, I have had on occasion, some form of explanation attached to a torn magazine, and the magazine encased in a clear plastic bag provided by the substation. (But that was in Michigan.)
Thanks. I am not going to make a Federal case out of it. It has happened before at Lynnhaven and they left a note on it but that was about 4 years ago and that was a different group of contractors. The mail contractors seem to change every few years.

I do have to watch out for being a little too paranoid about stuff. You should have heard the comments I was getting in 1991 around the University of Minnesota when I was writing all the US Senators and half the US Representatives and all the State Governors as well as all the US Supreme Court members where I was basically told my law librarianship career was over because I did not like how some staff and professors at the University of Minnesota Law School treated me when I tried to be honest about the genesis of my interest in victims access to practical information based on the 2-24-1976 murder of my then remedial English teacher's daughter Michelle Mitchell in Reno, Nevada. They insisted this was my personal problem and not the professional concerns of law librarians/law professors. etc. This was about what was at the University of Minnesota Law Library and School for victims/survivors and their activists/advocates. I was trying to make a Federal Case of that. I guess I did make my former employers look pretty bad in the eyes of some and was punished accordingly with a blacklist from employment in a law library.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I know how you feel. My Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue always arrives dog-eared. [emoji6]
Old 07-31-2015, 07:54 AM
Sage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
I know how you feel. My Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue always arrives dog-eared. [emoji6]
That's funny! Actually a Sports Illustrated issue came yesterday too for my father and it was in perfect condition.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:07 AM
Platinum member

Considering the billioms of pieces handled by people and machines every year they do a pretty good job. Taking the time to put your magazine in a bag so it can continue to you is a great example.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
Considering the billioms of pieces handled by people and machines every year they do a pretty good job. Taking the time to put your magazine in a bag so it can continue to you is a great example.
The Consumer Reports was already in a plastic bag as they had a Final Issue provided by them with an envelop for renewing the subscription.

I am just noting this incident in case there is more to it but my gut tells me that this is nothing to worry about at all. My father just tried to read the issue and then gave up in frustration and it went out this morning in the recycling. He did seem a little upset. They have given me a roof over my head along with at least a chance to voice my opinions via various media. We did have some very serious worries about selling the Palm Harbor house following the 3-02-2004 lawsuit threat from the Palm Harbor Library General Counsel as that library has about 100 volunteers more or less as well as Gene Coppola around that time was the Palm Harbor Chairman of the Chamber of Commerce. We did get the house sold and were very happy to move to the Villages out of what was kind of Coppolaville back in 2005. My fight with Coppola was that he was lying about the Palm Harbor Library having a link to the Florida Victim Services Directory. Victim Services Directory I had managed to get one linked up for a few years but then they removed it for just one to Lemon Laws. I guess they did not want to advertise that Palm Harbor had other problems like domestic violence, burglaries, robberies and the like. Coppola insisted this was a link to the Florida Victim Services Directory. So, the 3-02-2004 lawsuit threat was his attempt to settle the matter with his often bullying management style. There are thugs running libraries. Some very nice people too but libraries have their nasty people as does any profession.

I had volunteered in the two public libraries in Palm Harbor for 10-14 hours per week in 2000 through 2003. These are East Lake Community Library and Palm Harbor Library both under the final say of Gene Coppola at that time. I had wanted to get a foot in the door to work in a public library in Florida using my MA in Librarianship and Information Management from the University of Denver Graduate School of Librarianship and Information Management (Class of 1984) but never got anywhere with finding any kind of employment. I am usually a very easy going and friendly person but had problems with Gene Coppola from the first time I met him in 2000. These were of his making.

I did get an invitation along with my mother who had volunteered much longer at the Palm Harbor Library than I did for a celebration for the retiring Head of Volunteers at Palm Harbor Library Jeanette Malouf. This is coming up soon in 2015 but my father nor I wanted us to go. Gene Coppola is still the Director at Pam Harbor Library and is now the President of the Florida Library Association. He is a savvy politician knowing whom to kick and who coddle. I give him that. Other than suing and blacklisting volunteers and some other actions....

