How do some do it ??

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2015, 12:02 PM
Gold member
Cool How do some do it ??

I am amazed that some people can find the time to respond to nearly every post and sometimes respond to a post multiple times. Where do they find the time to do this. Is this all they do ??? My days in the Villages are filled leaving perhaps 30 minutes or so late in the evenings to open Talk of The Villages. What is their secret?
Old 05-24-2015, 07:38 AM

We have thought about selling the hillbilly retreat. We like our place in TV, but we kind of like the hillbilly retreat also. I love The Villages. Ain't no other place like it.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

We have been through this before on other posts. Some have their computers "tuned in" to TOTV all day long. I'm one. We play pickleball, swim, raise butterflies, a bird, and a dog, and watch a baseball/football/hockey game every night. Plus I love to cook and read. Occasionally we clean the house, we and travel a ton. We have a couple of clubs we belong to. My husband runs a SCORE chapter. I would say our life is full and rich and busy.

I am able to keep tuned in to the forum whenever and wherever. I have an iPad that's cellular, a cell phone, and a laptop parked in the living room. I'm watching baseball, football, hockey and still online. I have made many good friends here on TOTV, so it is a social occasion for me as well.

Please don't judge, Warren. You can't be in another person's shoes. Maybe there are housebound people or handicapped people or ill people. Maybe there are more people like me who just enjoy being connected and informed, and the occasional debate.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
We have been through this before on other posts. Some have their computers "tuned in" to TOTV all day long. I'm one. We play pickleball, swim, raise butterflies, a bird, and a dog, and watch a baseball/football/hockey game every night. Plus I love to cook and read. Occasionally we clean the house, we and travel a ton. We have a couple of clubs we belong to. My husband runs a SCORE chapter. I would say our life is full and rich and busy.

I am able to keep tuned in to the forum whenever and wherever. I have an iPad that's cellular, a cell phone, and a laptop parked in the living room. I'm watching baseball, football, hockey and still online. I have made many good friends here on TOTV, so it is a social occasion for me as well.

Please don't judge, Warren. You can't be in another person's shoes. Maybe there are housebound people or handicapped people or ill people. Maybe there are more people like me who just enjoy being connected and informed, and the occasional debate.

I agree with what she said and there are many who use this forum to entertain themselves, not just to come on and make negative comments.
I have met MANY people on this forum who are now my "real" friends through banter and following them and getting to know them by their comments.

Today I have weeded the back area, gone for a swim, went to Laurel Manor for a ceramic's class, and came home and fixed lunch. Ran the sweeper on the lanai.

My computer is in my kitchen and I enjoy TOTV.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Sage
Default How do some do it ??

I use it when I first get up in the morning. Sometimes at lunch. Went shopping this AM. Just got back from a walk. Getting ready to bathe the dog. My wife and I will be going to Home Depot after that. No golf until Tuesday so I have extra time for the volunteer stuff I like to do. I know what you're thinking - I need to stop being lazy and get a life.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

AND Warren.

Some of can read better than we hear.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I am amazed that some people can find the time to respond to nearly every post and sometimes respond to a post multiple times. Where do they find the time to do this. Is this all they do ??? My days in the Villages are filled leaving perhaps 30 minutes or so late in the evenings to open Talk of The Villages. What is their secret?
No one needs to substantiate why or why not they comment on TOTV. Since it's a secret, then we can't tell, sorry Warren.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:39 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

I'm amazed that anyone would wonder about how much time anyone else spends on TOTV - much less how many times they respond to the posts here.

Perhaps not everyone is still in the Villages and enjoys feeling 'connected' to there. What does it matter as long as it makes US happy?

Old 05-23-2015, 03:07 PM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post

I wasn't trying to judge anyone. I feel I am very busy and I cannot find the time to spend much time on the computer. Housebound or handicapped would be an answer. I still have no comprehension how you do as much as you do. Please don't judge me.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:12 PM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
No one needs to substantiate why or why not they comment on TOTV. Since it's a secret, then we can't tell, sorry Warren.
Maybe it's magic. All I know is that I seldom find that extra time to spend on the computer.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Maybe it's magic. All I know is that I seldom find that extra time to spend on the computer.
Well, maybe you're not managing your time properly! JUST KIDDING
Old 05-23-2015, 03:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
I wasn't trying to judge anyone. I feel I am very busy and I cannot find the time to spend much time on the computer. Housebound or handicapped would be an answer. I still have no comprehension how you do as much as you do. Please don't judge me.
Well, you've made multiple posts on this thread in the last 3 hours. Not too busy today with Village life?
Old 05-23-2015, 03:21 PM
Veteran member

I keep online out of fear I'll forget my password. I pick and choose which to read or maybe respond. We'll be returning this late fall for the second year and have nothing bad to say. VIVA TV!....anybody seen my dog? here Pie..
Old 05-23-2015, 03:28 PM

Well I for one am glad you all are on here. Being new it is nice to read about all the subjects that come up. I too am on a lot. I don't always comment but I don't really have a lot of answers about stuff, being new. I have found that women can do many things at the same time. Not saying men can't. We are still back and forth as we have not sold our house in MS yet. So when we get there full time I would love to meet everyone. Keep posting!! Please
Old 05-23-2015, 03:43 PM
Sage

Many that move to The Villages believe you can't be a true Villager unless you are in involved in 37 activities and clubs and go to the squares every night. After a few years most cut way back and enjoy their life as they want not what is expected of them.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.