Music at the Squares

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2017, 11:38 AM
Veteran member
Default Music at the Squares

Has anyone else noticed the plethora of Country bands playing in the squares recently? There also seems to be a resurgence of (albeit talented) Karaoke style singers/duos. The live big bands that pack them in like Rock Shop, Rocky's and Wild are performing less. Most of the new artists are from Orlando/Tampa. Why aren't locally sourced bands like Flashback ( all village residents, 8 piece band ) featuring Dawn DiNome (local diva personality) limited to one SRO performance in the last year? BTW they are performing at Sumter Landing bandstand this Friday!

(Note to entertainment committee/person: How about a classical music evening? There are many quartets that would love to play for our citizens. We have some tremendously talented resident performers that would gladly donate their performance to a worthy charity.)

Last edited by SFSkol; 04-20-2017 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:08 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSkol View Post
Has anyone else noticed the plethora of Country bands playing in the squares recently? There also seems to be a resurgence of (albeit talented) Karaoke style singers/duos. The live big bands that pack them in like Rock Shop, Rocky's and Wild are performing less. Most of the new artists are from Orlando/Tampa. Why aren't locally sourced bands like Flashback ( all village residents, 8 piece band ) featuring Dawn DiNome (local diva personality) limited to one SRO performance in the last year? BTW they are performing at Sumter Landing bandstand this Friday!

(Note to entertainment committee/person: How about a classical music evening? There are many quartets that would love to play for our citizens. We have some tremendously talented resident performers that would gladly donate their performance to a worthy charity.)
Could be the price for a band with many members. I'm just happy to have music every night of the year with 3 venues to choose from.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
...How about a classical music evening?...
I love rock music first and foremost. But I think this is a great idea!
Old 04-20-2017, 02:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I love rock music first and foremost. But I think this is a great idea!

I agree as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-20-2017, 04:23 PM
Veteran member

I miss Lenny Wilson-I love rock and roll but Sunday nights with Lenny were a nice change of pace
Old 04-21-2017, 06:31 AM
Gold member

I'm just thankful we have entertainment every night. Who ever is playing, I can listen, and if don't like, I can move on to another square.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:57 AM
Veteran member

Loved the band last night at Sumter. 3 for The Road plus One.

Great rock 'n roll, nice slow music to dance with my DH. and songs to line dance to.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:

Since we started going to the Squares last August we have never had a night that we didn't enjoy. I never say it but I always think about exactly where we would be if we were in Jorsey, watching television most likely. We actually like Country Music now. But your correct they do play it a whole lot.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default The Adrianne Show.

The Adrianne Show

Some they setting up on Paddock Square but did not stay to listen.

Are they any good? The Adrianne Show >> About Adrianne

The Adrianne Show >> Photo Gallery
Old 04-21-2017, 04:36 PM

Awesome night!!
Closed Thread

Tags
bands, squares, music, performing, talented

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.