Have you seen this photo ? Car on Cart path

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2014, 09:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck90199 View Post
We were heading north on Morse Blvd Wednesday night about 6:30 and saw an SUV going clockwise around the roundabout at Odell Circle near Mallory. A lot of blowing of horns and flashing headlights. Could have been someone visiting from England or Bermuda.
Or it could have been someone too drunk to care if they hit someone.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2BNTV View Post
I think while driving we ALL are a somewhat auto pilot.

When we go from cart to car, then car to cart, well auto pilot kicks in.

We will all be old one day and hope we all know the exact day and time to hang up our keys.

While it is not okay to drive on the path with a car, this is just a reminder we have to be so careful when we do drive.

I'll get off my soap box now.......
I agree. I am often in the LaGrande Plaza off of 27/441. If I'm in my car I take a slightly different route than when I'm in the golf cart. The difference is that in the car I have to take a right onto Main St and in the cart I cross over Main St to get to the bridge. One day I was in my car and I found may way almost to the entrance of the golf cart bridge. Of course I recognized what had happened before I got to the bridge. The person driving the car on the bridge is probably a visitor or someone that is very new here.

I also have to say that I've driven on roads that wide in The Philippines that are meant for cars.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
Absolutely. The problem is that too often someone that shouldn't be driving causes a serious accident. There should be a mandatory road test every few years after let's say 65.

I couldn't agree more. I had a big problem with a former father-in-law who at 85 insisted that he'd never give up driving. His car looked like it have been through a war. But none of his children would do anything about it. He finally passed before he killed someone.

How about every other year after age 65, once a year after age 70 and once every six months at age 80 once a month at age 90 and every day at 100.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.