Need ideas for what do with toddler visitors

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2015, 05:56 AM
Default Need ideas for what do with toddler visitors

2 year 5 month old grand daughter, baby brother and parents coming over labor day weekend. Any suggestions for what we might do. We think we will wait until she's older for Disney visit.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:42 AM

Hi! You are so blessed to have your grandchildren
Visit in TV. My cousin always took her kiddies to
Uncle Donald's Farm, not too far from Spanish Springs.
All 3 of yours are kind of young still for other activities.
Just a suggestion here- set up a small play area in
Your home and read & play w/them while their parents
Go out for a few hours. I honk everyone benefits here!
Old 08-29-2015, 08:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbrandt View Post
2 year 5 month old grand daughter, baby brother and parents coming over labor day weekend. Any suggestions for what we might do. We think we will wait until she's older for Disney visit.
You may want to post that you would like to borrow some toys for a 2 year old. We always borrowed toys from our friends and neighbors when our grandkids come to town. Parents just don't have the room to carry all of those large toys when they travel. Or visit some garage sales and pick up some.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:12 AM
Sage

Kids love the water! I'll bet a lot of pool time will make them happy. Take them to the playground in Sumter...its smaller so not overwhelming. By a plastic set of golf clubs and a whiffle ball. The 2 year old will get a kick out of trying to hit the ball. Take them to Get ice cream. A boat ride on Sumter will also be fun. I'm sure the golf cart will be a big hit too! Enjoy your grand kids!!
Old 08-29-2015, 09:50 AM
Sage

Throw a blanket over a couple of kitchen chairs in a square that are backwards. There's something about getting inside a tent with a couple of little stuffed animals or the like and hearing their little voices make up a story. Get in there too, if you can. You don't need much more than an imagination and being a good listener. I envy you.
Sock puppets are fun too.

Last edited by tomwed; 08-30-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:06 AM

Put some water in an empty dish soap bottle and squirt designs on the driveway. Get short children's books from the library or Goodwill. Board books that are maybe 8 pages are good. Make funny voices when you read. Have your granddaughter fingerprint in the lid of your dishwasher. Rinse away when done. Throw newspaper down on the floor first. Videotape her giggling, it is the best sound in the world.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:54 AM
Veteran member

When we brought my baby grandchildren, they loved two things the most - The Music on the squares every night and the POOL.... you can't go wrong with those. Pick an upbeat band or DJ. My 6 month old grandson LOVED Scooter the DJ.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 08-29-2015, 11:41 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

There's a really nice park in Lady Lake by the library. My grandson loved it at that age. I really don't like petting zoos for toddlers. Too easy for them to get frightened. The squares are always enjoyable. They love to dance at that age. Just keep a very watchful eye on them and don't dance in the middle of the crowds or near the line dancers. Pools are a big hit but I found the golf cart was the absolute bomb, even just a ride up and down the street. Be sure and have some bubbles to blow and pop, both for the yard and the golf cart. And, of course, a large ball to chase.

The nice thing about toddlers is they really don't have to be entertained. The world is too new and magical to them.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-29-2015, 12:45 PM
Gold member

If you live on the south end, there is a really great park on Powell road south of 466A.

It is a very large playground, new and in good condition, fenced with picnic tables too. We had a Birthday Party there for our Grandson who turned 1 during their visit. We had 10 grandkids here that visit ranging in age from the 1 yr old to 18. The older kids played soccer on the fields directly adjacent to the fenced playground. Rest rooms there too.

Take them inside the Barn Storm theater. You don't need tickets to go into the lobby and see the tractor and barnyard corral there. Then next door to "Scooples" or "Dunkin Donuts" for treats.

Occasionally they do carriage rides around Brownwood too.

Golf cart rides, the squares and the pools, and boat ride around Lake Sumter, as mentioned, will keep them happy. The trolley tour is fun too. Kids like anything that moves!

Be sure to have a noodle, sand bucket and shovel, and wide brimmed hat for the pool.

Our grandkids have more fun here than at the theme parks!
Old 08-30-2015, 10:37 AM

My grandson loved his visit to Barnes & Noble. They have a children's area complete with train set on a table; also a small stage and picnic table.
Golf cart through the tunnels was also a big winner. Enjoy
Old 08-31-2015, 08:00 PM

Wow, thanks for all the great ideas. I had thought of a few ideas but you all came up with some terrific ones. My granddaughter loves trains and construction vehicles so I thought we would go try to ride the wood fired train in Mt Dora but it only runs on Saturday and they arrive too late. So now I'll save that for another visit and use some of the suggestions made here. Thanks again, you all are terrific.
Closed Thread

Tags
suggestions, day, labor, weekend, wait, disney, visit, older, shes, year, visitors, toddler, ideas, month, parents, brother, baby, grand, daughter, coming

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.