Here is the Mark Morse Letter regarding the Proposed Performing Arts Center

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts
Default Here is the Mark Morse Letter regarding the Proposed Performing Arts Center

There are two URL's with information.
http://www.districtgov.org/happening/index.aspx

The actual letter.
http://www.districtgov.org/images/wh...nterLetter.pdf

You may have to copy and paste.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Sage

Bogie Shooter, thanks for the info. The proposal looks promising. I think starting modest is much more sensible than erring on the side of overbuilding, with the inherent dangers of operating in the red and having to subsidize or close down.

I also like the fact that the facility will be at an existing town square. Drawing more people to SS should enable more businesses to do well there, thus potentially revitalizing the whole square.

Just as old strip malls eventually lose business and tenants as new strip malls are built, the older town squares would suffer if everything new and exciting went to "the latest and greatest" town square.

So far, I'm encouraged.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by pturner View Post
bogie shooter, thanks for the info. The proposal looks promising. I think starting modest is much more sensible than erring on the side of overbuilding, with the inherent dangers of operating in the red and having to subsidize or close down.

I also like the fact that the facility will be at an existing town square. Drawing more people to ss should enable more businesses to do well there, thus potentially revitalizing the whole square.

Just as old strip malls eventually lose business and tenants as new strip malls are built, the older town squares would suffer if everything new and exciting went to "the latest and greatest" town square.

So far, i'm encouraged.
ditto
Old 10-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Default performing arts center

Sure sounds like a generous, helpful offer along with some good mgmt advice. I suppose the developer gets rid of a losing operation but still a no cost donation seems generous. Also, I like the idea that he's involved a professional familiar with these type of facilities and their financial realities. I hope the decision makers listen and act carefully as this type of facility is sure to need ongoing financial support.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:51 AM
Veteran member

I would think that parking would be a big issue in Spanish Springs. I will be interested to see how that is handled as this plan moves forward.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 10-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdraig View Post
I would think that parking would be a big issue in Spanish Springs. I will be interested to see how that is handled as this plan moves forward.

That is a big concern of ours. Why I think there is ample parking behind the old sales office or out by the shuttle drop off, that is a bit of a walk for some folks I know. Perhaps long range plans might include some kind of shuttle service from parking areas to the front door.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk7951 View Post
That is a big concern of ours. Why I think there is ample parking behind the old sales office or out by the shuttle drop off, that is a bit of a walk for some folks I know. Perhaps long range plans might include some kind of shuttle service from parking areas to the front door.
Or maybe shuttle service from your home..........
Old 11-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Default Seeking responses on PAC

Hello. My name is Dave Schlenker, and I am the entertainment editor for the Ocala StarBanner. I am working on a story about PALMS and the proposed performing arts center for the tri-county area. I would like to speak to residents in this area about the need for a PAC of that size here. Any other thoughts among residents would be appreciated, too.

My office number is 352-867-4120.

Many thanks
Dave Schlenker
Old 11-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Sage

I love the Spanish Springs Town Square as I am in favor of anything that will help keep it vibrant, exciting and viable.

I think the concern over parking needs to be worked out.

I was wondering if this "not overbuilding" PAC at the Church on the Square would limit the seating capacity. I think I rememer it being said before the seating capacity would prevent the big named stars from being able to perform as it would not generate enough revenue?

If I am wrong, can someone please correct me?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.