Duke Energy Golf Cart Path

Closed Thread
Old 08-24-2016, 04:14 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts
Default Duke Energy Golf Cart Path

It was pretty easy to find out the facts.

The no trespassing signs mean no trespassing on the property, period. NOT.......stay off the grass and stay on the path.

Anyone can call customer service and find out the facts. There was an internal Duke Energy email for the customer service personnel in case people started calling into customer service.

My call was answered within one minute, the lady knew what I was talking about and clarified the postings on the property.

Per the internal email, there have been discussions to transfer the ownership a portion of the property (more or less the path) in order to transfer the liability........but the receiving parties have not been willing.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:37 PM
Sage

You should have offered to be the receiving party.

There goes fight club rules.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

The no trespassing signs mean no trespassing on the property, period. NOT.......stay off the grass and stay on the path.

Anyone can call customer service and find out the facts. There was an internal Duke Energy email for the customer service personnel in case people started calling into customer service.

My call was answered within one minute, the lady knew what I was talking about and clarified the postings on the property.

Per the internal email, there have been discussions to transfer the ownership a portion of the property (more or less the path) in order to transfer the liability........but the receiving parties have not been willing.

That's pretty generous of Duke. Good PR!
Old 08-24-2016, 07:17 PM
Veteran member

What is the point here?
Old 08-24-2016, 07:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

With all due respect, and I do respect you dewilson58. If I owned property that was being used as a cut through for years and decided to not allow this practice anymore I would post signs, put a article in the newspaper and most of all take down the 12 MPH speed limit signs next to the no trespassing signs. Before your conversation with Duke it would be perfectly obvious that the signs were placed to make you think to not go over the fence into the retention pond (fenced in) or the electrical grid behind the bushes (fenced in). There was a invasion of Golf Carts when I took a spin over there to check this out. They could block this off in about an hour with several barriers. I will respect their wishes. Thanks for the investigation.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
With all due respect, and I do respect you dewilson58. If I owned property that was being used as a cut through for years and decided to not allow this practice anymore I would post signs, put a article in the newspaper and most of all take down the 12 MPH speed limit signs next to the no trespassing signs. Before your conversation with Duke it would be perfectly obvious that the signs were placed to make you think to not go over the fence into the retention pond (fenced in) or the electrical grid behind the bushes (fenced in). There was a invasion of Golf Carts when I took a spin over there to check this out. They could block this off in about an hour with several barriers. I will respect their wishes. Thanks for the investigation.
Maybe they mean negative 12 miles per hour.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
What is the point here?
The point is? Clarification. Thank you "duke" for letting golf carts pass through property. Now one DA will probably screw it up for the rest of us. Not me will probably never go that way in golf cart.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post

The Duke Lady did say, they might be having some "town meetings" to meet with people to discuss and explain. Time will tell.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:52 PM
Sage

Thanks to dewilson for contacting Duke for clarification.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I will put them on cross examination tomorrow as I have to call Duke on another issue. Feel like Clark Kent, your mild mannered reporter.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:45 AM
Gold member

The Villages Florida
Old 08-25-2016, 05:35 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Interesting the various interpretations for a NO TRESPASSING SIGN. I thought the American thinking was no meant no . How naive of me

and the beat goes on....................................
Old 08-25-2016, 06:11 AM
Sage

I did suggest to the Duke Lady............maybe you should have put at least one sign in the middle of the cart path, with red flashing lights, with a couple American Flags.

She did
Old 08-25-2016, 07:01 AM

OK, so what is the penalty for using the path????
Old 08-25-2016, 07:59 AM
Veteran member

So Duke went the cheap route of putting up a sign or two ...hummm?
Closed Thread

Tags
service, property, customer, path, duke

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.