Rentals increasing?

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2016, 08:48 AM

Would you mind sharing what your long term rental rate is? Also any other details about your home 2/2 or 3/2? Golf Cart? I'm new to rentals. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2016, 11:36 AM
Veteran member

Which hotels? how $$
Old 02-08-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
I built my Villages home in 2012 and it has been an unfurnished, long-term rental since day 1. I would be in my home now except my 91 year old mother doesn't want to live in The Villages full time. She would do it if I really pushed it!

My property manager tells me that there are more and more rentals on the market. I am still in contact with my Village realtor who helped me pick my lot and was at my design team meetings. He says many baby boomers are buying their Village home and renting them out. They are afraid if they wait that they may be priced out of the market. He has called me several times with a potential buyer on the phone so I can tell them my rental experience and they can ask me questions.
We are closing on a courtyard villa next week which we hope to use as a long term rental. Any words of wisdom or advice? Kathy
Old 02-08-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Joray View Post
We are closing on a courtyard villa next week which we hope to use as a long term rental. Any words of wisdom or advice? Kathy
We just started our first long term rental (we purchased a new home in TV). We are using Down Home Prop Mgmnt and are very happy. They were great to work with and offered several suggestions re: long term v. seasonal rentals. Reasonable fee too.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
because it was part of the rental agreement you signed?
We live here full time now but I have rented in the past. One year an owner returned my cleaning fee along with the deposit because I had left it so clean. That was a nice surprise.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:01 AM

yes
Old 02-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Villas & Manufactured homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
No one knows for sure, but you will be given definitive answers and controversy will begin.

It is a beautiful day in The Villages. We own, rented while this house was being built. No rentals in our Village.
On our 10th year in TV and have observed more rentals among the Villas and in the Historical District. We had a very nice rental in the Historical district ourselves----sold it a couple years ago as it became a "headacke" and didn't care to deal with it anymore. We ran across some who make a business out of rentals---some own and some manage rentals for others.

Folks come and go in TV for many different reasons. There are many more houses since we first purchased so it "stands to reason" there are more rentals. A bit cool but stil a beautiful day in The Villages.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Those 13 homes that became rentals, could be good or it could be a disaster for the home owners around them. Just hope they're good renters. I know the Villages will tell us they're screened & qualified, but we all know some people can put on a good show when they want something. To many rentals can run a city down in a hurry!
Old 02-08-2016, 03:07 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
I only allow couples over 60. No children either.
Can you legally do that?
Old 02-08-2016, 03:10 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishJW View Post
Since the number of houses continues to increase, it seems logical to assume that the number of rentals would as well. We had heard that the typical villager will buy three homes here. What we didn't expect was that so many villagers would keep their first and/or second one to rent.
And I'll make book The Villages Sales Department started that rumor
Old 02-08-2016, 03:26 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Wow! The sales pitch given by The Villages by marketing was this is a 55+ retirement community where you could live like a millionaire on your retirement savings. And if you wanted in on this slice of paradise and its amenities and privileges you needed to place 20% down and complete the transaction within one year..........................

What I am reading now is that the 55+ retirement community is dissolving, a vacation destination is increasing and you better be a MILLIONAIRE if you want to live like one. I wonder what happen with all the suppose residency rules?
I wonder why full amenities rights are assignable to renters? Perhaps I misunderstood the marketing people?
Old 02-08-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Wow! The sales pitch given by The Villages by marketing was this is a 55+ retirement community where you could live like a millionaire on your retirement savings. And if you wanted in on this slice of paradise and its amenities and privileges you needed to place 20% down and complete the transaction within one year..........................

What I am reading now is that the 55+ retirement community is dissolving, a vacation destination is increasing and you better be a MILLIONAIRE if you want to live like one. I wonder what happen with all the suppose residency rules?
I wonder why full amenities rights are assignable to renters? Perhaps I misunderstood the marketing people?
I think that the Villages can prevent people from buying a house if they know they are buying it to rent out; but, the Villages can not prevent a homeowner from renting out their house once they have bought it. So, if someone comes in the sale's office and want to buy 2 or 3 homes, the Villages can prevent them from buying them, knowing they are going to rent them out. However, many people who already own homes in the Villages have legitimate reasons to rent out their homes and once they own them, I don't think the Villages can prevent them from doing so.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:

As a full time resident with only one home, I purchased a home here to live out my time and to make The Villages my home town. Those who purchase with the intent of renting have one motive and that would be making money. The life style here is second to none. That is their right but our reasons for buying here are fundamentally different.
I don't believe for a second statements like "barely profitable". There is a lot of money to be made here and the number of rentals is a testament to that.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:19 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecrenshaw View Post
I think that the Villages can prevent people from buying a house if they know they are buying it to rent out; but, the Villages can not prevent a homeowner from renting out their house once they have bought it. So, if someone comes in the sale's office and want to buy 2 or 3 homes, the Villages can prevent them from buying them, knowing they are going to rent them out. However, many people who already own homes in the Villages have legitimate reasons to rent out their homes and once they own them, I don't think the Villages can prevent them from doing so.
dalecrenshaw: I agree with what you said and in fact defend a homeowner's right to rent their home. However, that's not what I said. What I said is how can a homeowner have a right to assign his amenity rights? Homeowners are doing what they are allowed to do. This issue of assignability falls to The Villages leadership or lack thereof.

Initially people viewed renting as a stepping stone to purchasing a home and in the earlier developing of this community it may sense. However it has moved from a kick the tires to a vacation destination which doesn't make for a unified community. the issue of renting is being manipulated with people who don't even live in TV. ONCE AGAIN I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT RENTERS. THEY WILL ALWAYS GET A WARM WELCOME BY ME. I AM ONLY TALKING ABOUT RENTING AND ASSIGNABLIITY AND THE AFFECT IT HAS ON RESIDENTS
Old 02-08-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
dalecrenshaw: I agree with what you said and in fact defend a homeowner's right to rent their home. However, that's not what I said. What I said is how can a homeowner have a right to assign his amenity rights? Homeowners are doing what they are allowed to do. This issue of assignability falls to The Villages leadership or lack thereof.

Initially people viewed renting as a stepping stone to purchasing a home and in the earlier developing of this community it may sense. However it has moved from a kick the tires to a vacation destination which doesn't make for a unified community. the issue of renting is being manipulated with people who don't even live in TV. ONCE AGAIN I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT RENTERS. THEY WILL ALWAYS GET A WARM WELCOME BY ME. I AM ONLY TALKING ABOUT RENTING AND ASSIGNABLIITY AND THE AFFECT IT HAS ON RESIDENTS
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but as long as the homeowner turns in their Villages ID card, anyone renting that home has access to all the amenities that a resident has. The owner is still paying the amenities fee so, at least to me, it doesn't matter who uses the amenities as long as the owner and the renter aren't both using them.
Closed Thread

Tags
rentals, increasing, time, number

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.