Off roading to walmart

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2014, 10:00 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Please Don't Take Your Eye Off The Ball

Too many villagers are bouncing all over this issue and they need to stay focused on the main issue at hand.

Forget Ron Brown his business dealings caused him to landlock himself and now he is crying foul.

The majority of villagers should also forget about access to Walmart etc that is a non issue and gaining golf access and losing the gate is a loser.

Stonecrest is not giving up on securing access to The Villages. Why?
Stonecrest solicited the help of a former senator to gain access. Why?
Stonecrest residents who have rental property in The Villages are passing their gate passes to Stonecrest neighbors. Why?

Listen carefully please. We paid premium dollars for a by-in to the Lifestyle in The Villages. We pay for its schools we pay for its facilities and we pay for all amenities which include our multi-modal pathways.

People who chose surrounding communities did so because hey did not want to make the same financial investment that we did.

Why are people from Stonecrest and Iother nearby communities so intent on DEMANDING access? What right do they have in demanding golf cart access utilizing our pathway system?

If a landlord living outside The Villages but renting property in The Villages can hand his friend a gate pass what other forms of ID can he create for him? what about guess passes?

I have been here 8 years and there have been some very clever manners in which outsiders have breached amenities. How about the outsiders who were sneaking on the executive courses late day.

I am probably one of the few that wished the wall remained in place.

I support the installation of the gate and I desire stronger measures for keeping outsiders off our pathways.

The pathways already look like I-4 what do you think they will be like when build out is complete?

Then main focus for villagers should be this YOU PAID PREMIUM DOLLARS AND CONTINUE TO PAY SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNTS FOR THE PRIVILEDGE OF LIVING HERE. THE MORE PEOPLE USING THESE AMENITIES THE LESS YOUR QUALITY OF LIVING AS THEY ARE INVERSELY RELATED. NON VILLAGERS WANT A FREE RIDE AND THOSE WELL MEANING VILLAGERS WHO DON'T SEEM TO OBJECT FORGET HOW QUICKLY THIS ALL COULD TURN OUT BADLY FOR THEM AND DON'T SEEM TO HAVE THE SAME CONCERN FOR THEIR VILLAGE NEIGHBORS
Old 10-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I have to agree that I have no empathy for those who chose not to live here but want our privileges. And many of those people are the same ones that slam The Villages. Go figure.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Angry

I don't want outsiders using our MM paths, and I'm not afraid to say so!!!

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 10-25-2014, 04:13 PM
Veteran member

There are two way to use the MM Paths. Rent a cart and buy a street legal cart.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
There are two way to use the MM Paths. Rent a cart and buy a street legal cart.

Can a street legal cart (limited to 35MPH max) legally drive on 441, or cross 441?
Old 10-25-2014, 05:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Can a street legal cart (limited to 35MPH max) legally drive on 441, or cross 441?
A Street Legal Cart can cross any Highway or Road where the posted speed limit is greater than 35 MPH as long as the road on the opposite side is 35 MPH or less. So the short answer is they may cross 441/27. It was interesting today as I saw a cart with a legal Ohio Plate. In Ohio you can get a Lic. Plate on any cart without all the additional equipment involved. I was wondering when that may happen. Now can that cart be operated on Florida Streets since it is a legal street legal cart in Ohio but does not meet the Florida Regulations. I would really like to hear that conversation with the officer. Also since the crossing at Spruce Creek across 441 has been approved it seems that more non-street legal carts are crossing 441 just about anywhere they care to cross.

Street Legal Carts are not allowed to go faster than 25 MPH. You can get a ticket if you are clocked at 35 MPH.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
A Street Legal Cart can cross any Highway or Road where the posted speed limit is greater than 35 MPH as long as the road on the opposite side is 35 MPH or less. So the short answer is they may cross 441/27. It was interesting today as I saw a cart with a legal Ohio Plate. In Ohio you can get a Lic. Plate on any cart without all the additional equipment involved. I was wondering when that may happen. Now can that cart be operated on Florida Streets since it is a legal street legal cart in Ohio but does not meet the Florida Regulations. I would really like to hear that conversation with the officer. Also since the crossing at Spruce Creek across 441 has been approved it seems that more non-street legal carts are crossing 441 just about anywhere they care to cross.

Street Legal Carts are not allowed to go faster than 25 MPH. You can get a ticket if you are clocked at 35 MPH.

Thank you. I learn something new everyday.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:03 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

That's pretty interesting about the Ohio golf cart. Just because it's plates may be legal I don't see how being operated in another state makes it legal. Not also to mention the dealing with an insurance company in the event of an accident. I would think the lack of safety equipment would void the legality of having it on a public road.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Just what sort of additional safety equipment you think is required for a street legal golf cart?
Old 10-25-2014, 09:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
That's pretty interesting about the Ohio golf cart. Just because it's plates may be legal I don't see how being operated in another state makes it legal. Not also to mention the dealing with an insurance company in the event of an accident. I would think the lack of safety equipment would void the legality of having it on a public road.
I have not looked at Florida Law but any auto with an out of state plate is legal to drive in Florida. Now with a legal Ohio Plate and registration to drive as a slow speed vehicle in Ohio would the same law that allows Ohio registered vehicles to operate on Florida roads also be applied to legal Ohio Slow Speed Vehicles?
Old 10-26-2014, 09:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
Just what sort of additional safety equipment you think is required for a street legal golf cart?
One-piece windshield (top half doesn't fold down), windshield wiper, brakes on each wheel, seat belts, plus the obvious headlights, tail lights, brake lights, directional signals.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:34 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
One-piece windshield (top half doesn't fold down), windshield wiper, brakes on each wheel, seat belts, plus the obvious headlights, tail lights, brake lights, directional signals.
windshield wiper not required
reflectors on both sides and rear
must have a VIN

must be insured and driver must be licensed

cannot be capable of exceeding 25 mph
Old 10-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
windshield wiper not required
reflectors on both sides and rear
must have a VIN

must be insured and driver must be licensed

cannot be capable of exceeding 25 mph
I saw a street legal cart the other day at Wal-Mart with a split windshield.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I saw a street legal cart the other day at Wal-Mart with a split windshield.
Good for you. Why are you quoting me? I never said they had to have a solid windshield.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:12 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Its not a surprise that street legal carts are committing infractions since the state of Florida doesn't do an annual auto inspection.

As to street legal carts. since going over 20 mph can get a owner a huge fine and the penalty is really to slow speed on the multi-modal paths it would seem that street legal golf carts should not be permitted on multi-modal paths.

It all comes down to one issue some people want something for nothing and if those paying the bill don't speak up aggressively then we all will pay the penalty. This is not personal this is about business and I don't believe those non villagers that want access by golf cart and can't get it will make any difference as to profits because of the villages population along with their guests along with those outside the villages who normally travel by car anyway.
SO THE WE SUPPORT BUSINESS IN TV RED HERRING RESPONSE FROM US SHOULD BE THAT DOG WON'T HUNT
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.