Stupid is as stupid does

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2015, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I was out walking the dog last evening in Lynnhaven/Belvedere around 5:00 P.M. and saw what looked like a golf cart with only a passenger on board. I looked at it when it drove by a saw that it was driven by a kid who could barely see over the steering wheel. They stopped at a house a few doors down and out popped the passenger a 30 something female along with the driver who I would have estimated at about eight-ten years old. A young boy.
Its a Holiday week. Visiting children and grandchildren.................you will see more.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:22 AM

It's not just golf cart drivers....... my wife was going north on Buena Vista, near the Collier gate yesterday, and there was a large SUV driving on the west side MMP. Perhaps they should install sturdy steel and concrete poles wherever a MMP intersects with a road or rec center driveway. Although some people would probably just drive around them in the grass.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Quite a bit off my own topic, but speaking of EP I live on a hole with a protected wetlands pond. The number of golfers who fish for a ball in there, facing a potential $1500 fine is amazing. The DEC officer could hang out on my lanai and greatly increase state revenue. Why even bother looking for a $3 golf ball? It simply increases the temptation to fetch it.
What's amazing is that someone could be fined for something as minimal as using a 15 foot ball retriever to remove a "foreign" object from a "protected wetland pond" adjacent to a man made golf course, which is one of the most environmentally unfriendly endeavors on the planet. Not that I care about golf courses damaging the environment, but I do hate the state gestapo revenue collectors.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:32 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Its a Holiday week. Visiting children and grandchildren.................you will see more.
Correct. Let's see a show of hands----how many would like to see license plates on golf carts? Looking into Jim's Crystal ball I see 200 in favor and 110,000 saying hell no!
Old 11-24-2015, 12:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Correct. Let's see a show of hands----how many would like to see license plates on golf carts? Looking into Jim's Crystal ball I see 200 in favor and 110,000 saying hell no!
I would like to see some type of identification on the golf carts. One thing I have expressed before is an RF id similar to the sun pass. Each cart would have a specific ID number. The chip could be built into a small license plate or windshield sticker. The RF id could be transferable if the cart is sold.

Would eliminate the need for the gate card. Could tell who runs into the gates. If you really want to get big brother, could be used to track speeders on the MMPs.

Last edited by Mleeja; 11-24-2015 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
The 200 will show up at a meeting and convince the supervisors that they are the majority.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:45 PM
Gold member

Running a stop sign Not Good. Sometimes people especially new to the Villages get confused or are not paying close attention and find themselves out in circle traffic. It happens. It happened to my neighbor. Once you are there you are kind of stuck and all you can do is get out of there as quick as you can. Be very carful driving in the Villages at all times. Slow down. We have bikes, people walking and golf carts. I see people driving their cars way too fast all the time. I am surprised that there are not more accident than there actually are. Slow down and pay attention.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:18 PM
Sage

Yesterday I saw a golf cart on Bailey Trail, he was heading towards Buena Vista. He went left over the solid white line & passed 3 golf carts in front of him.

The person who had the head on, on the Lake Sumter Bridge-got ticketed- you're not immune if you drive a golf cart.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:36 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I was out walking the dog last evening in Lynnhaven/Belvedere around 5:00 P.M. and saw what looked like a golf cart with only a passenger on board. I looked at it when it drove by a saw that it was driven by a kid who could barely see over the steering wheel. They stopped at a house a few doors down and out popped the passenger a 30 something female along with the driver who I would have estimated at about eight-ten years old. A young boy.
Why didn't you take that opportunity - since it was only a few houses away - to go introduce yourself, welcome her to the area, and nicely inform her of golf cart rules? She probably would agree with you and say it would not happen again
Old 11-24-2015, 01:45 PM
Gold member
Default Really???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Maybe its time for the Villages to come out for some kind of a license plate or ID# for all carts driven in the Villages --the white rental carts have #'s--a while back a cart hit & ran from injuring a bicyclist. This way without anonymity, some of these cart drivers would drive like they really care.
doesn't seem to have made much difference in some folks in their cars. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure that autos have license plates.

No your idea won't correct foolish....nothing but an accident might.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Its these young'uns that cause all the problems in TV.
whats a young,un.................under 70??????
Old 11-24-2015, 03:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Why didn't you take that opportunity - since it was only a few houses away - to go introduce yourself, welcome her to the area, and nicely inform her of golf cart rules? She probably would agree with you and say it would not happen again
Or maybe she would have told him to mind his own effing business, slammed the door in his face, and called the sheriff to report a mean old man threatening her...
Old 11-24-2015, 06:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Or maybe she would have told him to mind his own effing business, slammed the door in his face, and called the sheriff to report a mean old man threatening her...
agree. i'd find it quite intimidating (and creepy) if a strange man followed me home in his golf cart even if his intentions were good, which, of course, I wouldn't know.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:21 PM
Veteran member

I've watched them do the same thing going from movers to hillsbourgh rather than going to the tunnel
Old 11-24-2015, 06:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,456 Posts

Well, last evening at sunset out practicing. Noticed noise in the parking lot at one of the rec centers, golf cart doing laps around the parking lot full throttle, twice almost seen it to begin to roll. Two kids in grandpas cart practicing for nascar. Then, they headed for the street and blow through the stop sign onto the street. If I was guessing? Maybe 13 at the most. Brain wise 7.
Closed Thread

Tags
driving, mph, driver, stupid, suv, pure, momentum, pound, trail, btw, gates, worse, proceeded, leave, injured, tunnel, avoid, shortcut, intentional, fans, hill, careful, street, blues, ignorance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.