Homeowners insurance

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2016, 10:05 PM

Before you get to happy and sign up for SINK HOLE INSURANCE.. first the hole in the ground must be investigated by the Insurance
Company to make sure it was actually a sink hole... maybe investigated by State of Florida to call it a sink hole... and possible outside
agency to name it an actual sink hole.... then find out while all along you will be paying for the premium... you may/will be charged a
huge deductible in the tens of thousands... actually ask your agent what you will pay before you are paid... and finally most likely it
will never be classified as a 'SINK HOLE" AND MORE THAN LIKELY BE CALLED A CATASTROPHIC EVENT" AND NOT A SINK HOLE..
SO DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON THIS ONE.. An Insurance agent passed this bit of information along to me..
Old 10-16-2016, 11:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,730 Times in 5,250 Posts

My policy has sinkhole coverage with a deductible of 10 percent of the property value. So, I am covered for 90 percent of the value of the house. Apparently, there is no way to predict where or when a sinkhole will occur, but Florida has more sinkhole events then any other state. The number of sinkholes is increasing in Florida. Also, many sinkholes are man-made and the result property development and removing water from the ground. The actual definition of what is a sinkhole vs a catastrophic ground collapse seems to be very confusing, but I am happy that I am covered either way.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Nope
Hi, May i ask who else offers it? Thanks
Old 10-19-2016, 06:38 PM
Sage

The deductible is typically 10%. You many find lower values if you shop around, for example State Farm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
I would also like to remind you that you definitely should get golf cart liability insurance. An umbrella policy is often a wise investment in a lawsuit-happy environment.

Hurricanes are covered in the standard homeowners policy when living this far inland. Living on the coasts is a different matter.

The sinkhole debate will keep going on. If you do get it, the deductible is usually 2 percent of the insured value of your home. Depending where you move in The Villages (by a lake or pond, newly developed area), it is very unlikely you would need it but that is a personal choice. Catastrophic ground collapse is covered in the standard policy with the standard deductible.

I use the services of Sandy Manion at Villages Insurance.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,730 Times in 5,250 Posts

My coverage is through The Villages Insurance and the insurance policy is with ASI.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:31 PM

Retiredguy123 Thanks, Bill
Closed Thread

Tags
suggestions, insurance, sinkhole, payment, monthly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.