Polo info please

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2015, 09:32 AM
Gold member
Default Polo info please

We plan to attend our first polo match on the 25th. We will be taking our daughter and her family.

Checking out the Polo website info it seems that we can get general admission tickets and either tailgate or sit in the lower stadium.

We are leaning toward tailgating and taking a picnic.

So is the tailgating limited to golf carts? Or can we bring a car and folding chairs etc.?

In scanning the ticket options they mention free parking for season pass holders. But no other mention of a parking fee. Is there a parking fee if you are tailgating?

Obviously our first game.....suggestions and replies appreciated!
Old 10-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Gold member
Default No replies? 8-((

No Polo fans out there to answer a few questions...Bummer!

I was also hoping to find out how the half time Divot stomp works. Today's game has restaurants sponsoring the divot stomp. Do you buy drinks from them to be able to participate in the divot stomp?

Still looking for info......
Old 10-11-2015, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Why not call the contact number on the web site?
Old 10-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
No Polo fans out there to answer a few questions...Bummer!

I was also hoping to find out how the half time Divot stomp works. Today's game has restaurants sponsoring the divot stomp. Do you buy drinks from them to be able to participate in the divot stomp?

Still looking for info......
No parking fee. No extra fee to tailgate.No fee to participate in the divot stomp.
iMO, if it is your first game, it is better to sit in the stadium with General Admission ticket. There are a lot of avid polo fans that sit in this area and gladly explain the game and answer all your questions.
When you understand the game, it is so much more fun.
Once you know what's going on, then it's a good time to tailgate. This is only my personal opinion.
I'm going to today's game. Can't wait. I love polo.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:53 AM

Divot stomp is free. At halftime of the championship game you stomp divots and there are two golf carts at the center of the field providing free glasses of champagne. Today is a round robin so it is at a different time, but it will happen. There is also "4 in the 4th" where if 4 goals are scored in the 4th chucker everyone gets a free beer. Again, it will be a little different today. Happy hour starts at the beginning of the final chucker, half price drinks. My wife and I go to every game.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Gold member

Thanks for the replies!

We are looking forward to going later in the month with family and want to ensure they have a great time.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:03 PM
Platinum member

We r going for the first time on Oct 25th, too so maybe we will see you there, dotti!
Old 10-28-2015, 09:56 AM
Gold member

We took our daughter and her family to Polo on Sunday afternoon. We got there early to pick out a good tailgate spot. Glad we did, as it did get crowded.

It was so much fun! I took quite a spread and a large folding "church table" (banquet table?) to hold everything. Since we brought the goods we took the Prius rather than the golf carts.

What a great way to spend an afternoon. Deep shade, nice breeze, beautiful October weather and a fun spectator sport to view.

If you buy your tickets in advance from one of the box offices it is $10, even for guests. We certainly got our money's worth. Great fun!!
Closed Thread

Tags
tailgating, polo, parking, fee, mention, taking, info, options, plan, free, ticket, bring, chairs, folding, scanning, car, pass, game, suggestions, appreciated, replies, holders, carts, season, limited

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.