Incredibly Unprofessional Transaction Agent

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2016, 05:51 AM
Default Incredibly Unprofessional Transaction Agent

On purchasing a preowned home by this Village agent, from the onset this woman lied. I was told that the elderly gentleman who lives in the home was the original owner. He expanded his lanai, he is leaving to go into an assisted living facility and since signing the contracts, she has refused to correspond either by e mail, phone or texts. Well according to the tax records the home was purchased in 2015 and he didn't do a thing in that home. He's not going into an assisted living facility he is going to live with his daughter. Where do they get this stuff from? I have repeatedly contacted the sales office to complain to perhaps a manager annd for some reason they try their damnest to avoid doing that. I still do not have executed contracts signed by both parties??? I think the difference between the VLS agents and MLS agents are MLS agents are bound to a code of ethics and morals and can be sued for misrepresentation. USE MLS

Last edited by jamblu; 07-27-2016 at 06:01 AM.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblu View Post
On purchasing a preowned home by this Village agent, from the onset this woman lied. I was told that the elderly gentleman who lives in the home was the original owner. He expanded his lanai, he is leaving to go into an assisted living facility and since signing the contracts, she has refused to correspond either by e mail, phone or texts. Well according to the tax records the home was purchased in 2015 and he didn't do a thing in that home. He's not going into an assisted living facility he is going to live with his daughter. Where do they get this stuff from? I have repeatedly contacted the sales office to complain to perhaps a manager annd for some reason they try their damnest to avoid doing that. I still do not have executed contracts signed by both parties??? I think the difference between the VLS agents and MLS agents are MLS agents are bound to a code of ethics and morals and can be sued for misrepresentation. USE MLS

I don't understand why it matters if the owner is moving to assisted living or with his daughter.

It is not right that your sales agent has not responded to your emails or phone calls. Again, I ask, have you closed on this property?

P.S. I am not a realtor, or sales agent for real estate and never have been and neither has anyone in my family. I personally LIKE dealing with the sales agents for The Villages, and you would look hard and long to find someone as honest and responsible as our agent Jim McLaughlin, who has sold us both of our homes here and has purchased eight now for himself and Patti. (one at a time)

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-20-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:15 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Where the previous is basically irrelevant. Ditto who expanded the lanai so long as it is expanded. However, claiming that the previous owner is the original owner could be a real issue since it does matter to some how many people have lived in a house. I don't if he's still around but you might try contacting Jamie Soutar about this agent. He is/was an agent before being promoted. Nice guy and he might actually care about the lies told.

As to not receiving the signed closing papers, I'd be screaming at the Closing Department and Escrow Agent to get those to me TODAY. Absolutely not acceptable.

Good luck and I sincerely hope things go better for you from here on in.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-27-2016, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Old Joke....Do you know how to tell when a realtor is lying? Their lips are moving. It may not be that bad but buyer beware. I was recently told that TV listings sell for 97% of the listing price...to be sure I asked for a clarification and confirmed this to be what they said. I then moved to a MLS agent who brought me to a house I selected from the internet. We struck a deal for 12% off the listing price and then another $5000 for a roof replacement after the inspection. He pulled me to the side and recommended that I don't embarrass myself by asking for the extra $5000 because I already got a good deal on the home. This just illustrates that making the deal is #1 and many will do or say whatever is needed to get the deal done. He showed no regard for me until I asked him to take the $5000 from his commision.

The people who bought our home in NJ had a great realtor....great for us. He brought his buyers to his mortgage company, his lawyer, his inspector, his surveyor. They led these people around by the nose. It was sad. We made repairs that the inspector missed because these people were being taken advantage of by their realtor. Use your own support staff during your purchase and not your realtors pals. They are looking to get the deal done and not looking for your best interest.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblu View Post
Hi,yes, be careful, the outlines you get the promises you get may be drastically changed or dropped on the day of closing. For any transaction, be sure it is all written down and signed by both parties. If they do not care to do that, then, there is your cue, WALK AWAY.
bbbbbb
Old 07-27-2016, 09:36 AM

Correct in saying TV real estate "sales people" don't have to adhere to MLS Realtor standards.
When I was looking for my home here, my Villages sales rep would not let me put in an offer for less than 3% of asking price, even though I know at the time many properties were overpriced due to the market in general (2010) - I left him and went to MLS agent who said they were obliged to put in whatever offer a person wants to make on a property. Found a great house at the price I wanted to pay.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:09 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybye View Post
Correct in saying TV real estate "sales people" don't have to adhere to MLS Realtor standards.
When I was looking for my home here, my Villages sales rep would not let me put in an offer for less than 3% of asking price, even though I know at the time many properties were overpriced due to the market in general (2010) - I left him and went to MLS agent who said they were obliged to put in whatever offer a person wants to make on a property. Found a great house at the price I wanted to pay.
Remember...VLS sales agents are still licensed by the state of florida, hense they do have to obey Florida Laws. Your offer must be made regardless of how embarrassing the agent thought it might of been. Thats there job and the law.....

Also there is a thing called full disclosure.....but if the agent is so neglectful as to inquire about the home from the owners, then she/hes a fool, and you should have run away.

