Seven new villages planned south of 44

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2017, 07:48 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
I don't believe there will ever be "build out" in The Villages.
Those of us who live here while alive, will never see the end of growth here.

There are too many mouths to feed now, as it is, and the greed will never stop and only get worse as time goes on and the "mouths" increase in size.
Why use the word greed ? This is their jobs. It's what they do for a living. Should they just stop working?
Old 05-01-2017, 07:55 AM
Eternal Member

I have always said, if there is land available, someone will develop it. I would much rather have the Morse family build than someone who could care less about us & the Villages. Kudos to the family!!
We love our lives in the Villages. I never thought I would spend my retirement having so much fun with access to so many activities and having such wonderful friends!!
Old 05-01-2017, 08:23 AM

Could it be that they will use the prison as one of the rec centers or better yet the fourth town center. Already has a fence to keep those pesky folks from putting out their lawn chairs early. Also, well lit to avoid problems for those that cant see well in the dark. a little man made lake and we are in business
Old 05-01-2017, 08:50 AM

Does anyone have any idea how they are going to extend Buena Vista Blvd? We live directly across the street they are surveying now?
Old 05-01-2017, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
It will affect you when all of those people come to the current TV to play golf, town squares, etc. It will be saturated unless they build more of these a long with all the houses.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I should keep a copy of my usual response to the unfounded concerns some have.

When we contracted to have our home built there were no homes South of 466.....not 466 A......466....no Arnold Palmer club or golf course....no Sumter Square...no Home Depot...Sam's Club....no shopping centers off Rolling Acres.....most of the chain restarants were not here......population was a little over 30,000.....and on and on.

Another note about the developer addressing growth? Once upon a time there was only one town square!!!!!!

More significant good has come from the more than doubling of TV in little more than 13 years (or less).

We have never in 13 years been unable to eat where we want to eat. Nor have we ever not gotten a t-time when we wanted to play golf.

Yes there is more traffic.......there are many places to live with significantly less traffic. And there will also not be the lifestyle offered here in TV.

The way the developers have designed the common areas, retail availability, village rec centers, regional rec center, etc......one can pretty much most of the time stay within 15 minutes of their home for anything they need. And when one wants to venture beyond....maybe 20 minutes!!!!

Just imagine the stories long time residents from the historic side would have to tell.

Has anybody been to anyplace that is really nice and popular that is not busy?

Some just have not adapted to the real pace of retirement......no reason to be in a hurry.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:24 AM

I was not aware that the Villages purchased land along 44 across from Rohan recreation center and Lake Deaton Plaza. Was this in the news? I just went to the Sumter County website and I didn't see a purchase for this land by The Villages.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:37 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I should keep a copy of my usual response to the unfounded concerns some have.

When we contracted to have our home built there were no homes South of 466.....not 466 A......466....no Arnold Palmer club or golf course....no Sumter Square...no Home Depot...Sam's Club....no shopping centers off Rolling Acres.....most of the chain restarants were not here......population was a little over 30,000.....and on and on.

Another note about the developer addressing growth? Once upon a time there was only one town square!!!!!!

More significant good has come from the more than doubling of TV in little more than 13 years (or less).

We have never in 13 years been unable to eat where we want to eat. Nor have we ever not gotten a t-time when we wanted to play golf.

Yes there is more traffic.......there are many places to live with significantly less traffic. And there will also not be the lifestyle offered here in TV.

The way the developers have designed the common areas, retail availability, village rec centers, regional rec center, etc......one can pretty much most of the time stay within 15 minutes of their home for anything they need. And when one wants to venture beyond....maybe 20 minutes!!!!

Just imagine the stories long time residents from the historic side would have to tell.

Has anybody been to anyplace that is really nice and popular that is not busy?

Some just have not adapted to the real pace of retirement......no reason to be in a hurry.
Same here. We have been here 17 years. When we moved here, we built in Santiago. That was the last Village they were building. They were just starting in Polo Ridge & Glenbrook. 1999
Old 05-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Location: Pennsylvania, new home in the Village of Osceola Hills

The amazing thing to me, a history professor, is the abundant "living-memory" of TV's "old days"!

