They're back!

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2017, 04:08 PM
Default They're back!

The Spring Braakers are back. And no trouble knowing it. I went from West end of Pinellas to Sarasota this morning and saw a lot of trash along the trail. Much more than usual!

So, you are of course going to ask how I know it was the spring breakers. Well, when I later went to Brownwood, and just as I was entering the the tunnel after Eisenhower, a cart came. charging out of the tunnel going the opposite way accompanied by shrieks of laughter and a soda bottle went flying from the passsnger side into the vegetation. As I went through the tunnel, I ran over a soda can. I wasn't able to turn around to talk to the offenders.
I guess it is an annual right of passage we have to bear each year. But, where are the parents and grandparents in this? You would expect the kids to be schooled in proper behavior when visiting here.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

What's a Braaker ?
Old 03-18-2017, 06:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
What's a Braaker ?
One of those annoying drivers that you inevitably get stuck behind who rides the brake pedal so you never know when they are REALLY braking
Old 03-18-2017, 07:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

We passed two on the way back from Spanish Springs. The first one was at the Morse/Paige Place roundabout going the wrong way. The second crossed El Camino to get to the MMP, rather than going down to/through the tunnel, then ran a stop sign.

I really want to stop them and say "you're going to die, and you will take someone out with you!"

Either that, or buy a paintball gun and start marking their carts. Maybe color coded paint balls...
Old 03-18-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
What's a Braaker ?
'Breaker'. Are you my old English teacher?
Old 03-18-2017, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Either that, or buy a paintball gun and start marking their carts. Maybe color coded paint balls...
Why are there so many people willing to respond to an infraction with vigilante misdemeanors?
Old 03-18-2017, 09:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
Why are there so many people willing to respond to an infraction with vigilante misdemeanors?
Why are you defending them?
Old 03-19-2017, 04:24 AM
Sage

Two of them rolled a golf cart yesterday & one of them got a broken leg--some people are idiots, especially the grandparents who lend their golf carts @ a blink of an eye, they are not toys, and combined when you don't know the lay of the land and rules of the road--they are doubly dangerous-And they have a high center of gravity & will roll over with very little provocation
Old 03-19-2017, 06:33 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Be extra careful when crossing the golf cart paths in your car. A while ago, 4 teenagers in a cart crossed in front of us without looking or stopping. They were all screaming and laughing. It looked like maybe they were playing chicken.

Please, grandparents, if you are going to let them drive your carts, insist on going with them first, at least once, maybe twice.

Be responsible for making sure those teenagers understand that this is not really Disney World, no matter what they have heard.

I guarantee that many of them will roll their eyes when you insist on a little driver's ed class. So what? You can't expect teenagers to know everything, even though they often think they do.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

[QUOTE=Boomer;1374683]Be extra careful when crossing the golf cart paths in your car. A while ago, 4 teenagers in a cart crossed in front of us without looking or stopping. They were all screaming and laughing. It looked like maybe they were playing chicken.

Please, grandparents, if you are going to let them drive your carts, insist on going with them first, at least once, maybe twice.

Be responsible for making sure those teenagers understand that this is not really Disney World, no matter what they have heard.

I guarantee that many of them will roll their eyes when you insist on a little driver's ed class. So what? You can't expect teenagers to know everything, even though they often think they do.[/QUOTE]

We did, right?
Old 03-19-2017, 08:06 AM
Email Reported As Spam

These are familiar refrains from the first day one arrives in TV and they will continue long after we are all gone.

would like to believe that I am blameless but admit periodically some misjudgement or mistake , never intentional though
Old 03-19-2017, 08:08 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
We passed two on the way back from Spanish Springs. The first one was at the Morse/Paige Place roundabout going the wrong way. The second crossed El Camino to get to the MMP, rather than going down to/through the tunnel, then ran a stop sign.

I really want to stop them and say "you're going to die, and you will take someone out with you!"

Paint ball gun sounds cool. Paint them up!
Old 03-19-2017, 08:12 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Be extra careful when crossing the golf cart paths in your car. A while ago, 4 teenagers in a cart crossed in front of us without looking or stopping. They were all screaming and laughing. It looked like maybe they were playing chicken.

I guarantee that many of them will roll their eyes when you insist on a little driver's ed class. So what? You can't expect teenagers to know everything, even though they often think they do.
ATTENTION TEENAGERS, now is the time to leave home while you still know it all.
I only noticed 1 light beer can on the path yesterday.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Are these the Spring Breakers from college or just local kids who have the week off???
Old 03-19-2017, 08:37 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Are these the Spring Breakers from college or just local kids who have the week off???
Spring breakers visiting Grammy or Mommy.

Hope the adults have plenty of liabilty insurance. It is their golf cart - it is their liability.
Closed Thread

Tags
tunnel, soda, spring, back, turn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.