District 10

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2016, 04:54 PM
Default District 10

What do people think of District 10. What are the positives and negatives? Just wondering if anyone had opinions.
Old 11-24-2016, 05:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS33 View Post
What do people think of District 10. What are the positives and negatives? Just wondering if anyone had opinions.
Better question: How many people (including those that live there) know where District 10 is?

VCDD District Map
Old 11-24-2016, 05:36 PM

okay, add that to my questions...
Old 11-24-2016, 06:01 PM

South of 466A
Old 11-24-2016, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymac View Post
South of 466A
lol. Okay, cross that one off the list.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

It will be a long time before you have your own representatives.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Have been here over 2 years.....have no issues at this point although when we get our own representation is could change.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-25-2016, 10:56 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
It will be a long time before you have your own representatives.
I believe that we have four elected representatives on the board and only one landowner representative who's term will expire in 2018.

VCDD Board of Supervisors
Old 11-25-2016, 01:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I believe that we have four elected representatives on the board and only one landowner representative who's term will expire in 2018.

VCDD Board of Supervisors
I think you are correct. Shows how long I've been here. It seems like district 10 was recently formed. I just looked it up - established 2004.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymac View Post
South of 466A

Districts 9 & 11 are also south of 466A. And soon to be District 12 is WAY south of 466A
Old 11-25-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I think you are correct. Shows how long I've been here. It seems like district 10 was recently formed. I just looked it up - established 2004.
I think we just elected a landowner representative in the recent election, Bill Lorenz.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:26 PM

Life's definitely better than in District 9!!!!!

District 9 - Trailer - YouTube
Old 11-28-2016, 04:01 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

District 10 has had elected representatives since 2014 - Myself (Don Wiley) and Tim Sennett, two additional representatives were elected, Pat McDonald and Bill Lorenz, this year and were sworn in at the November District 10 meeting. The final land owner elected representative, J. R. Rebecky, is also a resident of District 10 in the Dunedin.

District 10 is currently the largest of the 12 numbered districts and will likely have the largest population upon final buildout of the planned residents of the current 12 residential districts.
The District was built from the west to the east end and as a result the western villages are a little more established than the eastern villages. Not that one end of the district is any better than the other, only that there is no longer any primary construction in the western end and all the amenities are now complete while at the eastern end of the district home construction is ongoing and some of the amenities and commercial areas are still being built.

The western end is close to the Brownwood area and the Pinellas and Grand Traveras shopping areas. For the eastern end the shopping availability is mainly the Colony area (very busy) and the new shopping area still being built at the south end at SR44. For the eastern end Brownwood is about a 15-25 min golf cart drive depending on the area where you may live. Not a long trip but definitely not the 5 min jaunt that it is from Hillsborough or Collier.

In my opinion, what Osceola Hills, Soaring Eagle, and LaBelle lack in convenience to Brownwood they make up for in the picturesque landscape that surrounds these villages.

District 10 (and 9) is very spread out being 4.5+ miles east to west gives it easy access to not only the 5 rec centers in it but also the rec centers (3) in District 9.

Where the districts differ significantly in the southern end from the northern end of the villages is the major roads are wider and there is more green space both near the major roads, on the golf courses, as well as in general, or at least so it looks and feels.

In my opinion the most unjustified complaints I've heard are those comparing Brownwood to LSL and SS as well as the lack of shopping. The south end is still very young, 3-4 years old, as compared to LSL (10-12 years) and SS (20+ years). Give it time to grow and mature like the northern portions. If the "Developer" holds true to form there is a lot of growth yet to go down here that we know nothing about yet. (and No I don't have any inside knowledge of what is to come, one must assume that the "Developer" will continue to develop properties in order to stay in business and they have a formula that appears to be working well so why change)

District 10 is also very close to the Turnpike and I-75 making access to Orlando, Tampa, and beyond a bit easier. Not a major issues, but if you're a Disney fan or like me, still working, those extra 15-20 min of driving each way everyday start to add up quickly.

