Snowbirds leaving

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2017, 11:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Truer words are rarely spoken. The economy of Florida and also The Villages depend on the seasonal visitors and tourists, otherwise, there would be higher taxes and perhaps even a State income tax. Off the subject a bit. I keep hearing about "snowflakes" as well as "Snowbirds". Difference?
I agree! We wouldn't have the restaurants and businesses that we have if it weren't for the snowbirds. T
Old 05-02-2017, 10:22 AM

snowbirds are GREAT!!! Just keep them north of 466a.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I think it is great when this beautiful place is humming along at full capacity and I think it's just fine the way it is now also. I swear that we never once waited in a line in any grocery store or department store. We didn't hang out with the next door neighbors everyday but it was great having someone so great living next door and it is different with them having headed north last week. I have been told I have the patience of a saint and that I have a long fuse. Being a little delayed getting to an appointment isn't going to upset me. I just hope all the snowbirds made it home and get back here safely and with their health.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
I always thought snowbirds come seasonally (winter months) each year, whereas snowflakes come sporadically throughout the year whenever they can.
That is correct. I was at Publix today at Colony and it looked like it was going out of business.

Last edited by Shimpy; 05-02-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
wait, time, difference, dining, open

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.