Selling our water supply

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2016, 06:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Angry Huge Attendance

Last night there was a huge attendance regarding the new water arrangements to sell water at the risk of causing more sink holes, etc. The attendance was so large that they shut down attending the meeting and left about 200 standing in the lobby and not able to attend as the room was full. One question many asked was whether or not this was planned to limit the number complaining and to do that they set it up in a room and rec center that could not handle the crowd. There were plenty of rooms in The Villages that could have handled the crowd but they chose Colony Cottage and just one room while other rooms in the Rec Center had as few as 25 people while about 200 were trying to attend. In Laurel Manor they had 2 connected rooms that could have handled a crowd that large, etc. What a shame they felt the need to lock out some Village Residents, etc.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:35 AM
Location: Dunedin, the Villages & Mount Sinai, Long Island NY

Get smart, people.

It's not what you want. That's unimportant.

It's not what's good for you. Or for your home. Or for your neighborhood.

The very concept of sucking your water from the ground, packaging it in polluting plastic, and selling it back to you says it all.

The commissioners won't listen. They couldn't care less even if you packed the Coliseum with dissenters.

Give up, or vote them out.

We need a real democracy, not this representational version we have which is destroying us with special interests, pinheads, and the easily bought and manipulated.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:41 AM
Platinum member
Default got mine

Sounds like I got mine and you should not have any.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:39 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Last night there was a huge attendance regarding the new water arrangements to sell water at the risk of causing more sink holes, etc. The attendance was so large that they shut down attending the meeting and left about 200 standing in the lobby and not able to attend as the room was full. One question many asked was whether or not this was planned to limit the number complaining and to do that they set it up in a room and rec center that could not handle the crowd. There were plenty of rooms in The Villages that could have handled the crowd but they chose Colony Cottage and just one room while other rooms in the Rec Center had as few as 25 people while about 200 were trying to attend. In Laurel Manor they had 2 connected rooms that could have handled a crowd that large, etc. What a shame they felt the need to lock out some Village Residents, etc.
Here is what I wrote on 6/13/16 on another thread covering this same issue:

Voters had a legal opportunity in 2010 to vote to have some say in such things but passed up the opportunity. Florida does have a sunshine law. However pols get around that puppy by having the meeting and than the MEETING. I suspect Florida reps showing up at Colony will display empathy, concern, understanding and then move forward with plans to expand Azure capacity to draw even more water. Paint me jaded but when it comes to gov't want supersedes right.

The large showing at this meeting is encouraging finally village residents have awaken
Old 06-29-2016, 04:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

Voters had a legal opportunity in 2010 to vote to have some say in such things but passed up the opportunity. Florida does have a sunshine law. However pols get around that puppy by having the meeting and than the MEETING. I suspect Florida reps showing up at Colony will display empathy, concern, understanding and then move forward with plans to expand Azure capacity to draw even more water. Paint me jaded but when it comes to gov't want supersedes right.

The large showing at this meeting is encouraging finally village residents have awaken

Rubicon - we will also have an opportunity to have a say in the coming months. 3 of the commissioners represent TV. One of them is currently running for the FL legislature in November.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2016, 06:07 PM
Location: Dunedin, the Villages & Mount Sinai, Long Island NY

Bump
Old 07-06-2016, 09:41 PM

For those Villagers whining about 500,000 of "their" water, let's do some math, I promised to keep it simple. First did you know that TV uses, about 10 million gallons of water / day on our golf courses, yes that's a fact. Did you know there were about 2 million rounds played last year, yes more or less. Now for the fun, 10 million gallons / day times 365 days divided by 2 million rounds equal about 1,800 gallons of water / round. So next time you start running off with they are taking water out from under my feet, remember 100 gallons are used per hole just so you can try breaking 100. tomorrow.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBorn View Post
For those Villagers whining about 500,000 of "their" water, let's do some math, I promised to keep it simple. First did you know that TV uses, about 10 million gallons of water / day on our golf courses, yes that's a fact. Did you know there were about 2 million rounds played last year, yes more or less. Now for the fun, 10 million gallons / day times 365 days divided by 2 million rounds equal about 1,800 gallons of water / round. So next time you start running off with they are taking water out from under my feet, remember 100 gallons are used per hole just so you can try breaking 100. tomorrow.
apples/oranges-------potable/non-potable water

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 07-07-2016, 04:50 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
NYCBorn: This is the second water bottling company to ask and freely be granted the right to draw water from here. So first we have public water being privatized and no doubt some sort of quid pro quo arrangement hidden from the public.

