Pathetic showing

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2016, 03:14 PM
Platinum member
Default Music or clothing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureenod View Post
I wasn't at the show, but I do like country music. My complaint is the way they dress....old jeans, dirty tee shirts. Last country band I saw was Vince Gill and true to form, that is the way they were all dressed, which I found insulting. Maybe they should show some respect for the audience if they expect applause. Just my opinion.
I usually go for the music. Some like to project the outlaw image. Tattoos would influence my opinion if based on personal appearace, but it isn't.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

All the those who are making general accusations and statements about residents and behavior based on a specific incident or worse hearsay.....your minority reports are duly noted!!
Old 06-29-2016, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
All the those who are making general accusations and statements about residents and behavior based on a specific incident or worse hearsay.....your minority reports are duly noted!!
Once again the voice of wisdom
Old 06-29-2016, 05:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Well said.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:54 PM
Sage

I am not sure I follow your point. They paid their ticket price and can sit there and not applaud if that floats their boat. The entertainer gets paid regardless of the applause. Never be embarrassed by people you don't know - the only thing that is a reflection on you is your own behavior. What others do is on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Last night, the 8 pm show, Sammy Kershaw.
The whole 1st 2 rows were taken up by zombies who never smiled and barely clapped. The 3rd row was mostly empty.
I find it hard to believe that these idiots actually paid for tickets to this show. (TV holds back prime seats to shows so they can give them away)
We didn't even get to hear his best 2 songs because they were saved for the encore, which didn't happen because all he looked down and saw were people who looked like they didn't even want to be there.
I sure hope the audience at the 5 pm show treated him better. I was embarrassed for TV.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:37 PM

Did it surprise anyone else at the Jimmy Bluffett show at Savannah (early show, Tuesday 6/28) that the band left the stage at 6:22 and did not return for an encore? I was surprised.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I was going to ask the same question when I first posted but didn't have the courage. thank you
Me too. Miss Chicken likes to get after me so I didn't want to give her reason to.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:00 PM
Veteran member

I was at the 8 pm Sammy Kershaw show sitting in the second row with my wife. We enjoyed the show, let the performer know we enjoyed it with applause, and had a great time. What I noticed the most was that the place was only half full. I certainly had no beef with others sitting near me.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Last night, the 8 pm show, Sammy Kershaw.
The whole 1st 2 rows were taken up by zombies who never smiled and barely clapped. The 3rd row was mostly empty.
I find it hard to believe that these idiots actually paid for tickets to this show...
We didn't even get to hear his best 2 songs because they were saved for the encore, which didn't happen because all he looked down and saw were people who looked like they didn't even want to be there.
I sure hope the audience at the 5 pm show treated him better. I was embarrassed for TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
I am not sure I follow your point. They paid their ticket price and can sit there and not applaud if that floats their boat. The entertainer gets paid regardless of the applause. Never be embarrassed by people you don't know - the only thing that is a reflection on you is your own behavior. What others do is on them.
Exactly right. Nobody OWES attendance at an event to anybody... even Villagers. Then, the OP insults the people who actually bought tickets for not smiling and clapping enough (maybe he meant they were idiots for buying tickets to see this guy). According to the OP Kershaw didn't even sing "his best 2 songs" during the show because apparently nobody was enjoying his show and he passed on the encore. HE should be embarrassed for not delivering the goods to people who actually paid to see him.

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 06-30-2016, 07:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt. View Post
Exactly right. Nobody OWES attendance at an event to anybody... even Villagers. Then, the OP insults the people who actually bought tickets for not smiling and clapping enough (maybe he meant they were idiots for buying tickets to see this guy). According to the OP Kershaw didn't even sing "his best 2 songs" during the show because apparently nobody was enjoying his show and he passed on the encore. HE should be embarrassed for not delivering the goods to people who actually paid to see him.
Agree. Insult has never been, and will never be, a good way to make a point.
Closed Thread

Tags
show, looked, hear, songs, treated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.