Forming a Traveling Dining Club

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Sage
Default Forming a Traveling Dining Club

Looking for input to forming a traveling dining club. Would be great to have a mid sized bus that could take diners who like fine dining to out of the area restaurants.

There are so many great restaurants in St.Pete, Tampa, Cocoa-but don't want to risk driving home or having to spend the evening in a hotel.

Just because we would travel in a group doesn't mean we would have to eat at one large table unless the experience warrants it.

There is a truly fabulous Chinese Restaurant in Cocoa Beach, called Yen Yen--check out their menu-this where a table of 10 could have one hell of an experience.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:46 AM
Veteran member

What a great idea.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:31 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Dining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Looking for input to forming a traveling dining club. Would be great to have a mid sized bus that could take diners who like fine dining to out of the area restaurants.

There are so many great restaurants in St.Pete, Tampa, Cocoa-but don't want to risk driving home or having to spend the evening in a hotel.

Just because we would travel in a group doesn't mean we would have to eat at one large table unless the experience warrants it.

There is a truly fabulous Chinese Restaurant in Cocoa Beach, called Yen Yen--check out their menu-this where a table of 10 could have one hell of an experience.
If you're looking for a 20 passenger bus call Evelyn Stetler at JP Tours. 352-753-0736. Nice company to deal with, and they take small groups. Sounds like a great idea. Len & Mary
Old 05-06-2016, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Very interested.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:37 AM
Platinum member

Our group looked into it already and found it cost-prohibitive.
By the time you add the food, beverage, tax & tip expenses to the cost of chartering a bus plus driver gratuity, we were at $80-100 per person.
Very few in our group would spend that much, so we couldn't fill a small bus.

The Villages Gourmet Club forms small groups for Dining-Out each month and most people car-pool to Mount Dora, Ocala or even Orlando for a new dining experience. One restaurant everyone seems to love is Seasons 52 Fresh Grill. The club caters to both singles and couples too.

Check them out: TheVillagesGourmetClub.com

Skip
Old 05-06-2016, 02:16 PM
Sage

$80.00-$100.00/ person is not a lot for transportation + fine dining.

I honestly believe a group who want to spring for a once a month or once every 2 weeks would not be deterred by the $$$-we Spent $300.00 to see a show @ the Sharon & spent $188.00 to see another show last week.

If you are on a tight budget or if you don't care to spend $$ for fine dining-don't join.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:19 PM

Keep me posted!
Old 05-06-2016, 02:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
$80.00-$100.00/ person is not a lot for transportation + fine dining.

I honestly believe a group who want to spring for a once a month or once every 2 weeks would not be deterred by the $$$-we Spent $300.00 to see a show @ the Sharon & spent $188.00 to see another show last week.

If you are on a tight budget or if you don't care to spend $$ for fine dining-don't join.
I agree, I don't think it will be that difficult to put together a group!!
Old 05-06-2016, 03:39 PM
Sage

I'm interested in enjoying food and experiences that are not available inside the bubble, we drink, like fine wines & cocktails-don't want to risk a duo or worse

Again, experienced the Willow Tree in Sanford this Tues & realized what we've been missing.

Last edited by Chatbrat; 05-06-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:36 PM

We were in a group like this when we lived in Miami. Seems the same people had a sensor for the time the bill would arrive or forgot their wallet. That is a trick you can only do once. Same two fellas did it twice. Just a bad scene. Seems like the ones who loved the best places were not the nicest to be with finding fault with everything and everybody. Sending the meal back is not a sign you know about good food it just shows you are a fool. Arguing about the tip was the last straw. My best advise would be get everyone's money up front. We're out.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Veteran member

We are a couple that would be interested in this. Probably have to run it like the deep sea fishing club. You might need 500 members to fill a 20 person bus once a month but it could work. Maybe two trips a month, sign up and get your transportation money in by a certain date. I know we would be interested.
Keep us posted.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Great idea. Think the idea of the bus is the best. Restaurant often far and unknown directions, bus gives piece of mind to enjoy a special dining experience. Bus money should be paid upfront. Each couple person pays their own dinner bill. This could be a grand experience. Keep us all informed. Very interested.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:59 PM
Platinum member

We would also be interested depending on how often the group would go out...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2016, 09:09 PM
Platinum member

Yea, $80-100 per person was a normal restaurant. One person in the group priced a 3 course meal at Bern's Steakhouse for a group of 18 and it came to $175 pp with everything. No takers. That's when we looked at a normal restaurants at $80-100 pp and had a hard time filling a bus or even picking a mutually agreeable date. Then there were those lactose and gluten intolerant that had special needs. Some didn't want to pay up front too, not even a deposit so they could "cancel anytime". The group was from Bridgeport Village. For a group dinner, some restaurants will tell you: ONE BILL. It was a nightmare. Never got off the ground.

But good luck to you if you tackle it.

Skip
Old 05-07-2016, 03:08 AM
Sage

I'm not talking about just one restaurant-let the bus take the group to Central Ave,St Pete-there are tons of good restaurants-you're on you're own, to what restaurant you want, or to pair off with others, the same goes for Main St in Sanford.

None of the big table nonsense unless its Chinese restaurant that has a huge rotating setup like Yen Yen, then everything must be paid for up front-this is a typical shared meal experience.
Closed Thread

Tags
dining, restaurants, experience, forming, table

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.