Helpful Villagers

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2016, 05:43 PM
Gold member
Default Helpful Villagers

I've been meaning to write this post for a week. But, things have been a little crazy here setting up my home!

One of the first things I wanted to do when my tenants moved out was to have Tim Miller do my garage floor. The only problem was I needed to move my golf cart from my home to the rental home where we were staying. I had the GPS app on my phone but it wasn't working properly. Somehow, I missed a turn and ended up on a main intersection on Canal Street! I realized my mistake and was trying to figure out how to get out of it when a nice man named George came to my rescue. He showed me how to get to the golf cart trail, helped me get my GPS app working and gave me some tips about a couple of turns I needed to make. Thank you George!

A few days later my lanai furniture arrived from Sam's Club. I knew they would deliver the two boxes to my home but that was it. It turns out one of the boxes was so big they couldn't get it into the house and left it on the drive. My 88 year old aunt and I were able to get the chairs, pillows, etc out of the box and in the house. But, then came the sofa! We were trying to figure out what to do when a nice man came to our aid. He got the sofa out of the box and the two of us got it out to the lanai. I don't even know his name! But, thank you!!
Old 05-26-2016, 06:38 PM
Platinum member

What a nice story ... and how nice of you to show your appreciation. So far, in our limited amount of time here, we have noticed how nice, polite and helpful everyone has been. And, about Publix??? I think I have died and gone to heaven. Each and every employee seems to be on happy pills.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

What a nice couple of girls you are.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What a nice couple of girls you are.

GG is correct you both sound like the kind of neighbors everyone would love. You'll fit in perfectly no matter where you are or what you are doing in TV. Congratulations and a sincere welcome - neighbors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tags
home, app, man, turns, nice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.