a for sale sign enforcement

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2014, 06:09 PM
Angry a for sale sign enforcement

Why is the enforcement of for sale signs in the villages so random. I know of signs that have been displayed for months, and people being harrased after only 5 days. Has anyone filed a lawsuit for the obvious discrimination. This anonymous complaint won t fly in a court of law. Is their any attorneys that would consider taking a case like this pro bono.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
Why is the enforcement of for sale signs in the villages so random. I know of signs that have been displayed for months, and people being harrased after only 5 days. Has anyone filed a lawsuit for the obvious discrimination. This anonymous complaint won t fly in a court of law. Is their any attorneys that would consider taking a case like this pro bono.

There are differing rules, with the looser ones north of 466. The stricter rules are in the newest areas. I believe the differences are primarily related to covenants we agree to as we purchase our homes. As the developer learned from past mistakes, changes were made.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:17 PM
Sage

P.S. I don't you have a snowball's chance as the saying goes.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
and again, the answer to anything we don't agree with is "sue the bums". If you don't like the deed restrictions or the rules, why the heck did you move here....there are other communities where they will let you do whatever you want to do, this just doesn't happen to be one.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-22-2014, 06:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
I haven't noticed any "obvious discrimination", just different deed restrictions for different Villages.
As dbussone pointed out, there are stricter rules the further south you go.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
In what District were the signs displayed for months?
In what District were people harrased (what do you mean by harrased?) after only 5 days?
Old 11-23-2014, 06:21 PM

I moved here because I drove down street and saw a sign that said home for sale,call the villages reality. I did and bought the home and improved it. Now I want too sell it. I should have the same rights as the co that sold it to me,deed restrictions are fine as long as they are enforced the same for residents. A key point you seemed to miss. documents ex
Old 11-23-2014, 06:32 PM
Sage

was the sign in the yard or the window - also it might help if we knew where you lived - could put things into perspective
Old 11-23-2014, 06:34 PM
Sage

Was the For Sale sign in the window of the house, or did you happen to see the house when it was an Open House by The Villages Realty and they had their large signs out for the Open House?

Remember, we all were to read the deed restrictions and sign papers saying we have read them and will abide by them. There was mention about how for sale signs were to be placed. (Not sure what village you live in and specifics for where you live. ).
Old 11-23-2014, 07:03 PM
Sage
Quote:
Ban on Home For Sale signs

Here is one of many threads on the subject when the rules were changed over two years ago. It seems that the developer was able to change the rules regardless of what you signed on your deed restrictions.

There are many threads on the subject. Just do a search of "for sale signs" at the top of the page.

Contact your district supervisors regarding the rules in your district. Also, contact the POA with your questions.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Any realtor depending upon yard signs is stuck in the dark ages. Digital marketing absolutely rules. There are just far too many homes sold here every day for the lack of yard signs to mean anything at all.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:30 PM

really you don't t see for sale signs all over the villages, discrimination it is when the ristriction is not enforced for all .read the deed
Old 11-23-2014, 07:58 PM

The sign was in the front yard on a 4x4 post that was larger than any other sign in the area. This is the historical side,which means nothing. I have at least 100 vehicles pass my house each day the sign is very important to the sale of the house. (Curb appeal) if a nice looking house that bothers someone maybe they need to move. For anyone that wants to ask me why I moved here if I didn't t want to enforce new to the deed restrictions, I would ask you why would you buy a golf cart that goes faster than 19 mph that's not a deed restriction, that's the fla state law. Be honest do you have one. Deed /law. Which is more important .
Old 11-23-2014, 11:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Studies have been made and the two most effective things in selling one's home are a sale sign and the MLS. Of course, the situation in TV is a little different because there is no MLS.

Most people will drive the area that interests them to get a feel for what's available and to see what the neighborhood looks like.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:43 PM
Sage

Both VLS and MLS list homes in The Villages.
We bought our first CYV from an internet listing through MLS. We didn't see it, we bought it sight unseen.
I realize that isn't typical. A lot of people want to drive different neighborhoods.
Other than Open House signs, in the past seven years, I have only seen window signs - no lawn signs.

Last edited by Barefoot; 11-24-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.