Rip Off - Tire Choice

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Location: Feb 28, 2012 will live in Sanibel @ 3114 Vandenberg Court
Default Rip Off - Tire Choice

I got this from a fellow Villager whom I trust. I too walked out on the Colony Tire Choice when they attempted to sell ridiculousness.

I just want to let you know what happened to my sister, Elba, who lives in the Villages. She went to the Tire Choice store on Wedgewood Lane to get a Lube oil and Filter change and a tire rotation. Her neighbor went with her to bring her home. Prior to leaving the person at Tire Choice asked her if she needed anything else done. He said they will do an inspection and let her know the condition of her car. She said if it needs any SAFETY items let her know. Remember, she is 80 years old and lives by herself. Her car is a 2005 Toyota Camry with less than 20,000 miles on it. She had been getting it serviced at Quality Tire on 466, but he was closed for a while. She got a call from the guy at Tire Choice and he told her that she neede to have the following SAFETY items done, Brake System Flush, Power Steering System Flush, Transmission System Flush, Coolant System Flush, Complete 4 wheel allignment and recommended Premium Synthetic Oil Change. Well not being aware, she said ok. He said the bill would come to around $2450. Luckily, her neighbors son was visiting and she asked him about the list. He immedialtely took her back to Tire Choice and they stopped most of the work. Some work, to the tune of $1536 was already done or in progress. This was a total RIP_OFF of a defenceless elderly lady.

You may want to pass this on to your friends and neighbors. I had my son, who is a Pa. State Trooper, make some phone calls. He contacted the Sumter County Sherrif's office and they were not too helpful. They told him to have my sister come to the Annex office in the Villages and give them the information. I will be talking to her today .

Hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend
Old 09-02-2014, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandenbergLee View Post
I got this from a fellow Villager whom I trust. I too walked out on the Colony Tire Choice when they attempted to sell ridiculousness.

I just want to let you know what happened to my sister, Elba, who lives in the Villages. She went to the Tire Choice store on Wedgewood Lane to get a Lube oil and Filter change and a tire rotation. Her neighbor went with her to bring her home. Prior to leaving the person at Tire Choice asked her if she needed anything else done. He said they will do an inspection and let her know the condition of her car. She said if it needs any SAFETY items let her know. Remember, she is 80 years old and lives by herself. Her car is a 2005 Toyota Camry with less than 20,000 miles on it. She had been getting it serviced at Quality Tire on 466, but he was closed for a while. She got a call from the guy at Tire Choice and he told her that she neede to have the following SAFETY items done, Brake System Flush, Power Steering System Flush, Transmission System Flush, Coolant System Flush, Complete 4 wheel allignment and recommended Premium Synthetic Oil Change. Well not being aware, she said ok. He said the bill would come to around $2450. Luckily, her neighbors son was visiting and she asked him about the list. He immedialtely took her back to Tire Choice and they stopped most of the work. Some work, to the tune of $1536 was already done or in progress. This was a total RIP_OFF of a defenceless elderly lady.

You may want to pass this on to your friends and neighbors. I had my son, who is a Pa. State Trooper, make some phone calls. He contacted the Sumter County Sherrif's office and they were not too helpful. They told him to have my sister come to the Annex office in the Villages and give them the information. I will be talking to her today .

Contact this group immediately Seniors Vs. Crime Project. They will be able to help you.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-02-2014, 10:13 AM

In the Sumter County Sheriff Office, don't stop at the Sheriff desk. Instead stop at the Seniors vs Crime office. I suspect you would learn that what happened is not a criminal act since she said "OK" but rather an unscrupulous act and something that the Seniors vs Crime people can frequently help redress.

Put: seniorsvscrime.com/offices.htm#Sumter_County in your browser and you will get the web page with address, hours, etc. They are great people - it might not help but then again, they might be able to help.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

If you're over by Wedgewood Lane again, next time stop in at Walmart across the street to the automative depart., it's on the left side of the building. I had a nail in a tire and took my car to Tire Kingdom on 441 next to the new McDonalds. They said the nail was too close to the edge to fix and a new tire installed was $180. I took the car to Walmart, they fixed the tire for $10 and the tire is still going 10,000 miles later.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:11 AM

I don't know how some people rest their heads on their pillows at night.......
Old 09-02-2014, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Another example.
BEWARE of The Tire Choice at Colony
Old 09-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Gold member

Quote:

THIS CERTAINLY ISN'T THE FIRST TIME TIRE CHOICE HAS BEEN FEATURED ON THIS FORUM. THEY ARE THE MOST DEVIOUS BUSINESS IN OUR AREA AND SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS. THEY DO THIS UP CHARGING KNOWING THEY ARE JUST BARELY STAYING ON THE SIDE OF BEING LEGAL. THEY HAVE FOUND A GOLD MINE DOING BUSINESS WITH THE VILLAGES ELDERLY CITIZENS AND ESPECIALLY WITH WIDOWS. I HOPE YOU DON'T LET THIS SLIDE BY, BUT THAT YOU FOLLOW THRU WITH THE COMPLAINT. I PERSONALLY DETEST BUSINESSES THAT TRY TO LEGALLY STEAL FROM MY NEIGHBORS.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default A prior thread on this subject.

Colony TireChoice - GET A SECOND OPINION!!!
Old 09-02-2014, 11:56 AM

In my Opinion:

having dealt with "Tire Choice" On Wedgewood,

>>>> STAY AWAY FROM TIRE CHOICE <<<<
Old 09-02-2014, 12:02 PM

Seems like a good place for the Florida Attorney General's office to conduct a sting operation.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

So sorry to hear about this. Even with the normally inflated prices, these items should not have totaled more than maybe $700. None of those items actually needs a "flush" - a simple drain and refill is sufficient most of the time. This is very shameful. Word of mouth is very powerful - spread the word.

Quote:

Old 09-02-2014, 01:17 PM

Is there a corporate office for this chain to go through
Old 09-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtrans View Post
Is there a corporate office for this chain to go through
Read some of the other threads. Folks have tried to do just that.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Platinum member

They tried it with me as well unsuccessfully. Tire Choice at Colony is totally unscrupulous. It appears that corporate policy supports the unethical conduct.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:16 PM

I too had an issue with Tire Choice. Please watch out for them. They are not getting any of my business ever again!!!!! Shame on them. All we can do is to let all of our Village neighbors know to go elsewhere.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.