"Just 13 years ago there was just one town square," "nothing south of 466..." and, of course, "nothing south of 466A." When we first started coming to TV (2012), TV was only just spilling over 466A in Sanibel and Brownwood was a distant "building project." The idea of driving on 44 (and anything south of that) was simply not on anyone's radar (except the Developer's)

Putting it into perspective, the typical growth of a "northern/mid-western" US town took generations, with the first generations long gone by the time a town doubles, triples, quadruples, or more in size. Here, in TV, there are people living who remember when TV was centered around Orange Blossom ... and that is actually quite something. I imagine TV's "old-timers" are plain, flat-out astonished at what TV has become and will soon, very quickly, grow to become... all within their life-times!

The TV story would make a great PhD dissertation project for some young graduate student.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:03 AM
Default ?????

Two recurring concerns I see in this thread:

1. The Villages is expanding into undeveloped areas of Florida. When will it stop!

Those areas will be developed sometime. They will not be open farms or fields forever. Would you rather they be developed to the standards of The Villages or in a haphazard, non controlled fashion?

2. If they keep building, the restaurants and businesses will be overrun.

Anyone who has taken Economics 101 will tell you that supply equals demand. If the population grows (demand) supply (more businesses) will follow.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
Two recurring concerns I see in this thread:

1. The Villages is expanding into undeveloped areas of Florida. When will it stop!

Those areas will be developed sometime. They will not be open farms or fields forever. Would you rather they be developed to the standards of The Villages or in a haphazard, non controlled fashion?

2. If they keep building, the restaurants and businesses will be overrun.

Anyone who has taken Economics 101 will tell you that supply equals demand. If the population grows (demand) supply (more businesses) will follow.
Just like all the new shopping, shopping centers, restaurants all grew up with TV as it managed to double in size several times over the past 20 years it will continue to attract the additional retail and consumer driven businesses.

All the big(ger) cities did exactly that.

So....not to worry.....as has been demonstrated by the past here in TV....there will be no short supply of places to part with your money for what you want.

Key element that makes it all work even better? Don't be in the same hurry we used to be in before we retired. There is no need for it.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:08 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

The building of Brownwood was a huge investment for even The Village Developer. There are still several empty storefronts currently in Brownwood. Building south of 44 I believe was inevitable and tying these Villages directly to Brownwood will be "good" for Brownwood. Also, being able to get to Brownwood by golf cart or by car will help sell homes in these proposed Villages south of 44. Let it happen!
Old 05-01-2017, 06:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Nice map but doesn't show the property that The Villages just purchased along 44 across from Rohan recreation center and Lake Deaton Plaza.
Ask and you shall receive! TV updated the map today including the property across from Rohan Rec Ctr and Lake Deaton Plaza.

Map is located at

The Villages - Map

Double click image below to enlarge.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	68248  
Old 05-01-2017, 07:02 PM
Gold member

I think that the growth is fine,

the real issue is the fact that snowbirds use TV as a place to stay in the colder months and others treat TV as a vacation destination, which is all well and good, and I absolutely understand why they come down to the sunshine.....

but..

The typical neighborhood in most cities have full year residents. This makes life for business and food establishments. HOSPITALS and such much easier. There income flow and capacity is more regular.

I do think that if there were less rentals, life would be much different here.

Kind of like seats in a church......Always plenty of seats but come Christmas or Easter....no seats to be had...parking is bad and so on....High cash contributions but...you know...
Old 05-02-2017, 03:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJW524 View Post
I was not aware that the Villages purchased land along 44 across from Rohan recreation center and Lake Deaton Plaza. Was this in the news? I just went to the Sumter County website and I didn't see a purchase for this land by The Villages.
Yes. This purchase was reported by both the Daily Sun and the Online News.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfvgirl View Post
Does anyone have any idea how they are going to extend Buena Vista Blvd? We live directly across the street they are surveying now?
I'm assuming you live in Wildwood Country Resort.

This is being studied by Sumter County now. They are consulting with the developer who has proposed a new residential development which will sort of surround you, Wildwood Cresswind.

On page 1 it looks like Buena Vista will come south of 44 and curve to the east, then south along the eastern edge of Wildwood Country Resort. It looks like Heritage Blvd. will be modified so that you can make a right turn off of the new Buena Vista.

Page 2 is a full view of Wildwood Cresswind.

The proposed path is still being evaluated by Sumter County.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Page 1.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	68292   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Page 2.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	68293  
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, map, image, screenshot, attached

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.