Eggs thrown at carts crossing Sumter bridge

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2016, 09:12 AM
Dancing Thyme
Default Eggs thrown at carts crossing Sumter bridge

Last night, my friend was driving her cart across the Sumter bridge when suddenly she heard a popping sound and realized that someone had thrown an egg right on her windshield and they had also hit the cart in front of her. Of course, this is very disturbing because think of what type of accidents could have occurred if she lost control of her cart. This was around 10:30 pm last night. She has lived in the Villages for over 10 years and nothing like this has ever happened to her before.

Has anyone heard anything about this happening?

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 09-25-2016, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Last night, my friend was driving her cart across the Sumter bridge when suddenly she heard a popping sound and realized that someone had thrown an egg right on her windshield and they had also hit the cart in front of her. Of course, this is very disturbing because think of what type of accidents could have occurred if she lost control of her cart. This was around 10:30 pm last night. She has lived in the Villages for over 10 years and nothing like this has ever happened to her before.

Henry, Helene and I noted yesterday afternoon several fence pieces that looked as if they had been deliberately "hammered out" further North on that trail around Hospice. There were four or five broken. We wondered if a group of kids might be looking for trouble. Last year about this time The Villages big sign on 466 was vandalized by hammering out several letters..
Old 09-25-2016, 10:10 AM
Dancing Thyme

Since I don't drive a golf cart, I don't know the layout of that area, but the way they hit her with dead aim, I thought they couldn't have been in a moving vehicle and must have been laying in wait because they hit the other cart in front of her with dead aim also. Thank God, she had her windshield closed because it could have hit her in her face and caused a lot more problems. We are grateful this is all that happened and she is okay.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 09-25-2016, 10:26 AM
Veteran member

The Orlando theme parks are in halloween mode...

I guess its not enogh for some!

I've been here 10 years and it's pretty common
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 09-25-2016, 10:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Since I don't drive a golf cart, I don't know the layout of that area, but the way they hit her with dead aim, I thought they couldn't have been in a moving vehicle and must have been laying in wait because they hit the other cart in front of her with dead aim also. Thank God, she had her windshield closed because it could have hit her in her face and caused a lot more problems. We are grateful this is all that happened and she is okay.
Sadly it would be pretty easy from a car. If you are traveling North in the golf cart a car coming south is only 10 feet (or less) from you. Toss it out the window and let physics take it into the cart at 35 MPH.

Pretty scary...
Old 09-25-2016, 10:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Sadly it would be pretty easy from a car. If you are traveling North in the golf cart a car coming south is only 10 feet (or less) from you. Toss it out the window and let physics take it into the cart at 35 MPH.

Pretty scary...
People could have hidden themselves at the lookout in the middle of the Morse Bridge. Is that where it was Kathie? The big bridge on Morse that is close to 466 and goes over Lake Sumter?

Hospice is the first building along that path and around the golf cart bend heading North on the South side of 466.

The kids could have been slightly...under or behind the bridge on the North side.. People picnic there in their golf carts occasionally. That would have been sort of a blind throw.......
Old 09-25-2016, 11:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
People could have hidden themselves at the lookout in the middle of the Morse Bridge. Is that where it was Kathie? The big bridge on Morse that is close to 466 and goes over Lake Sumter?

Hospice is the first building along that path and around the golf cart bend heading North on the South side of 466.

The kids could have been slightly...under or behind the bridge on the North side.. People picnic there in their golf carts occasionally. That would have been sort of a blind throw.......
Very true, I have no idea how it happened, but hiding and throwing has one drawback. There is no get away. You hit the wrong cart and you may find your self in a heap of trouble...
Old 09-25-2016, 11:19 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

'
Yes, Gracie.

Old 09-25-2016, 11:25 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post

Pretty scary...
Yes, I didn't think of that. I asked her if she saw any cars near her and she said she was so in shock, but she didn't notice any. It was very scary, we don't expect that here.

Old 09-25-2016, 11:31 AM
Platinum member

Future members of the legal system process.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Yes, I didn't think of that. I asked her if she saw any cars near her and she said she was so in shock, but she didn't notice any. It was very scary, we don't expect that here.

Well we need to have patience here, if you look closely, you will find we seem to be trying very hard to make this beautiful place into another LA. I will not dwell on this but please consider this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, In just three years we have seen and we see every day the changes taking place here is this wonderful place. We see violations on a regular basis and it is grossly overlooked. WE have also found that calling in a problem by phone can be met with a very loose reply. Enough of that.
bbbbbb
Old 09-25-2016, 12:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
Well we need to have patience here, if you look closely, you will find we seem to be trying very hard to make this beautiful place into another LA. I will not dwell on this but please consider this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, In just three years we have seen and we see every day the changes taking place here is this wonderful place. We see violations on a regular basis and it is grossly overlooked. WE have also found that calling in a problem by phone can be met with a very loose reply. Enough of that.
bbbbbb

Who are you calling your violations in to that are overlooked? What kind of violations? The Villages has no law enforcement of their own. We depend on agencies in our area. (Who I think do a VERY good job) The Villages Watch has no authority to arrest or detain. But I still like their presence here.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-25-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:

Probably some bored teens.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:56 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Time to pass a stop and frisk law here. but officer honestly the eggs are for my eggs Florentine
Old 09-25-2016, 01:01 PM
Sage

I have two words to say on this whole problem.

Little snots.

Tags
cart, heard, bridge, night, thrown

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.