Secondly your comments make the argument for the homeowners who are dead set against this injustice. Indeed The Villages of Lake-Sumter Inc, (TVLSI) (Developer) is using millions upon millions of gallons of water; albeit some of the watering comes from the retention ponds.

But that said consider that developers and realtors protested residents right to have say in future development and defeated the bill place for a vote in 2010. So places like The Villages rapidly grow with profits flowing to developers and realtors at the expense and compromised lifestyle of residents with no thought about its environmental, physical and psychological impact.

To add insult to injury the same water utility that freely uses water in any way they see fit for their purposes charges residents based on a three tier fee system for both potable and non-potable water + base charges + sewer fees + ++. In effect they punish people who they deem use too much water based on a model they developed as average use.

People can stand still for many things but hypocrisy is not one of them

Personal Best Regards:
Old 07-07-2016, 05:57 AM
Sage

Please cite the source of your information. Also, reclaimed water is used for irrigation.

Quote:
Old 07-07-2016, 07:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

200 out of 50,000+? That's your definition of encouraging? Well, at least you're a glass half full person. Good for you.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:20 AM
Sage

The water is actually free. The processing and distribution, not so much ;-)

Quote:
NYCBorn: This is the second water bottling company to ask and freely be granted the right to draw water from here. So first we have public water being privatized and no doubt some sort of quid pro quo arrangement hidden from the public.

Secondly your comments make the argument for the homeowners who are dead set against this injustice. Indeed The Villages of Lake-Sumter Inc, (TVLSI) (Developer) is using millions upon millions of gallons of water; albeit some of the watering comes from the retention ponds.

But that said consider that developers and realtors protested residents right to have say in future development and defeated the bill place for a vote in 2010. So places like The Villages rapidly grow with profits flowing to developers and realtors at the expense and compromised lifestyle of residents with no thought about its environmental, physical and psychological impact.

To add insult to injury the same water utility that freely uses water in any way they see fit for their purposes charges residents based on a three tier fee system for both potable and non-potable water + base charges + sewer fees + ++. In effect they punish people who they deem use too much water based on a model they developed as average use.

People can stand still for many things but hypocrisy is not one of them

Personal Best Regards:
Old 07-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
[/B]

200 out of 50,000+? That's your definition of encouraging? Well, at least you're a glass half full person. Good for you.
Dear Outlaw: I have been here going on 10 years and getting 200 people here in The Villages for the sole purpose of lodging a complaint is a huge leap. In the past three types prevailed (1) those that viewed the developer as a malevolent dictator and all that encompasses the idea of The Villages down to the last and least aspects of it (2) those that simply blink and deflate (3) those few who spoke up and were labeled incurable recalcitrants. The POA working on behalf of residents received the most criticism.

This water issue for me is simple if water is such a limited commodity that a three tier rating fee is constructed then why let outside people in free. And from an environmental perspective plastic water bottles are littering our landscapes and waterways.

No justice no peace
Old 07-07-2016, 09:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Dear Outlaw: I have been here going on 10 years and getting 200 people here in The Villages for the sole purpose of lodging a complaint is a huge leap. In the past three types prevailed (1) those that viewed the developer as a malevolent dictator and all that encompasses the idea of The Villages down to the last and least aspects of it (2) those that simply blink and deflate (3) those few who spoke up and were labeled incurable recalcitrants. The POA working on behalf of residents received the most criticism.

This water issue for me is simple if water is such a limited commodity that a three tier rating fee is constructed then why let outside people in free. And from an environmental perspective plastic water bottles are littering our landscapes and waterways.

No justice no peace

That was funny.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:14 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

There is only one solution that is guaranteed to work. Identify those members of Sumter county that voted to support the new water bottling facility and then work very hard to vote them out of office. Their decisions must have consequences if you want them to listen to you. And the only thing they understand is a decision they make that costs them votes. This is true of almost every elected official.

Tags
water, supply, bottle, villages, imposed, year, restrictions, plan, powers, approving, ample, ghost, town, night, sold, bottled, making, outrageous, low, company, petition, submitted, approval, private, concerned

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.