As far as the librarians here in the Villages I have never had any reason to complain about any of them. I no longer feel any desire to volunteer in a library after my experiences with Gene Coppola in Palm Harbor in 2000 through 2005 or so but the librarians at Lake and Sumter County libraries have always been friendly and professional with me and my parents. I also have not been pushing my 224 613 Project all that hard at least not locally. I also really admire what the Morse family has done with the Villages' development.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-31-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
What do we do about this?

My father's issue of Consumer Reports had about a four issue tear from the top down making it very difficult to read.

I have picked up enemies in other communities because of my 224 613 Project like a blacklist from volunteering and bogus (strategic lawsuit against public participation SLAPP) threat from the Palm Harbor Library General Counsel in a certified letter dated 3-2-2004 on behalf of the then or just stepping down Chairman of the Palm Harbor Chamber of Commerce and Library Director Gene Coppola. Also a fine on a DVD that I had already returned from a branch of the Clearwater Public Library with a statement from the Clerk that "You should not mess with authority". I had been fighting hard with many library managers with getting a link and keeping it to the Florida Victim Services Directory back from 2000 through 2007 or so. Victim Services Directory

This Consumer Reports ripping just might be an unfortunate co-incidence but I am still a bit angry because of it.

There was no note from the Lynnhaven Postal Center people either on it. I do not think they are responsible for this vandalism on the magazine issue as this has very happened very rarely and when it did there was a different group of people who had the mail contract.

I am just making a note of it as I do with all these kind of incidents. It is probably nothing than some grumpy postal worker somewhere on the journey of Consumer Reports who went postal on some mail.

I am not going to make any official report about it as the local law enforcement people and the Postal Inspectors etc., have more important things to do and I doubt if they could do anything anyway about a damaged issue of Consumer Reports.

Anyone else have a problem like this at their mail center? TOTV gives us a chance to vent every so often.
Quote:
Thanks. I am not going to make a Federal case out of it. It has happened before at Lynnhaven and they left a note on it but that was about 4 years ago and that was a different group of contractors. The mail contractors seem to change every few years.

I do have to watch out for being a little too paranoid about stuff. You should have heard the comments I was getting in 1991 around the University of Minnesota when I was writing all the US Senators and half the US Representatives and all the State Governors as well as all the US Supreme Court members where I was basically told my law librarianship career was over because I did not like how some staff and professors at the University of Minnesota Law School treated me when I tried to be honest about the genesis of my interest in victims access to practical information based on the 2-24-1976 murder of my then remedial English teacher's daughter Michelle Mitchell in Reno, Nevada. They insisted this was my personal problem and not the professional concerns of law librarians/law professors. etc. This was about what was at the University of Minnesota Law Library and School for victims/survivors and their activists/advocates. I was trying to make a Federal Case of that. I guess I did make my former employers look pretty bad in the eyes of some and was punished accordingly with a blacklist from employment in a law library.
Quote:
The Consumer Reports was already in a plastic bag as they had a Final Issue provided by them with an envelop for renewing the subscription.

I am just noting this incident in case there is more to it but my gut tells me that this is nothing to worry about at all. My father just tried to read the issue and then gave up in frustration and it went out this morning in the recycling. He did seem a little upset. They have given me a roof over my head along with at least a chance to voice my opinions via various media. We did have some very serious worries about selling the Palm Harbor house following the 3-02-2004 lawsuit threat from the Palm Harbor Library General Counsel as that library has about 100 volunteers more or less as well as Gene Coppola around that time was the Palm Harbor Chairman of the Chamber of Commerce. We did get the house sold and were very happy to move to the Villages out of what what kind of Coppolaville back in 2005. My fight with Coppola was that he was lying about the Palm Harbor Library having a link to the Florida Victim Services Directory. Victim Services Directory I had managed to get one linked up for a few years but then they removed it for just one to Lemon Laws. I guess they did not want to advertise that Palm Harbor had other problems like domestic violence, burglaries, robberies and the like. Coppola insisted this was a link to the Florida Victim Services Directory. So, the 3-02-2004 lawsuit threat was his attempt to settle the matter with his often bullying management style. There are thugs running libraries. Some very nice people too but libraries have their nasty people as does any profession.

