Things that Annoy you

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2015, 02:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts
Default Things that Annoy you

I will start. The items for sale and you send a pm to see item and 3 days later you get a pm back it's been sold. And they still don't mark SOLD.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
I will start. The items for sale and you send a pm to see item and 3 days later you get a pm back it's been sold. And they still don't mark SOLD.
Threads that have incomplete or misleading titles.
Why not give some indication of the actual topic?

You Need to Read This
Something Happened
I don't understand this
News that just happened
How can I fix this
I have a problem
You won't believe this
Disappointed again
I have a question

Old 03-29-2015, 04:06 AM
Location: From Colonial Heights, VA- now in Village of Gilchrist 213

When someone stops on golf cart path to roll down side curtains or talk on phone without clearly pulling into grass out of lane of traffic, then they give you the wave go around... Just pull out the way!!! It is only grass!
Old 03-29-2015, 04:49 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

When a reply is dismissive because someone is new to the forum. I hate seeing someone called a troll just because they're new and the subject is controversial. If they're trolls, just don't reply. They might actually be sincere but will never post again because of the negativity.

Certain posters and their proselytizing. Great, you're a vegan and believe in the health benefits. Some of us prefer a shorter life lived with gusto than a long life with too many sacrifices. I can't imagine anyone in the US today not knowing about the health benefits of not smoking, not eating beef, sugar, etc. We really don't need to be nagged about it.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-29-2015, 04:52 AM
Veteran member

getting old
Old 03-29-2015, 05:14 AM
Sage

people paying with checks in the express check out in the super-market
Old 03-29-2015, 05:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Threads that have incomplete or misleading titles.
Why not give some indication of the actual topic?

You Need to Read This
Something Happened
I don't understand this
News that just happened
How can I fix this
I have a problem
You won't believe this
Disappointed again
I have a question

Bare, if you lightly run your cursor over the title you can read the beginning of the message and get a general idea what it is about. No need to open to read - saves a lot of aggro.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-29-2015, 06:35 AM

Get your grumps for the day out here!

1) People who pull out in front of you. This happens all day on the streets, in the parking lots, and even in the grocery store! Then they have the audacity to give you a dirty look!

2) The person with the golf cart with big ONEIDA, NY signs all over it who totally blocked the driver's side of my car while I was in The Mark Twain Library. I had to crawl in from another door. You must have been at the Paradise Center because I made an announcement, "Attention, library shoppers...".

3) People who eschew book marks and dog ear pages of books and mark in pen or hi-liter the last line they read. Now, I do realize that the books at The Mark Twain are donations so, in that case, mark away. But I see it in regular library books, too.

Okay, that's all I got. Tough life, huh? I feel much better!!! Enjoy your day.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:50 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Posters who apparently never bother reading the entire thread before they respond and clearly ae only interested in expressing their opinion, something of which hs already been addressed and had they read the thread would have known.

I allow for lag time so understand that a poster would not have had the benefit of seeing one, two three posts before theirs but after that.................Hmmmmm
Old 03-29-2015, 06:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Unfortunately, I allow too many things to annoy me, but I think my pet annoyance would be the people who are so rude, so rude to servers in a restaurant, so rude to people in the grocery store, so rude and ignorant in their driving habits - how much time does it really take to let someone get out of a side street, etc. etc, and when I let you into the stream of traffic a slight acknowledgement would be very much appreciated. Does it really take much to say thank you, to hold a door open so that it does not slam in someone's face, to generally be polite as you go through life?

I do not remember people being this ignorant and rude when I was growing up, have we changed so much!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-29-2015, 07:24 AM
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Unfortunately, I allow too many things to annoy me, but I think my pet annoyance would be the people who are so rude, so rude to servers in a restaurant, so rude to people in the grocery store, so rude and ignorant in their driving habits - how much time does it really take to let someone get out of a side street, etc. etc, and when I let you into the stream of traffic a slight acknowledgement would be very much appreciated. Does it really take much to say thank you, to hold a door open so that it does not slam in someone's face, to generally be polite as you go through life?

I do not remember people being this ignorant and rude when I was growing up, have we changed so much!
Yes! I totally agree and I just read this on another board, "They're missing the Golden Rule gene". Love it. Applies to way too many people here.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:29 AM
Platinum member

My biggest pet peeves are people who don't tell the truth and people who backstab... just be who you are and be honest!
Old 03-29-2015, 08:45 AM
Gold member

Mine has got to be people who sit and chat after completing their meal at restaurant tables while they can clearly see there are people waiting in line to get seated. This drives me crazy. I'm not talking about a minute or two or while they are waiting for a check etc.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:37 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Misleading garage and yard sale advertisements. How about those neighborhood ones listing no less than 6 or 8 streets, and after trekking across the villages find out it's 2 or maybe 3 houses. Ok, I guess technically multiple means more than one.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:10 AM
Gold member

People in a supermarket who appear to be capable of loading their groceries in their car but take a b****r away to take them to their care leaving the cashier to do double duty. Yes, I know that someone may not appear to be handicapped but I'll bet that most aren't. This usually happens when I'm next in line.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.