New Shopping Mall????

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhappyday View Post
There is land out past 44 on the 301 that is being cleared. Assumed some short of shopping but not thinking the area is big enough for a mall. I have been thinking with the amount of people in the lady lake / villages area a mall would do well. Was also thinking they need to get a Hobby Lobby in here too!! We weren't impressed by the mall in Ocala so I don't get to go up there anymore. Not running all that way just for Hobby Lobby. Come on developers!! There is all that nice land next to lowes being worked...whats going in there??
What is Hobby Lobby anyways? We just got one in our town.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 07-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Gold member

Hobby Lobby is a wonderful chain store. Much like Michaels, Jo Ann's fabric and Home Goods wrapped into one.
Great store for decorating ideas etc! Wonderful concept, good quality!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Mall rumors have "floated about" for the last eight years that we have lived full and part-time in TV. The per capita income of soon to be 120,000 TV residents and surrounding communities of a like number could draw such building near Brownwood. It is more likely to be an Open Mall with anchor stores rather than a covered Mall. Only time will tell but meantime just rumors.
The major demographic that developers and retail stores are seeking is the 25 yrs. and younger. I am using Trader Joe"s as an example. Check their own web site for verification.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Veteran member

hobby lobby is opening in mt dora. not exactly helpful for tv.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Eternal Member

There is a Hobby Lobby in Ocala on rt 200.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,274 Times in 2,360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
What is Hobby Lobby anyways? We just got one in our town.
Lot of junk/junque from China.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:30 AM
Platinum member

There is a huge open mall just off the turnpike heading south. It's at the exit that goes to Disney World. I believe it's in Winter Garden and I think the route number is 429. Huge area and probably 150-200 stores. It's a little over 30 minute drive, but that's about how long it takes to get to Ocala and my wife says it's much better than Paddock Mall.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-24-2013, 07:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj1213 View Post
I too have heard the "rumors" of a mall. But I did get this from TV's commercial development site.

Antrim Dells
Antrim Dells is a 500,000 square feet power center in the development phase that will neighbor Brownwood on State Rd 44.

Antrim Dells is the same ones that have the Dillard's mall in Ocala. I have heard if we do get a mall it won't be a large or enclosed mall. But who knows, if ... when... or what stores.
Antrim Dells at SR 44/Buena Vista Blvd/Heritage Blvd was a proposed mall at one time. Currently, the property is up for sale. Oxford Real Estate, Oxford Homes, Oxford Investment Property - Oxford Land Company
Old 07-24-2013, 07:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Antrim Dells at SR 44/Buena Vista Blvd/Heritage Blvd was a proposed mall at one time. Currently, the property is up for sale. Oxford Real Estate, Oxford Homes, Oxford Investment Property - Oxford Land Company
I think you have identified the wrong parcel. I believe that Antrim Dells is intended to be built in the area west of Brownwood which is incorrectly labeled Central Florida Health Alliance Hospital.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Eternal Member

Mike

You are correct. Antrim Dells is a section that is west of Brownwood with RT 44 on the south and 44a on the north. It is west of Powell Rd. There use to be a section on TV Commercial web page all about it. I just did a quick search and did not find it now. It was also mentioned in previous posts here on TOTV.

VG
Old 07-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
I saw a plot plan of a new shopping center in the brownswood area that is called Antrim Dells. You may want to access this URL.
As for whether we need more shopping, if you live near 466a you would find that we are very limited for retail stores and they are all very far away. We have to drive 10 mins to pick up something we need at the grocery. We have to drive 25 mins to Kohls, Best Buy, Home Depot, Target, etc. In a golf cart you can double that time. We spend way too much time in the car and way too much money on gas since the only gas station down here is usually 5-10 cents higher per gallon since they have no competition.I wonder how you would feel if you were in this situation? Sweetbay and Publix will both have stores there which will cut our time in half and hopefully take some of the pressure off the stores at Colony Plaza. The Publix there does a million dollars of business per week and anyone who has ever shopped there can tell you what a zoo it is getting through the store. It is way over crowded, under stocked (probably due to the volume,) and does not have anywhere the selection the Publix stores on 441 have.
I guess the "nefarious" developer is answering some of the request from the people near 446A.
Like it or not, TV has become a medium sized town and the people in that town ALL need their needs met. IMHO maybe when we post here we should consider that there are many need other than our own.
Have a Happy New Year dear Villagers.
Here is a URL you might enjoy Brownwood Paddock Square
I agree with everything said except the part about the publix on 441 having a better selection than colony. they have exactly the same lines of products and selection. As far as being stocked, depends what time of day you shop. If you see something empty just ask a stock clerk and if they have it they get it for you.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
2 problems, one is the status of the parcel is 'withdrawn'
and 2, that is not the anterim dells parcel.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Veteran member

Antrim Dells is on the east side of Brownwood. It is also called Unit 966. If you go down Buena Vista past 44a, the next circle turn left that is East Torch Drive. Was panned as shopping mall-plaza deal. It is now all housing like Edgewater Bungalos by the Water Front Inn. Like 175 houses.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.