my day in Comcast hell

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2016, 05:33 PM
Platinum member
Default my day in Comcast hell

sat down at noon to enjoy a football game and my Xfinity not working. Did the reboot....still not working. Called Comcast....long wait. then Tech tried rebooting from his end....went on for and hour....then said would transfer me to Tech 2. On hold again long time....I was using a voice over internet phone...and then the internet went out. used cell to call to get internet reinstated....on hold again long time...but did get internet back....asked to be connected to tech 2 as I had been on hold for that.....on hold very long time....got agent who stated she was Tech 1....on hold again for Tech 2....now easily 3pm. They finally said would have technician come out but won't be until middle of next week but they would put a request for emergency expediting....said if I didn't hear from someone to call back in 2 hours. Waited 3 hours then called....you guessed it...long time on hold....told by agent the request is in and I should get a call within 24 hours.....thank goodness I have a Roku....plus they are offering 2 months free of Hulu plus so I'm enjoying all the new shows....but beware Comcast...I'm sitting here adding up how much it would be if I just use Roku, Amazon Prime, and Hulu....and saying goodbye to the malfunctioning cable box. It's now 6:30pm and I'm done with Comcast and no better off than when I started.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:35 PM

I feel your pain. Six hours I've spent since Tuesday on phone and with techs from Comcast.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:32 PM

I feel your pain. I have X1 platform and it is great as long as you don't have any trouble. My box went out sometime yesterday afternoon (Friday). I unplugged everything and that did not help. Called Comcast and after the usual delays tech sent a signal to restore. Nothing worked??? Found out that their shop in Leesburg is open on Saturdays so took the box down and after waiting for 30 minutes finally made it to front of the line and was told the they were out of X1 boxes. Can you believe that. This is their big central warehouse/shop. During all this I spoke with 3 different customer service reps who knew less about the X1 box than I did. I have no idea how Comcast stays in business, they are the absolute worst. I am involved in a major project that will take me in and out of town next 10 days and I will not let a tech rep in my house without my being there. Will just have to grin and bear it for time being. When all is said and done, will be looking at alternatives.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We have DirecTv and love it. It was working even during that storm about a month ago. If you can put up with interuptions for a few minutes once in a great while then you have found your solution rite here and now. Loose CoNcast your life will improve vastly.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:23 PM
Veteran member

We have had Comcast for 14 months with no problems and just got new equipment which is by far the best TV system we have ever had. We love Comcast and hope it stays that way !

Old 09-24-2016, 10:51 PM
Sage

Last edited by Barefoot; 09-25-2016 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Question
Old 09-25-2016, 07:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Wink Agree Direct TV

Could not agree more with Direct TV. About 1 1/2half years ago got fed up with Comcast and went to Direct TV. Sorry I had waited so long. Had Comcast for years and put up with their total disrespect for their customers. Cannot say enough good about Direct TV.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:53 AM

Great! We're coming back to Florida from Ohio for 6 months and I planned to re-hook up with Comcast. We do have a DirecTV dish attached to our home, so we have both options. But even our Time Warner Cable (soon to be Spectrum) in Ohio has its problems, like not being able to get on the Internet intermittently from 3 to 5 p.m. daily because there's not enough bandwidth. It seems like a crapshoot, no matter which way you go. We're mulling over the situation. It's like voting for President: You choose between the lesser of two evils.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
We have had Comcast for 14 months with no problems and just got new equipment which is by far the best TV system we have ever had. We love Comcast and hope it stays that way !
Samer here. Could'nt be happier. Not to mention, Comcast has a shop on 27/441 across from the Walmart. I went in to pick up a new DVR the other day. One person in front me. I was in and out in less time than it took to park my car.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:33 AM
Platinum member

I, too, have been happy with Comcast. And all the reps were exceedingly polite. Just wish they realized they would have to send a tech out sooner. and they should have slots put aside for customers who already have equipment that malfunctioned. It was obviously after all the first reboots that this was a problem that needed someone to come out. It's interesting because I have heard from a few people that they recently had problems requiring someone to come out. Seems odd....
Old 09-25-2016, 09:36 AM
Default Directv wiring ??

I agree I love Directv. Used it for years up north. I didn't go with Directv here because I am concerned about the wiring.

Up north they drilled a hole in my wall and strung 2 cables across the room to the set top box.

For anyone the has installed Directv how did they wire from the dish to the box? I don't want wires running all over the house. Please give me some insight.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2016, 09:54 AM
Veteran member

In our house (built on 2013) DirecTV used the cable TV wiring that is already part of the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrdr View Post
I agree I love Directv. Used it for years up north. I didn't go with Directv here because I am concerned about the wiring.

Up north they drilled a hole in my wall and strung 2 cables across the room to the set top box.

For anyone the has installed Directv how did they wire from the dish to the box? I don't want wires running all over the house. Please give me some insight.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2016, 10:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Could not agree more with Direct TV. About 1 1/2half years ago got fed up with Comcast and went to Direct TV.
When you have DirecTV for television, who do you use for internet access?
Old 09-25-2016, 01:59 PM
Gold member

Another vote for DirecTV
Old 09-25-2016, 04:33 PM

Don't want to jinx myself, but have been very happy with Comcast and tech support when I've needed it.
Closed Thread

Tags
hold, tech, long, time, comcast

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.