Fenny?

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2016, 04:53 PM
Gold member
Default Fenny?

so anyway, I was in the beauty palor this afternoon and was told that TV is building another town center....

I said...no...I think that its going to be a suddivision....housing, rec and golf....no Town Center....

She was so sure i was mistaken.....anyone else heard anything like that?

also polo on 301.....
Old 05-25-2016, 05:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,457 Posts

First I've herd of another new town square, but once across turnpike straight shot to north Orlando. The south side may be small compared in another 10 years or so. Heard the rumor that the polo field could be moved on 301 north of cr42. Which would give lots room for houses on the horse lots and polo fields. I don't see end to it. They keep building as long as they come IMO of course which is worth absolutely nothing. I'm peon so anything I've herd several mouths from the source.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:51 PM
Sage

I won't be satisfied until I can ride to Disney on an MMP. I figure 7 years at the outside.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I won't be satisfied until I can ride to Disney on an MMP. I figure 7 years at the outside.
Mebbe 8.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
so anyway, I was in the beauty palor this afternoon and was told that TV is building another town center....

I said...no...I think that its going to be a suddivision....housing, rec and golf....no Town Center....

There is not town center in the plat that has been approved by the Wildwood City Commission.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
There is not town center in the plat that has been approved by the Wildwood City Commission.
Another rumor bites the dust. Good job.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:02 PM

The planned Village of Fenny is pretty far south down CR468. Not sure what they have in mind to connect it to TV if that is the plan. We drove down to take a look. It is already being cleared on the left side about 5 miles down after crossing 44 from Morse Blvd.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2016, 08:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
The planned Village of Fenny is pretty far south down CR468. Not sure what they have in mind to connect it to TV if that is the plan. We drove down to take a look. It is already being cleared on the left side about 5 miles down after crossing 44 from Morse Blvd.

A tunnel, maybe? [emoji41]
Old 05-29-2016, 08:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
A tunnel, maybe? [emoji41]
That will be one big tunnel. Went to where Fenney will be and it's 2.0 miles south of turnpike and a total of 4.6 miles south from SR 44..........
Old 05-29-2016, 09:56 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default 32,000 acres

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post

also polo on 301.....
This rumor is just about as plausible as what a Realtor (one of the major real estate firms selling in the area) told me a about six months ago. He told me, with a serious face, that The Village Developer had purchase 32,000 acres south of 44 to continue building The Villages. I ask politely if he meant 3,200 acres----no it was 32,000 and it came from a very reliable source that knows the family very well.

Sometimes you don't know to laugh or to cry. I walked away laughing to myself about this absurd rumor. But.....perhaps he just had his numbers wrong and maybe he was partially right.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default It's A Long Way South

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post

The large parcel which will be developed south of The Villages, between CR 301 and the new turnpike entrance was originally going to be developed, separate from TV by members of the Morse family. Now it is being included in The Villages. But reliable reports say that while it will carry a "village name" it will not be a senior community, will have a retail center along CR 301, but no "town square" with nightly entertainment, and will not be golf cart accessible to Brownwood and TV further north.

Frankly, it would make little sense to make it golf cart accessible to the northern parts of TV. We drove down there last week and it is a looong way south--four or five miles from CR44 to the intersection of CR301 and CR468, the western end of the new village.

The new "village" will almost certainly be a self-contained development with little in common with the main parts of The Villages other than a village name.

And oh, by the way, Paige Boone McCabe, a Morse grandaughter and manager of TV Polo Club recently responded to the rumor that the Polo Club and stadium would be moved, saying there is absolutely no truth to the rumor. She said that the polo operation has been and will be where it is currently located along Buena Vista Boulevard. As a season ticketholder at the polo games, the attendance at games this spring, even the Friday preliminary tournament games, has been impressive. Pretty much sellouts on Sundays, and good crowds on Fridays. It appears to be a money-making business. it would be out of character for a member of the fsmily to make such an announcement in response to the rumor, if their intentions were different.

Last edited by Villages Kahuna; 05-30-2016 at 03:47 AM.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:22 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

VK - Do you have solid reason to doubt the info provided in the can't be named on-line news?

"Wildwood Springs was proposed in 2008, but the recession delayed plans to build it. Several months ago, the developer asked to change the project to an age-restricted, active adult community. Since the project is a development of regional impact, like The Villages, it required state review.

"A letter last month from Taylor Teepell of the state Department of Economic Opportunity deemed the impact of changing the project to age-restricted as “non-substantial,” which meant the developer would not need further state approvals.

"The revised plan calls for 2,600 of the 3,000 homes to be age-restricted. It also reduced the proposed commercial and retail space to 160,000 square feet from 225,000 square feet in the 2008 plan. Amenities may be similar to other villages, including recreation centers and golf courses."

I get that there will be no town square nor golf cart access; but other info seems to be in conflict with the latest 'news'.

Closed Thread

Tags
town, center, golf, rec, suddivision

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.