No Mosquitoes

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Default Thanks for no mosquitos

I also applaud whoever is doing the mosquito control job. It has to be more than spraying and pretty all encompassing. I've lived here for over 10 years and can count on one hand the number of mosquitoes I've seen while in the Villages.

I went down to that rodeo site on 466A last year. We were vigorously attacked by mosquitoes and had to leave within an hour. I think this helps prove that the villages are enhancing the county efforts. Keep it up.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Mikey,
Chances are the bites on your ankles are actually chiggers and not mosquitoes.

Chigger bites are really itchy and last much longer than mosquito bites. The chiggers are tiny red bugs about the size of a pin head and are in the grass.

Dab ammonia on them or use After-Bite for relief of the itching.
Is there something good to use to PREVENT the chigger bites. Got a lot on my ankles last year and they hurt and itch like hell!
Old 08-01-2015, 08:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Buckeyes View Post
Is there something good to use to PREVENT the chigger bites. Got a lot on my ankles last year and they hurt and itch like hell!
When I would go out into the woods, my friend would have a sock filled with sulfer powder, I think. We would slap that against our ankles and that seemed to keep them at bay.
Closed Thread

Tags
mosquito, living, florida, benefits, mosquitoes, magnet, central, bite, suffer, compound, venture, miles, imo, top, creatures, exist, couple, attacked, lived, unique, environment, free, find, beaches/barrier, islands

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.