I will freely admit that when we first looked at buying in The Villages four years ago we looked at the area that now makes up Districts 9 & 10 and thought it was way out in the middle of nowhere and said no way not for us. Reality check, LSL & SS are not the center of the universe we thought they were during our lifestyle preview and as the last two and a half years have passed we've found ourselves looking north less and less for our fun and excitement and more to what is immediately around us.

I couldn't say if District 10 is any better than any other area of The Villages, it is definitely no worse than any other area. All the areas of The Villages have a lot to offer and their own appeal. For me, I'm a frog, here till I croak!

Last edited by Goldwingnut; 11-28-2016 at 06:10 PM. Reason: correted east and west
Old 11-28-2016, 05:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

What a well presented answer to the OP's original question. Good job!
Old 11-28-2016, 05:56 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Good information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
District 10 has had elected representatives since 2014 - Myself (Don Wiley) and Tim Sennett, two additional representatives were elected, Pat McDonald and Bill Lorenz, this year and were sworn in at the November District 10 meeting. The final land owner elected representative, J. R. Rebecky, is also a resident of District 10 in the Dunedin.

District 10 is currently the largest of the 12 numbered districts and will likely have the largest population upon final buildout of the planned residents of the current 12 residential districts.
The District was built from the west to the east end and as a result the eastern villages are a little more established than the western villages. Not that one end of the district is any better than the other, only that there is no longer any primary construction in the eastern end and all the amenities are now complete while at the western end of the district home construction is ongoing and some of the amenities and commercial areas are still being built.

The eastern end is close to the Brownwood area and the Pinellas and Grand Traveras shopping areas. For the western end the shopping availability is mainly the Colony area (very busy) and the new shopping area still being built at the south end at SR44. For the western end Brownwood is about a 15-25 min golf cart drive depending on the area where you may live. Not a long trip but definitely not the 5 min jaunt that it is from Hillsborough or Collier.

In my opinion, what Osceola Hills, Soaring Eagle, and LaBelle lack in convenience to Brownwood they make up for in the picturesque landscape that surrounds these villages.

District 10 (and 9) is very spread out being 4.5+ miles east to west gives it easy access to not only the 5 rec centers in it but also the rec centers (3) in District 9.

Where the districts differ significantly in the southern end from the northern end of the villages is the major roads are wider and there is more green space both near the major roads, on the golf courses, as well as in general, or at least so it looks and feels.

In my opinion the most unjustified complaints I've heard are those comparing Brownwood to SL and SS as well as the lack of shopping. The south end is still very young, 3-4 years old, as compared to LSL (10-12 years) and SS (20+ years). Give it time to grow and mature like the northern portions. If the "Developer" holds true to form there is a lot of growth yet to go down here that we know nothing about yet. (and No I don't have any inside knowledge of what is to come, one must assume that the "Developer" will continue to develop properties in order to stay in business and they have a formula that appears to be working well so why change)

District 10 is also very close to the Turnpike and I-75 making access to Orlando, Tampa, and beyond a bit easier. Not a major issues, but if you're a Disney fan or like me, still working, those extra 15-20 min of driving each way everyday start to add up quickly.

I will freely admit that when we first looked at buying in The Villages four years ago we looked at the area that now makes up Districts 9 & 10 and thought it was way out in the middle of nowhere and said no way not for us. Reality check, LSL & SS are not the center of the universe we thought they were during our lifestyle preview and as the last two and a half years have passed we've found ourselves looking north less and less for our fun and excitement and more to what is immediately around us.

I couldn't say if District 10 is any better than any other area of The Villages, it is definitely no worse than any other area. All the areas of The Villages have a lot to offer and their own appeal. For me, I'm a frog, here till I croak!
Good information. We currently live in LaBelle North and it's a very friendly neighborhood. Goldwingnut, you got your directions mixed. Brownwood is on the western edge and LaBelle is on the eastern edge of District 10.

We like our location very much. Close to Colony, lots of golf opportunity close by, 15-20 minutes via golf cart to Brownwood and easy access to State Rt. 44 and soon an exit off Morse to the Florida Turnpike. It's all good.

Tags
district, wondering, opinions, negatives, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.