Erika Shifting much farther on a western track into the Gulf.

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2015, 07:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default Erika Shifting much farther on a western track into the Gulf.

Tropical Storm ERIKA

This may miss us in Central Florida completely. You always feel for whoever it actually strikes. I watched a lot of these when we lived in Palm Harbor especially those in 2004. We were here in the Villages by June 2005. I remember Katrina veering off as we watched it from the Villages. Watch a timelapse of 2005's Hurricane Katrina as seen from space
Old 08-29-2015, 07:23 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Tropical Storm ERIKA

This may miss us in Central Florida completely. You always feel for whoever it actually strikes. I watched a lot of these when we lived in Palm Harbor especially those in 2004. We were here in the Villages by June 2005. I remember Katrina veering off as we watched it from the Villages. Watch a timelapse of 2005's Hurricane Katrina as seen from space
And, in 2004, Charley crossed Cuba and moved into the Gulf.
Kevin Beary looks back at Hurricane Charley | News - Home
Suffering from TV envy
Old 08-29-2015, 09:28 AM
Location: Born and raised in Western PA, now in Village of Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Tropical Storm ERIKA

We sure hope it keeps tracking west and misses TV... we are making our permanent move next week and are due to arrive very early Weds morning!!!!
Old 08-29-2015, 09:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgees View Post
We sure hope it keeps tracking west and misses TV... we are making our permanent move next week and are due to arrive very early Weds morning!!!!
Do you have any options?
Old 08-29-2015, 10:46 AM
Sage
Default Erika has dissipated

Erika has dissipated and is no longer a tropical storm. Good news for Florida. Wish I was there!
Old 08-29-2015, 11:27 AM
Veteran member

Worst one we had in Xcalak, Mexico was Dean...cat 5
Old 08-29-2015, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Looks like much ado about nothing again. It's been downgraded and is not even a tropical storm anymore. There's a very slight possibility that it will create a new center of rotation and regain some strength but it's doubtful that will happen.

I can't believe that the governor declared a state of emergency for the entire state when this thing wasn't even a hurricane and it's path was completely uncertain.

Does anyone know what happens when the governor declares a state of emergency? Does it call for funding immediately upon the declaration?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I'm not a fan of the governor, but he would be ripped apart if he did nothing Or acted too slowly and there was Injury to people and property. I would rather be cautious than playing catch-up.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
I'm not a fan of the governor, but he would be ripped apart if he did nothing Or acted too slowly and there was Injury to people and property. I would rather be cautious than playing catch-up.
I agree, but even in a worst case scenario, this storm would have made landfall on the southeast coast of Florida late Monday or early Tuesday.

Why declare a state of emergency on Saturday and why for the entire state?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:55 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Why declare a state of emergency on Saturday and why for the entire state?
So the Governor can get on TV!!..

Tags
lived, harbor, palm, watched, lot, remember, katrina, veering, june, strikes, villages, gulf, track, western, shifting, farther, miss, feel, erika, central, florida, completely

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.