Foul mouthed cyclist

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2017, 06:33 PM
Veteran member
Default Bike riders

Here are some thoughts on bicycles.
You can be on the Multii Modal paths, you need to be cautious of walkers and Golf carts.
You can be on the streets in the Villages, however, it is a requirement that you ride not more than two riders side by side and you must obey all traffic laws, stops and signals etc.
BEYOND THE LAW ITEMS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, REMEMBER, It is wise to be cautious, to be courteous, at all times, to be on guard and take all precautions, be safe.

bbbbbb
Old 02-27-2017, 10:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
The difference in fatalities is likely due to safety equipment more than any behavioral issues. Sgt. Robert Siemer of the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office claimed that every one of those fatalities involved a person being ejected from the golf cart, with their heads hitting either the pavement or a tree.
BTW, he's now LT. Siemer.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 02-28-2017, 08:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default OhioBuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
I am not sure what circumstances you are referring to but "right of way" is defined by the situation based on the state statutes. Bikes are subject to the same rules of the road as cars. To suggest that cars have some intrinsic "right of way" legal advantage over bikes is inconsistent with what is in the state statutes.
BIKER1, I hear what you're saying but if you get hit by a car while riding a bike, the bike is going to get sited, unless the biker or golf cart can prove that the car hit them deliberately. It's right in the by-laws of TV. I agree it doesn't seem right but if any biker or golf cart wants to mix it up with a car, it's their life. Like I said before the roads in TV are county roads not maintained by TV & state laws also say golf carts in any state aren't suppose to be on Hwy, county Rd. back Rd. or State Rd. Just be careful & not get hit!
Old 02-28-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
BIKER1, I hear what you're saying but if you get hit by a car while riding a bike, the bike is going to get sited, unless the biker or golf cart can prove that the car hit them deliberately. It's right in the by-laws of TV. I agree it doesn't seem right but if any biker or golf cart wants to mix it up with a car, it's their life. Like I said before the roads in TV are county roads not maintained by TV & state laws also say golf carts in any state aren't suppose to be on Hwy, county Rd. back Rd. or State Rd. Just be careful & not get hit!
You're suggesting that a car can run over a biker from behind and the bike will get the ticket? That doesn't sound right.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:40 AM
Sage

As I already stated, "right of way" is defined by the situation according to the state statutes. Your assertion that a bike would get cited if hit by a car is nonsensical without setting the context of who actually had the right of way. It is the same as if a car hit another car, since the rules of the road apply to car and bikes. The state statutes are easily found online.

Quote:

Last edited by biker1; 02-28-2017 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:45 AM
Sage

It isn't correct. Some of the posts on Talk of the Villages remind me of the old Art Linkletter Show "Kids say the darndest things".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
You're suggesting that a car can run over a biker from behind and the bike will get the ticket? That doesn't sound right.

Last edited by biker1; 02-28-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:52 AM

Noooo that would FOWL!! 🐔🐔🐔🐔
Old 02-28-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrandell View Post
Thanks Gracie. It was a very frightening experience, not only a near accident, but the crude response toward us by the cyclist.
BTW I attempted to correct the thread spelling error, but no joy.
Lol my response was for the man that referenced "the bird fowl" not yours. Sorry if that is what you thought!
Old 02-28-2017, 12:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
...Your assertion that a bike would get cited if hit by a car is nonsensical without setting the context of who actually had the right of way...
Very true.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:13 PM
Sage

Really thinking about getting a dash cam, but only show it to your lawyer
Old 02-28-2017, 05:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Cyclists are allowed on roads and paths. The exception to the rules of stop signs and basic traffic laws, is cars and carts stop, cyclists choose their own rules.

Sorry I ride, but not in a group. My dare devil times are over, and yep I know when I stop for a sign it does not effect my HR, it called interval exercise and I get to live another day.

Now that is funny. Cars and Carts stop. Bahwaaaaaaaaa
I need tissues to wipe the tears from Laughing so hard.

While I agree if happened what the OP said. That is wrong. But to jump to the point that cars and carts and everyone stops but cyclist. That is 10000% ROTFLMAO

Just Sayin. Heck I worry more about cycling thru the villages getting hit by a car driving the wrong direction in my lane, then telling them and they tell me stay off the road. IMAGINE THAT.

True Story,, CR-101 by Crispers.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Yeah, but I bet you won't find the drivers of carts/cars wearing full body spandex.
I agree,,, excatly why they are in cars and carts.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

I am totally lost on this one. Not sure what to think. Kinda sounds like maybe trying to say, if your not in a car stay off the roads because only cars have the right of way. Oh Snap, Wait a second. I do remember a car hitting a cyclist at the round-a-bout not long ago on Morse and Pinellas. Let me see, Let me see. Oh Yea the car tried to make a right turn at the first circle from the left lane and ran into the cyclist. I do remember the car getting the ticket for failure to yield right of way. But then again maybe the FHP Trooper was not clued into "LAWS" that pertain only to Villagers and any traffic the flows in the "Villages"
I have read some funny stuff on here before, but dang that takes the cake..

I guess if a car hits a car, who gets the ticket if they both say I DID NOT DO IT. I almost fell out of my chair thinking about the possibilites.

If it were not for the likes of Gracie Girl on here I might say something that would get me in trouble.
I love cycling, and all of my friends do. We ride all over the place. I know alot of cyclist do not abide by the laws as all other vehicles cars, trucks, boats, planes, carts, do not abide by the laws all the time either. This post started out as a tale of a rude biker telling the car that almost hit him they were number 1. But that turns into a biker bash. That is the norm on the forum. The only time I rant on here as in now, is when these types of post happen. I could go on for hours about the stories I have seen and heard while cycling around the villages.
It is a retirement community. Retire take your time. Enjoy all the cyclist and carts and people living life. No need to bash anyone. They are rude people in all vehicles in The Villages. Not just on bikes.

Last edited by GaryW; 02-28-2017 at 06:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-28-2017, 06:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default OhioBuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
OK, I see your point!
Closed Thread

Tags
cyclist, cart, husbands, traffic, car

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.