Really???????

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2015, 03:34 PM

Today we can ban dogs, tomorrow strollers, then wheel chairs, what's next, if it bothers you that much stay home I'm sure your sausage and lemonade will remain safe. And no one will claim your recliner.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:05 PM

Let's not forget their little presents in the god awful perfumed bags! Sorry but I had to go there.��
Old 10-12-2015, 04:37 PM

What is needed is an organized well thought out petition. I think three thousand signatures might do the trick.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
You would be amazed how many of those same dogs would become service dogs.
Nice thought, but they are not service dogs!
Old 10-12-2015, 05:30 PM

Our dogs sit in our homes 22-23 hours a day. They enjoy getting out once in a while and love being petted by caring people. How many unhappy dogs do you see in the squares? They love seeing something new too once in a while. Enjoying the company of your dog in a pleasant setting has nothing to do with people wanting personal attention. I truly feel sorry for people who have never known the love of a dog. Just ask distraught service veterans who have been saved by such love.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmagrann View Post
What is needed is an organized well thought out petition. I think three thousand signatures might do the trick.
Welcome!!! Such a nice post for your first. Where did you move here in TV? Which square do you have an issue with? Or, is it all of the squares? I assume you do not have a pet? Did you have a specific incident that happened to you? To start a petition, you must have. Where can folks sign this? What does it say?
Old 10-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
Nice thought, but they are not service dogs!
Does it matter?
Old 10-12-2015, 05:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Welcome!!! Such a nice post for your first. Where did you move here in TV? Which square do you have an issue with? Or, is it all of the squares? I assume you do not have a pet? Did you have a specific incident that happened to you? To start a petition, you must have. Where can folks sign this? What does it say?

GerryAnn, if you don't watch out you are going to turn out just like me.

I think that my respect and interest goes out the window when someone presents their idea by calling people idiots.

I too see no problem with doggies at the square. There aren't many when I go but I don't go when there is a big draw performing group. I don't like wall to wall people.

I will say this;

The more I know about some people, the better I like dogs.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Does it matter?
My post was in response to a comment that the dogs could become service dogs.
So I might have also responded "Does it matter" since the discussion is not about service dogs at town square events!
Old 10-12-2015, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

I think this thread has gone to the dogs
Old 10-12-2015, 07:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I think this thread has gone to the dogs
I agree. 😊
The simple about this post is....the squares are open to dogs. Very few dogs are ever there. A small percentage do bring well behaved pups. I've never seen a negative situation involving dogs....only people.

Since it is open to dogs, I would say that if one has a problem being around them, they should avoid going.

My pup is not well enough behaved to go there. I wouldn't subject her over friendliness to anyone for fear that someone wouldn't like her over zealous personality. However, I really enjoy seeing the pups there. I've never seen any that appear to be over stimulated or stressed.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanberry;1127921[B
]Some dogs should leave their owners at home.[/B] We need DOG-GONE good town squares.
That's funny. Great first post!
Old 10-12-2015, 09:54 PM

I think that dogs in the square is fine ON NORMAL NIGHTS, but I feel that it is upsetting to the dog to be subjected to the noise , confusion, and chaos on very busy, festival type evenings. People love their dogs and love to show them off, but do that precious dog a favor and leave him/her home on these crowded evenings.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

How in the world would anyone know what is upsetting to somebody else's dog? Everyone's dog is different. There are as many different personalities as there are in humans.

My large dog doesn't like crowds. My friend has two very large, tall dogs who can take any size crowd with ease. Some dogs have separation anxiety when left home alone for more than a couple of hours. Some take that with ease.

Every dog is different, and people should not lump them all into one category. And especially, no one should be suggesting others are abusing their dogs.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

I have 2 dogs, I think I'll teach them to save seats. When I get there, I'll save their seats while they line dance. Then I'll send them back home to fetch a cooler, but I won't let them open the beer on the street or in the cart. After the entertainment, they can hang out and have intimate encounters. Before coming home they can "poop" wherever they want, and perhaps snatch a cat from a lanai--they can blame the coyotes.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, dogs, crowded, event, squares, moron, chat, place, square, pet, stop, love, wrong, people, walking, morning, animals, walk, kind, feet, sausage, eating, chalked, owner, italian

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.