I go to open houses in the villages all the time and never let on that I am a licensed realtor. I question the agents about aspects of the homes they are sitting open house for, age of roof? boundry lines...bond balance....ect

Most of the time they know nothing and have no answers for me....ridiculos....but the good ones always say let me find that out for you.....thats the right answer.

Sales agents are out for "the transaction" sale of the home, once they got you...there job is done and they move onto the next.

Buyer Beware.......no one is looking out for you but you...
Old 07-27-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
Remember...VLS sales agents are still licensed by the state of florida, hense they do have to obey Florida Laws. Your offer must be made regardless of how embarrassing the agent thought it might of been. Thats there job and the law.....

Also there is a thing called full disclosure.....but if the agent is so neglectful as to inquire about the home from the owners, then she/hes a fool, and you should have run away.

I go to open houses in the villages all the time and never let on that I am a licensed realtor. I question the agents about aspects of the homes they are sitting open house for, age of roof? boundry lines...bond balance....ect

Most of the time they know nothing and have no answers for me....ridiculos....but the good ones always say let me find that out for you.....thats the right answer.

Sales agents are out for "the transaction" sale of the home, once they got you...there job is done and they move onto the next.

Buyer Beware.......no one is looking out for you but you...
That Is not the case here as I stated in previous post. TV sales people have their own rules. I used to be a licensed agent also, so I know the FL laws and what Realtors are required to do.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:19 PM
Veteran member

I would verify anything a sales person, especially a commissioned sales person says.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:32 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

From what I have been told by my Village sales person, The Villages runs a "tight ship". Lying or putting "pressure" on the potential buyer was enough to get a sales person fired. I purchased four homes through The Property of The Villages and the purchase and closing was 100% friendly and professional. In addition, I sold three homes through Property of The Villages and the sale and closing was indeed professional.

There can be a "bad apple" in the barrel but we never experienced one in our dealings with The Villages. Again, from what I've been told, the unprofessional and rude sales people are not tolerated by The Property of The Villages. If that has changed, it's been very recent.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybye View Post
That Is not the case here as I stated in previous post. TV sales people have their own rules. I used to be a licensed agent also, so I know the FL laws and what Realtors are required to do.
No one has to lie to sell homes here. This is the fastest growing place in the U.S. WHY would you lie to sell a house when they are lined up to buy them? There is a LOT of sour grapes among MLS realtors because they cannot sell the new homes here. If you are anonymous on this forum you could be Donald Duck or Atilla the Hun.

Just saying. JUST SAYING.

I am sure the OP is disgruntled because they found out the previous owner went to live with his daughter instead of assisted living and they are not sure WHO added the lanai and they haven't got their papers yet and the sales agent doesn't answer the phone or return emails.

What is not clear to me is whether the OP bought the house or not or is still in some kind of negotiation or what is happening with this home sale? When we closed buying both of our homes, we got all closing papers, had our pictures made, were given the mail key and the gate pass and the band played.

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-27-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
There can be a "bad apple" in the barrel but we never experienced one in our dealings with The Villages. Again, from what I've been told, the unprofessional and rude sales people are not tolerated by The Property of The Villages. If that has changed, it's been very recent.
Same here.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:11 PM
Gold member

My experience with VLS didn't work out too well, I tried to contact them to get help when looking for a home in TV, but after almost two weeks and no response, I went with an MLS agent.
I did luck out, I found a great property a super helpful agent,
and the price was right.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:29 PM
Gold member

"No one has to lie to sell homes here. This is the fastest growing place in the U.S. WHY would you lie to sell a house when they are lined up to buy them? There is a LOT of sour grapes among MLS realtors because they cannot sell the new homes here. If you are anonymous on this forum you could be Donald Duck or Atilla the Hun."

Gracie, it is obvious you are high on TV, and I love TV to.
But the reality is, there are a lot of buyers, but there are
also a lot of homes available in TV at any given time.
Quite a few homes are on the market for many days
and even months before they are finally sold.
Of course a home will sell quickly at the right price,
but conversely they can sit unsold if priced too high!
Old 07-27-2016, 04:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
"No one has to lie to sell homes here. This is the fastest growing place in the U.S. WHY would you lie to sell a house when they are lined up to buy them? There is a LOT of sour grapes among MLS realtors because they cannot sell the new homes here. If you are anonymous on this forum you could be Donald Duck or Atilla the Hun."

Gracie, it is obvious you are high on TV, and I love TV to.
But the reality is, there are a lot of buyers, but there are
also a lot of homes available in TV at any given time.
Quite a few homes are on the market for many days
and even months before they are finally sold.
Of course a home will sell quickly at the right price,
but conversely they can sit unsold if priced too high!
You are so right. I am justifiably proud of this my home town now. I was also proud of Cincinnati, my home town then.

You are right that a home will sell quickly if the owner is smart enough to stage it well, get rid of junk and have it immaculately clean and price it to sell immediately. It will not sell if the owner is trying to make a killing, because the group looking to buy homes here are a savvy bunch, and this isn't the first time they have purchased a home and they didn't get here because they bought a lottery ticket. They got here, most of them, because they started out with not much and took care of their things and managed their money carefully and saved and sacrificed and worked long hours. Most new villagers have learned a lot of stuff before they arrived here. As I said, Savvy group.

Tags
home, agents, mls, contracts, agent

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.