selling your house

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2014, 07:27 PM
Default selling your house

I bought my house from villages realty. When I bought it it had a villages sign in the yard not just a sign but a 4 by 4 post. I saw it as I was driving around the area I could afford, now I can and did buy a house in another area,guess what I am not allowed to put a for sale sign in my front yard. The villages reality cane sale me a home with a sign but I can t really. I need to sell my house I have a high amount of traffic, some people just drive around and find a place they can afford, for sale signs is a clue. You can sell me a property property with a sign, d
And I can t do the same. You set the prescient don't t b bully. You have more money than me good luck, right is right .
Old 11-15-2014, 07:41 PM

you can have a sign but not in the yard...If you have been here for any amount of time I can't believe you haven't seen this...It's been this way for a couple years now...Put the for sale sign inside a window..
Old 11-15-2014, 07:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Why are you selling?
Old 11-16-2014, 11:17 PM

I just sold my house without a Realtor. Took two weeks exactly. I put the sign in the window and got a few calls from that. But the majority of my calls (average 2-3 a day) came from a well placed ad in the paper. We purchased a one month ad and got 2-3 calls a day. One thing I thought was good was to place the ad in the middle of the month so we would get both Oct and Nov people coming in looking. Worked. Skipping the middle man was the best thing we did. All the calls came directly to us and we negotiated and settled on a price and the best thing.....no Realtor fees!
Old 11-16-2014, 11:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWN MARIE View Post
I just sold my house without a Realtor. Took two weeks exactly. I put the sign in the window and got a few calls from that. But the majority of my calls (average 2-3 a day) came from a well placed ad in the paper. We purchased a one month ad and got 2-3 calls a day. One thing I thought was good was to place the ad in the middle of the month so we would get both Oct and Nov people coming in looking. Worked. Skipping the middle man was the best thing we did. All the calls came directly to us and we negotiated and settled on a price and the best thing.....no Realtor fees!

How did you handle all the legalities, paperwork, etc.?
Old 11-17-2014, 12:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
That's the easy part.
You simply pre-arrange the details with an attorney or title company.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
McLin & Burnsed handle the entire procedure for you. I've used them a few times and have been very happy.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 11-17-2014, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

McLin Burnsed does the whole thing for $750. That law firm probably has handled more closings than any other law firm in this country.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:51 AM

There was a post a while back about flat fee listing, I commented on it as I sold my house up north on flat fee listing, it get's listed on mls and all the top sites, I also listed on craigs list and had a sign on my front window the only work if you call it that was taking photo's of my house and sending it to flat fee to post on the sites.
I saved thousand's of dollars listing this way, this will be the way to sell very shortly.
don't listen to realtors bad mouth this way of listing,
Mark my words pretty soon their will be less realtors getting listings
Old 11-17-2014, 11:01 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Selling yourself works when you have a "hot market" like you currently have in TV. We sold one ourselves here in TV and listed with The Villages and sold another. It has been my Experence that higher priced homes are more difficult to sell yourself.

Regardless, pricing it at or just below the "market" is the key to a relative quicker sale.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
We are using the lawyers in Sumter who handle the regular Village Closings. But you can go to any lawyer or title company. Heard there is a Tri County Title Company that is cheaper but this will be $450 to close with the lawyer. Still way better than shelling out $$$$$ for Realtor fees.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Selling yourself works when you have a "hot market" like you currently have in TV. We sold one ourselves here in TV and listed with The Villages and sold another. It has been my Experence that higher priced homes are more difficult to sell yourself.

Regardless, pricing it at or just below the "market" is the key to a relative quicker sale.
Yes, and the market here is hot right now. Our house listed over the $350 mark. We were told the homes between 200-300 sell the quickest so we figured we might take longer. We had two agents give us a price and used their numbers as our bench mark actually selling it for more than either agent thought we would get. Our biggest selling point was our waterfront view. So we marketed that with the ad.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:05 PM

To get an idea on price check the listings for your area and type of home and judge your price, the market depends on what the buyer can afford not the price, if you can afford a bigger home you like you buy. if not then a less expensive.

also check the houses bough in your area and get a complete price plus taxes, etc.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWN MARIE View Post
Ditto but Took us 3 weeks to sell, TheVillagesFSBO.com web site ( $89.00/ 1 yr),...Two weekends in the Daily Sun. using Advantage Title,LLC For the contract and closing, no Realtor. Sign in window. Had two willing buyers, over 4K
Old 11-17-2014, 08:46 PM

I'm assuming it's ok to put a sign in your yard if you are having an open house, the Villages places flags to mark it open. There was a house in our neighborhood this past weekend that had open house signs in the front and back yard (faces the street). It seemed to be working for them, as there was several folks looking at it. Unless you are in a hurry, or don't have the time, save yourself 5% or more and sell it yourself.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.