My Comcast experience Feb 2017

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2017, 12:26 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim32 View Post
I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones; I've had Comcast since moving to The Villages in 2001 and never really had a problem with them. Their prices are the only thing I'm a little unhappy about, but I think it's a case of you get what you pay for in this case.
Ditto jim since 2006.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

The only time you will have a problem with them is "when you have a problem!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Ditto jim since 2006.
Double ditto. Very happy with them.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
Her email bounced. Maybe she couldn't take it anymore!
Try @comcast.com

Skip
Old 02-20-2017, 01:30 AM

Quote:
I called a week before I was moving to a new home in Pine Ridge. I was told Comcast says there is an empty lot on the address I gave them . Someone promised to get back to me. No one did. I called again 3 days before I was moving. There was no record of my call. I was now issued a case #. The next day when I called back I was told I had to prove there was electricity active at the address and supply them with a statement. Since I was just establishing service the electric company emailed me a screen shot showing my name and address and active service. I had to email to the Comcast rep I was now dealing with. I was assure this person would get back to me. Never did. The next day I heard my case was closed with no notes. I was given a new case number and had to email a new person proof of my electric service. I was assure she would take care of it. The following day I emailed her 2x and asked for an update. No response. The evening of the day I moved in....now 9 days from my first call to Comcast I call again. Now a new rep tells me he will look into it and promised to definitively find out the situation. As I waited for his call. I called Spectrum. I was told they service my address and could install me the next day, a Saturday. I agreed. The Comcast rep calls me back and tells me someone is standing by and he needs proof I have electrical service. ( the third request) and that it could take 6 days for them to determine if I could have service there. There was another Comcast person that I spoke to in between one of these other calls that was telling me permits had to be pulled. That conversation was short. After I hear the third request for electric service proof and a 6 day answer I told him I was canceling Comcast and switching to Spectrum. Spectrum installed service in less than 24 hours. It's too bad as I prefer Comcast but I had had enough. BTW, the house across the street has Comcast service.
Aye Caramba!
Old 02-22-2017, 09:00 PM
Veteran member
Default Comcast update

5 days after I moved in and 4 days with Spectrum/Brighthouse..I get a call from one of the Comcast reps who did follow through and told me they now have my home in their system and I can install Comcast. I would have liked to tell them sorry but I have switched due to Comcast problems but I dislike the Spectrum remote so bad and missed the 'voice search' that Comcast has ( on its upgraded DVR) I am switching. The rep said they could install today...and 30 minutes later they were at my door. Smooth as silk. Here are the benefits Comcast has over the others: Best remote in the biz, The Villages TV and radio stations on the Comcast channels 2 and 99. VOIVE SEARCH...even on Netflix via Comcast.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
5 days after I moved in and 4 days with Spectrum/Brighthouse..I get a call from one of the Comcast reps who did follow through and told me they now have my home in their system and I can install Comcast. I would have liked to tell them sorry but I have switched due to Comcast problems but I dislike the Spectrum remote so bad and missed the 'voice search' that Comcast has ( on its upgraded DVR) I am switching. The rep said they could install today...and 30 minutes later they were at my door. Smooth as silk. Here are the benefits Comcast has over the others: Best remote in the biz, The Villages TV and radio stations on the Comcast channels 2 and 99. VOIVE SEARCH...even on Netflix via Comcast.
Unless that remote can get you a beer from the fridge and wash your car, you are making a huge mistake.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavy Chips View Post
Unless that remote can get you a beer from the fridge and wash your car, you are making a huge mistake.
really, xfinity has the fastest internet in TV, (75 to 100mb, where others are at 2-4 I think) you can 4K Netflix (need 35mb for that), and the voice thing is cool. If I need a beer, I ask the dog.

The remote is pretty nice IMHO

And no, I don't work for them, I don't work.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
really, xfinity has the fastest internet in TV, (75 to 100mb, where others are at 2-4 I think) you can 4K Netflix (need 35mb for that), and the voice thing is cool. If I need a beer, I ask the dog.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:12 AM
Veteran member

I recently had some dealings with Comcast. About a week ago my Internet speed was down to near Zero. I called and got tech services, We tried numerous things I even went and got a new modem from them. Arrange for a tech to come to the house, Which happened the next day. I couldn't be happier. The fellow that came to the house was knowledgeable And went about his business in a professional way. Had the problem resolved in about two hours,And arrange for another tech to come to the main box next day To take out some of the flux that was still in the line. I think the fella's name was Jason Tht came to the house I have nothing but good to say about the whole operation
Old 02-23-2017, 09:29 AM
Gold member

We really need some stronger consumer protection laws that have some teeth. The cellphone, TV, and internet industries have a near monopoly and no consequences for bad service and price gouging. They hold all the cards as they have a much more effective lobbying team than consumers have.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:47 AM
Sage

There is a lot of competition in The Villages. If you are unhappy, switch to someone else. For example, we have 5 choices for TV if you are south of 466a, 4 if you are above 466a.

CenturyLink
Comcast
Spectrum (aka Brighthouse, below 466a)
Dish
DirectTV

You can also get your TV free via an Over-the Air antenna.

You have 3 choices for internet:

CenturyLink
Comcast
Spectrum (again, below 466a)

plus you can also go cellular (although not recommended).

For cellphone, you have the usual suspects:

Verizon
AT&T
TMobile
+ a host of smaller outfits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
We really need some stronger consumer protection laws that have some teeth. The cellphone, TV, and internet industries have a near monopoly and no consequences for bad service and price gouging. They hold all the cards as they have a much more effective lobbying team than consumers have.

Last edited by biker1; 02-23-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:49 AM
Sage

Actually, CenturyLink has the fastest internet with a 1 gigabit/sec offering if you have fiber to your house. It is not clear to me what you would do with the bandwidth but it is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post

Old 02-23-2017, 01:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchase View Post
Call Deb Brainard, Comcast manager. She'll get things done. 904-256-1800
Email
Debbie_Brainard@cable.com
Also assistant manager is Gary Hicks - 352-630-7139
I've had good luck with both.
I just called Gary Hicks, there is a recording on his phone that his mail box isn't set up.
I just called Deb Brainard, there is a recording on her phone that says she is out of the office until January 26.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
I recently had some dealings with Comcast. About a week ago my Internet speed was down to near Zero. I called and got tech services, We tried numerous things I even went and got a new modem from them. Arrange for a tech to come to the house, Which happened the next day. I couldn't be happier. The fellow that came to the house was knowledgeable And went about his business in a professional way. Had the problem resolved in about two hours,And arrange for another tech to come to the main box next day To take out some of the flux that was still in the line. I think the fella's name was Jason Tht came to the house I have nothing but good to say about the whole operation
Wow, first, Comcast failed to deliver the service you were paying for, next, you went out yourself to get a new modem, spent 2 hours of your time on the second day to get the service fixed, then arranged for another service call on the 3rd day to complete the "fix." Sure, you are retired with all the time in the world, but that is not good service. But hey, the remote is amazing!
Closed Thread

Tags
service, comcast, day, call, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.