News from the Fenney bus riders

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2017, 11:26 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default News from the Fenney bus riders

While I have yet to ride the bus through Fenney, one person who did said she would rather move back to California than to live in Fenney. She thought the prices of the homes, golf cart rental, and surrounding views were not desirable. As others may have differing opinions, I am all ears for those that have made the trip. I will try to make the bus ride in March
Old 02-28-2017, 11:42 AM
Veteran member

golf cart rental????????????
Old 02-28-2017, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
While I have yet to ride the bus through Fenney, one person who did said she would rather move back to California than to live in Fenney. She thought the prices of the homes, golf cart rental, and surrounding views were not desirable. As others may have differing opinions, I am all ears for those that have made the trip. I will try to make the bus ride in March
What is a Fenney Bus Rider? I just read last week on this Forum that a Patio Villa was offered in Fenney at $135K...I am almost certain of that. At least that is what a poster wrote. That is an amazing price. (If true) Perhaps she wanted to move back to California because of the demographics of our population??? Old? Republ.......Whoops. I almost said it.

Surrounding views? That would be????

I am confused. Are you referring to the Free Tour Bus ride that The Villages Sales Department offers to anyone interested that provides them with some fun information and views of our home town and shows them new builds????

I have never heard anyone who didn't enjoy the tour bus and the very personable tour guides.

Pray tell us more.............Golf Cart Rental .......IN FENNEY? Who what when where why how little how much how big how so?
Old 02-28-2017, 12:03 PM
Location: New York, New Jersey and now The Villages (Virginia Trace)

Hi Gracie. I am going on tour this Friday. I will let you know. I did hear that there was ugly landscape (trailers littered with junk) along 468. I will check it out.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:43 PM
Gold member
Default Fenney bus ride and tour

We drove to Brownwood, parked the golf cart, stood on line for 5 minutes and boarded a bus to Fenney. Nice ride out there. The entrance is beautiful. The towering trees and pretty winding streets were welcoming. As we stepped off the bus, Jennifer Morse greeted everyone. She looked excited and was so friendly. I was with my dad and he needed a golf cart ride to the first set of homes to tour through. Jennifer's son drove up immediately and picked us up. What a nice young man. After seeing the new furnished designer homes we were taken to the new recreation center. Just beautiful, nothing short of typical Morse design and beauty. We proceeded to tour more homes and styles and were picked up again with a golf cart to the other end of where they are building and again boarded the bus back to Brownwood. Just so you know, there were restrooms available and small tents where they offered cold water. We feel so fortunate to live here in TV. My hats off to The Morse family. The vision continues.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:56 PM

Great review, MissyPie. Thank you for sharing.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

From what I've seen online in the Real Estate section the prices appear cheaper perhaps because at this time there's really not much there. Ofcourse there's going to be trailers and the like around. I'm sure there doing a fine job just give them some time.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:16 PM

We just returned from a lovely 10a tour. We thought Fenney was beautiful. MissyPie is spot on! We did assume that we would be on the shuttle bus for the tour. There is some walking involved if you want to get out and look inside the rec center and many of the homes that are also open. They do have free bottled water. Anxious to go back in a month or so to see the courtyard villas and more!
Old 02-28-2017, 01:26 PM
Eternal Member

Sounds like the Morse family is spot on as always!! I love it !!
Old 02-28-2017, 01:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoe View Post
Hi Gracie. I am going on tour this Friday. I will let you know. I did hear that there was ugly landscape (trailers littered with junk) along 468. I will check it out.
Not unusual............you can see that along 466,466A and 44.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:03 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Everyone sees things differently, and I am pleased to hear from others that Fenney is beautiful. I would enjoy hearing from more people who have taken the bus tour of Fenney. What prices were they quoted and how do golf carts fit in with that new community.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:07 PM

I believe that The Villages app has several of the new houses listed for sale.
edit: They are also on the website

Last edited by Reiver; 02-28-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:13 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
I believe that The Villages app has several of the new houses listed for sale.
Your are correct. The price of the one Bridgeport listed is comparable.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Everyone sees things differently, and I am pleased to hear from others that Fenney is beautiful. I would enjoy hearing from more people who have taken the bus tour of Fenney. What prices were they quoted and how do golf carts fit in with that new community.
Oh Twoplane. You are up in Urbana and getting news from afar. Is that what this is all about? You need to live here year 'round like many of us do. I miss Ohio to be sure but I like shoveling sunshine.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:21 PM
Platinum member

I would take the tour tomorrow but it is sold out! So, I must wait until March 6th thru 12th. However, picklebaLL does come first.
Closed Thread

Tags
bus, riders, fenney, news

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.