TV sales agents

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2017, 12:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgind View Post
Recently sold house in The Villages. My advise to anyone dont go with TV sales to sell your pre owned. They will low ball your price. Go with an outside company. I made this mistake. I am now out of the rat race and happy to be away from it.

Now I'm even more confused. If you were one month away from The Villages contract ending why would you think your house was overpriced ? I think you are tweaking us. It is probably in our best interest also that you are so happy to be out.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
as a former realtor.....the only real way you know you sold the house for less than it was worth is the APPRAISAL.

If the home sold for $200 and the appraisal came in at $250

you lost....

But, if you sold for $245ish and the appraisal came in at $250....well....your on the money...

It always pays to know what you have got before you sell it. Spend around $200 or so to find out before hand.
Best suggestion on here. Thanks
Old 02-15-2017, 01:04 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Last edited by Boomer; 02-15-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:21 PM

All agents make their money from a percentage of the sale, so unless you got one who needed fast money and you just wanted to dump the house and went below the appraised value (which you should know), I cannot see how you are ripped off. If the person you went to was a horrible person, just post his name here and shame him since you moved anyways. Maybe s/he would then be able to generalize.

Example. I could say the football San Fransisco 49ers all are horrible, but that is general and hurts the team where there are good players on the team, now if I say Colin Kaepernick on the 49ers is horrible (and I dislike him as a player as he doesn't scan the field correctly and a human; political and will not talk about it here) then I that would be a more accurate opinion.

So, name the person, don't shame the whole organization. I know 2 Village realtors and one special one in particular is a very good person, and very honest and helps people underprivileged. I'm not going to name him in the forums because he is MINE (lolololol)
Old 02-15-2017, 05:32 PM

We sold ours through The Villages and WE set the price. We were NEVER asked to reduce the price.
We received an offer and negotiated a sale price. House didn't sell as fast as we thought
but it did sell. The sales person could have had better communication with the sellers.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I have seen time and time again houses priced about $10,000 too high sit on the market for over 200 days. Then they get marked down $10,000 and all of a sudden they sell overnight. I watch the market carefully and see this often. It just happened to friends of ours. I knew from the start the realtor priced it too high. It sat for 262 days. Then they changed the price and it sold in one day. It's pretty easy to see with all of the houses listed in the paper every day. Some realtors like to show the new homes currently being built instead of the pre-owned and that doesn't help any either. Not sure if their commissions are higher on those or not. I'm sure your stepson works hard. There is no question that it is a difficult job.
If you "knew from the start", then why blame the agent?
Old 02-16-2017, 07:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
If you "knew from the start", then why blame the agent?
Because it wasn't his house? (see sentence right before your quote)
Old 02-16-2017, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I didn't think your home was attractively presented when I first saw the pictures. Perhaps the agent suggested some ideas to spruce up the very white kitchen and you preferred not to stage it or change it, I don't know. Either the quality of photography was not good or your home, like many of it's age could have benefited from a good power washing or coat of paint.

It feels like your post was a parting shot from someone who was not happy here.

I hope you bloom in your new garden.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Because it wasn't his house? (see sentence right before your quote)
Grrr...sorry 'bout that!!
Old 02-16-2017, 10:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I didn't think your home was attractively presented when I first saw the pictures. Perhaps the agent suggested some ideas to spruce up the very white kitchen and you preferred not to stage it or change it, I don't know. Either the quality of photography was not good or your home, like many of it's age could have benefited from a good power washing or coat of paint.

It feels like your post was a parting shot from someone who was not happy here.

I hope you bloom in your new garden.
Bingo
Old 02-16-2017, 11:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Parting shot indeed.

Last edited by Marathon Man; 02-17-2017 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Regrets I have a few. I does make you wonder if your house gets snapped up in a heartbeat if you could have squeezed another nickel out of it. It really just doesn't matter. Sell and get on with your life and if you are into wasting time then look in the rear view mirror and Regret the price you accepted. Take Care.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgind View Post
Recently sold house in The Villages. My advise to anyone dont go with TV sales to sell your pre owned. They will low ball your price. Go with an outside company. I made this mistake. I am now out of the rat race and happy to be away from it.

What stood out to me was the rat race comment. Most of us are retired so what rat race is the OP referring to?
Old 02-27-2017, 09:41 AM

Just an FYI. Villages sales agents are NOT Realtors.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverjewel View Post
Just an FYI. Villages sales agents are NOT Realtors.
THANK GOODNESS. THEY don't keep calling, they don't pester, they don't even really have to work very hard, because this place sells itself.

That Realtor thing is usually from a....wait for it.....

A REALTOR.

Tags
sales, company, made, mistake, happy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.