Do the Villages new-construction patio villas come with an electric dryer outlet?

Old 04-16-2024, 08:51 PM
Default Do the Villages new-construction patio villas come with an electric dryer outlet?

Do the newly constructed patio villas in The Villages come equipped with a proper fitting ‘electrical’ outlet for a laundry dryer. If not, I guess I’ll need to hire an electrician to convert or add a dryer outlet?

We just bought in Moultrie Creek and the outlet definitely doesn’t look big enough for a dryer. I’m no expert. We ordered a new electric dryer to be delivered very soon, but maybe we should change the order to a ‘gas’ dryer so that it will fit. I’d like to avoid extra cost of having an electrician install the correct dryer outlet if it needs one.

I’ll ask my builder tomorrow about the dryer outlet to make sure, but wondering if other new buyers have had the same question.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-16-2024, 11:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgeez1 View Post
Do the newly constructed patio villas in The Villages come equipped with a proper fitting ‘electrical’ outlet for a laundry dryer. If not, I guess I’ll need to hire an electrician to convert or add a dryer outlet?

We just bought in Moultrie Creek and the outlet definitely doesn’t look big enough for a dryer. I’m no expert. We ordered a new electric dryer to be delivered very soon, but maybe we should change the order to a ‘gas’ dryer so that it will fit. I’d like to avoid extra cost of having an electrician install the correct dryer outlet if it needs one.

I’ll ask my builder tomorrow about the dryer outlet to make sure, but wondering if other new buyers have had the same question.

Thanks in advance!
A gas dryer is far superior to an electric. Cheaper to run and faster to dry. You should change your order to a gas dryer. We live in a home that was built just 2 years ago and were happy to discover that there was a gas connection in our laundry room. I believe they're all using gas south of the turnpike now.

An electrician is going to likely charge you more than what the dryer costs just to run a new 220v circuit for that.
Old 04-17-2024, 04:12 AM

We brought a matching Kenmore set with an electric dryer that we really like so we opted to have a 220v line installed by an electrician. It cost about $500, so be prepared for sticker shock. They have a base price but it can go up depending on how much wire they need. The wire is pretty expensive now days. We have purchased three houses south of 44 and none of them were wired for electric.
Old 04-17-2024, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ SLIM View Post
We brought a matching Kenmore set with an electric dryer that we really like so we opted to have a 220v line installed by an electrician. It cost about $500, so be prepared for sticker shock. They have a base price but it can go up depending on how much wire they need. The wire is pretty expensive now days. We have purchased three houses south of 44 and none of them were wired for electric.
Our home in Fenney was set up for a gas dryer, but was also wired for a 220. Just needed to have the plug installed.
Old 04-17-2024, 06:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,791 Times in 1,251 Posts

+1 to stay with gas.

FYI - SECO is installing remote read "smart meters" so will probably at some point start charging a premium for high power appliances during high demand days.
Old 04-17-2024, 08:59 AM

The outlet that you see is most likely a 120v outlet and looks exactly like the outlet at the washer location. A gas dryer does need electricity to run the controls and motor to spin the drum.

Never had a gas dryer until we moved here. It does do a better/faster job than electric.
Old 04-17-2024, 09:33 AM

Thanks to everyone who responded with such helpful advice.
You were correct. Confirmed to us this morning…NO electrical outlet for dryer in these homes.
We’re switching order from electric dryer to gas dryer. Glad it got discovered before deliver of laundry appliances!

Really appreciate all the comments in this thread!
Old 04-17-2024, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo21 View Post
The outlet that you see is most likely a 120v outlet and looks exactly like the outlet at the washer location. A gas dryer does need electricity to run the controls and motor to spin the drum.

Never had a gas dryer until we moved here. It does do a better/faster job than electric.
Thanks.
Old 04-17-2024, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
A gas dryer is far superior to an electric. Cheaper to run and faster to dry. You should change your order to a gas dryer. We live in a home that was built just 2 years ago and were happy to discover that there was a gas connection in our laundry room. I believe they're all using gas south of the turnpike now.

An electrician is going to likely charge you more than what the dryer costs just to run a new 220v circuit for that.
Thanks!
Old 04-17-2024, 09:43 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Good morning! Casandra with Pike's Electric here. To my knowledge, Moultrie Creek homes are coming with gas set up for dryer and range. If you are interested in changing over to electric appliances, we are happy to help you with an estimate for lines for these items
352-748-6251

(352)748-6251
Old 04-17-2024, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo21 View Post

Thank you!
Old 04-17-2024, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
Our home in Fenney was set up for a gas dryer, but was also wired for a 220. Just needed to have the plug installed.
Thanks!
Old 04-17-2024, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgeez1 View Post

Thanks in advance!
I agree change your order. Our home came with a basic gas dryer. I used it for a week while waiting for our moving company delivery with my fancy lg electric dryer. I sold the lg right away...fell in love with the gas dryer! It's fast cheaper to run and items come out less wrinkled.
Old 04-17-2024, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,751 Times in 5,257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post

A gas dryer may be slightly cheaper to operate, but I would take issue with a claim that they are far superior and faster to dry. I have an electric dryer and I don't want my clothes to dry fast, so I always use a low heat setting and remove the clothes while they are still damp. I think a lot of people do the same, so how would a gas dryer be faster to dry?
Old 04-17-2024, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,791 Times in 1,251 Posts

Check to make sure the connection to the dryer vent is secure. I'm aware of a couple that popped off after a couple uses.

Tags
dryer, outlet, i’ll, electric, equipped

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.