I had volunteered in the two public libraries in Palm Harbor for 10-14 hours per week in 2000 through 2003. These are East Lake Community Library and Palm Harbor Library both under the final say of Gene Coppola at that time. I had wanted to get a foot in the door to work in a public library in Florida using my MA in Librarianship and Information Management from the University of Denver Graduate School of Librarianship and Information Management (Class of 1984) but never got anywhere with finding any kind of employment. I am usually a very easy going and friendly person but had problems with Gene Coppola from the first time I met him in 2000. These were of his making.

I did get an invitation along with my mother who had volunteered much longer at the Palm Harbor Library than I did for a celebration for the retiring Head of Volunteers at Palm Harbor Library Jeanette Malouf. This is coming up soon in 2015 but my father nor I wanted us to go. Gene Coppola is still the Director at Pam Harbor Library and is now the President of the Florida Library Association. He is a savvy politician knowing whom to kick and who coddle. I give him that. Other than suing and blacklisting volunteers and some other actions....

As far as the librarians here in the Villages I have never had any reason to complain about any of them. I no longer feel any desire to volunteer in a library after my experiences with Gene Coppola in Palm Harbor in 2000 through 2005 or so but the librarians at Lake and Sumter County libraries have always been friendly and professional with me and my parents. I also have not been pushing my 224 613 Project all that hard at least not locally. I also really admire what the Morse family has done with the Villages' development.
Wow.....
Old 07-31-2015, 01:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Wow.....
For your reply - Wow.....
Old 07-31-2015, 04:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Wow.....
I have had a lot of cybersmearers with respect to this 224 613 Project too. Probably why I put most of it with many supporting documents on Facebook as I can just boot anyone being rotten off my Facebook page.

Most of the cyberstalkers/cybersmearers were on Findlaw's various message boards from 2001 or so through 2007. They often would take Coppola's side but then again the worst of these was a white collar criminal with a 6th grade education who had the arrogance to believe that he could be his own lawyer. He and Gene Coppola seemed like birds of a feather.

My first meeting with Coppola was in 2000 after I had been volunteering for about one month or so and he had been working as the new Library Director for 10 days or so. The former one was run out on a rail by the volunteers and some staff for treating people like garbage. The first thing that Coppola says to me after being informed about my Librarianship training and experience (MA and JD and about ten years' worth of library related experience or at least customer service experience) was to tell me that he "did not like liars and whiners". After I talked to him about the depression that caused a nervous breakdown in 2000 on my part as I thought he should know that, he then told me that with respect to my 224 613 Project he wanted 50% of whatever money he could get out of it for the Palm Harbor Library. I never asked for his help with my 224 613 Project except for that link to the Florida Victim Services Directory. I said no about his getting his beak into my 224 613 Project.

There are a lot of people involved in my 224 613 Project who are doing it because it is the right thing to do and not so that they can make money off of it. How hard is it to get a link to something like the Florida Victim Services Directory or ask victim advocates what they would like to have in your law, public or academic library? All he had was a famous name. You do not start a conversation with someone you just met with how you do not like "liars and whiners". In fact, I would count Gene Coppola as being one of the most dishonest librarians I have ever met IMHO.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-31-2015 at 06:12 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
library, postal, mail, reports, consumer, issue, palm, people, harbor, note, center, making, lynnhaven, angry, bit, back, directory, services, florida, victim, unfortunate, co-incidence, ripping, rarely, incidents

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.