Golf course poachers

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2014, 11:34 AM

We like to do that too! as you say it is cooler in the late afternoon, we pay our trail fees and also play during regular hours and look for late tee times for that reason. Not to avoid points.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Since you saw this..................to who's attention did you bring it to? You had a chance to stop it.................did you?
That's how you can be pro-active.

I have tried on more than 1 occasion to "stop things" to the point my friends just watch to see what will happen. I am always polite and non confrontational. I saw a golf cart full of 4 teens going the wrong way on the golf cart paths at dusk one day when we were exiting the course. They passed several carts with no one doing anything other than move aside so the kids could get by. I moved right in front of them and would not let them pass. I told them they has no reason to go onto the course at that time, it was dangerous with no lights, and they had no business there. I went up to 2 people walking around a large pond at Sweetgum. Golfers were also just ignoring them. I told them that they could be hit by golf balls and be hurt. They said they had permission to be there. I did not believe them, but turns out-after checking-they were "gator rangers" looking for large alligators. I went looking at the square to find anyone to deal with a very dangerous situation-needless to say that I found no one who had the authority to do anything. But the particular time, I was driving by the rec center on my way somewhere, and did not turn around. I have no problem with reporting incidents that look unusual to me. I am willing to do whatever I can to keep TV the wonderful place it can be. Not enough people are-and that is not directed at any specific people-it is just unfortunately the way it is. My problem is finding someone/anyone who has the title or authority to actually do anything about these situations.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT2TV View Post
Actually, I never mentioned that I think that non-villagers should stay away from the squares, just that it seems more and more that the people who attent the functions are not from TV. I would just as soon they stop having the functions at the squares in the evening, but can agree that some people seem to enjoy them. And if the funding is also provided by other areas , maybe it shouldn't be held here, but in a more neutral area.
I'm confused by your post. Are you aware that all three Town Squares are open to the public? The Squares entertainment is not funded by our amenities. TV residents do not own the Squares..
Old 04-28-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I'm confused by your post. Are you aware that all three Town Squares are open to the public? The Squares entertainment is not funded by our amenities. TV residents do not own the Squares..

Of course I am aware that the squares are open to the public. I never said that I thought people should not attend the squares, just that a lot of Villagers no longer went to the squares after they had lived here for a year or so, except for certain occasions. Someone brought up that since some of the funding came from around the region, and not just TV, he would be upset at the entertainment being just here at the Villages if he lived in another area. I suggested in that case maybe it would be more fair to all to have it in a more neutral area. The only areas I have problems with non -villagers using are our pools, golf courses, rec centers, pathways, etc.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.